Official Talk Leica thread

Tried to remember how to macro... Still think there is a lot less light getting in - but I might have solved the problem. I was using classic metering and I read that to use spot or center you need to use advanced metering. So I am going to try that for a bit and see whether it helps :)

Leica typ240 mp + novoflex adapter + 105mm Nikkor Macro
L1008080 by Katia & Vince, on Flickr

Anyone else found Leica M6's becoming a bit thin on the ground. I've been on the lookout for a while now and they're doesn't seem to be as many around as there was and what is appear to be on way North value wise.

Anyone else found Leica M6's becoming a bit thin on the ground. I've been on the lookout for a while now and they're doesn't seem to be as many around as there was and what is appear to be on way North value wise.

Hi, I still have mine (from 1988). But I can't see a reason for using it instead of my M9. I have not used it since 2003, when I went digital.

Exposing film (36 pictures/cartridge), having it developped, scanning it or having it scanned, and you are there - at last.

If I wanted a slimmer body (of my camera) I would buy an M 10.

Hi, I still have mine (from 1988). But I can't see a reason for using it instead of my M9. I have not used it since 2003, when I went digital.

Exposing film (36 pictures/cartridge), having it developped, scanning it or having it scanned, and you are there - at last.

I can give you 5 reasons off the top of my head....

Kodak Portra 400
Kodak Ektar 100
Kodak Portra 800
Ilford HP5
Fuji Acros

:D

I almost bought one but what I really want is an MP. I have just been offered one at a really good price but as I am currently buying a house, I have had to turn him down......maybe. I really want it but sometimes we can't have what we want. :(

I can give you 5 reasons off the top of my head....

Kodak Portra 400
Kodak Ektar 100
Kodak Portra 800
Ilford HP5
Fuji Acros

:D

I almost bought one but what I really want is an MP. I have just been offered one at a really good price but as I am currently buying a house, I have had to turn him down......maybe. I really want it but sometimes we can't have what we want. :(

Damn, that's frustrating, send him my way :ROFLMAO:

Understood, but I do enjoy shooting a bit of film.

Hi, a little on film vs. digital :

https://petapixel.com/2015/05/26/film-vs-digital-a-comparison-of-the-advantages-and-disadvantages/

I could use my Medium Format (6 x 6) ROLLEI 2.8 GX, which offers higher resolution (professionally scanned) than 24mm x 36mm Kleinbild:

View attachment 256806

A reason to reuse an old toy ... ---

I’ve probably read most film v digital argument on the internet, including discussion that always crops up here on TP. Ultimately, I personally have no desire to ever shoot digitally again.

Hi, a little on film vs. digital :

https://petapixel.com/2015/05/26/film-vs-digital-a-comparison-of-the-advantages-and-disadvantages/

I could use my Medium Format (6 x 6) ROLLEI 2.8 GX, which offers higher resolution (professionally scanned) than 24mm x 36mm Kleinbild:

View attachment 256806

A reason to reuse an old toy ... ---

I'm very happy with my M9s but I do have an M2 (away at the moment for CLA) and I also have a Bronica SQ-Ai for better detail in film shooting. Can't wait to get my M2 back though for those gritty high contrast street photos that I don't yet take even with my M9s.

Last edited:
Back