Official Talk Leica thread

Hi, the car the (king-)fins belong to (Leica M9 - ZEISS Biogon 2/35 f 3,5) :

L1019260_DxO-z35b-35-tp.jpg

(I took a 35mm, because I was in Alzenau the first time, and did not know the location and the number of cars.

In addition, I had a "pocket-camera" (SONY Nex-5n - SZ FE 2,8/35 with me.

From my IT days, I still have these concepts of back-up and high-availability in me ... --- I could use my iPhone as back-up, but somehow I don't ... --- )

Last edited:
Finally, after many years of lusting after a Leica and waiting I've bitten the bullet and bought an M10-P! Picked a low mileage one up from LCE which is in good condition - a couple of rub marks here and there but nothing that concerns me. A couple of batteries and the Leica thumb grip also included so all sorted for major accessories!

Currently trying out a friends Voigtlander Nokton 50mm 1.2 to see how I get on with it as he's considering selling... he's also lent me a 7artisans 35mm f2 - just for fun.
Think I may have to look for a diopter adjustment of some sort as the VF is not spot on with or without my glasses on which I did think maybe the case.
Can't wait to get out and give it a proper try over the next few days! :banana:

Finally, after many years of lusting after a Leica and waiting I've bitten the bullet and bought an M10-P! Picked a low mileage one up from LCE which is in good condition - a couple of rub marks here and there but nothing that concerns me. A couple of batteries and the Leica thumb grip also included so all sorted for major accessories!

Currently trying out a friends Voigtlander Nokton 50mm 1.2 to see how I get on with it as he's considering selling... he's also lent me a 7artisans 35mm f2 - just for fun.
Think I may have to look for a diopter adjustment of some sort as the VF is not spot on with or without my glasses on which I did think maybe the case.
Can't wait to get out and give it a proper try over the next few days! :banana:

Congratulations. Nice one..

Hi, (Leica M9 - ZEISS Biogon 2/35 f 4, crop). Live music - venturing into dancook's field... :)

The event was organized by the local Rotary Club. I am not sure all artists are members ... --- :

L1019327_DxO-z35b-c-tp_bearbeitet-1.jpg

A quick question about the R mount for Leica aficionados. Apologies if it is a bit naive. The R mount for the reflex series cameras; what other makers made lenses compatible with this mount (if any?). Are there any readily available adaptors to use other (?vintage) lenses. Many thanks

A quick question about the R mount for Leica aficionados. Apologies if it is a bit naive. The R mount for the reflex series cameras; what other makers made lenses compatible with this mount (if any?). Are there any readily available adaptors to use other (?vintage) lenses. Many thanks

Hi, an interesting question ... My answer to the bold part. You find many lenses there:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.de/index.php/Fremd-Objektive_für_Leica_R

(I have several R mount lenses I adapted to SONY E-mount cameras.( I also have an R -> M adapter I never use, because my Leica M9 has no live view.))

Last edited:
Thanks for that link. I was vaguely aware that Tamron had so it is nice to see that in full. The others are new to me

Well, the list is impressively long. - On the other hand, one should not forget that Leitz/Leica lenses were and are world class. That is why I have a few of them ... ---

I found it is quite difficult to balance the speed to take a shot of people/things in low light. Had to crank the ISO up to 2k, which was a bit too noisy I feel, but neccessary. Missed a few shots (the speed went slow and I didn`t see the speed through the eye piece). Forgot to attached the evf (noted for the future to attach it fo 'critical' shots and use the eye piece for practice/not important shots).
Enjoyed it though. felt good :) close to 400 shots (and one video) and managed to keep 289 with only a few critical ones missed focus, too slow shutter or generally some movement/expression wrong. Much higher than I thought I would have (I was thinking more like 30% ok with 5% being brilliant - in my opinion ;) )

Two more :
L1008505 by Katia & Vince, on Flickr

L1008235 by Katia & Vince, on Flickr

Also learnt to use the guide lines on the eye piece, helps with composition although I do need a lot more practice with that...

Back