Official Talk Leica thread

Playing with the 240 and (my old, old friend) SilkyPix!

Found this lovely old Citroen parked by the beach, then the police came to shut down the ice cream sellers and make sure people weren't lingering around spreading the virus

It's going to be a long month for street photographers!

I hope everyone and their loved ones are well and will be ok

M1001959.1.SP10.jpg

Hi, yesterday was a sunny SONNAR day ... The iron girl in Schwelm/D (Leica M9 - ZEISS Sonnar 1,5/50).

f 1,5 :

L1001540_DxO-z50p-15-tp.jpg

f 2,8 :

L1001539_DxO-z50p-28-tp.jpg

One can see the difference in rendering between 1,5 and 2,8. But the bokeh at 2,8 is very nice, too, I think.

So, why bother with focus shift at 1,5 ??

Hi... Still have more to process and post. However today I am feeling.... disappointed. F4 @ 1/2000 - 1/4000 I would expect most photos to be fairly crisp. They seem to be soft or oof. Maybe the lens (50mm f1.1 7artisans) has a max distance... If so I will need to remember that next time.

This is an example. When you zoom in, its soft. In this smaller view.. looks ok though (I hope)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iECrSo]

Got lucky with the weather. Arrived in pouring rain. This is the next morning with fairly decent weather. Changed in the early afternoon. Repeated for the following day. Day we left. Sunshine....
LR spot the dust bunnies came in very handy... as I didnt blow the sensor between lens changes, only wiped the lenses both ends (and that was only because I was using the evf and saw black spots)[/url]

The sun cascades down over northern Portugal, but we're not really supposed to be leaving our homes...

Still on the plus side, it's 16:45 and I haven't bothered to get dressed yet :D

Here's another one of that car, but in BW, and not that you'll probably tell.... but with more editing than I ever normally give a photo as I'm a little bored..

Glistening Vintage by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Gentlemen, a serious question: As this is called the "Official Talk Leica Thread" is it open to discussions and pictures taken with Panasonic products carrying the name Leica - e.g. my little TZ70?

Camera Panasonic TZ70 HX90 DSC00050.JPG

Gentlemen, a serious question: As this is called the "Official Talk Leica Thread" is it open to discussions and pictures taken with Panasonic products carrying the name Leica - e.g. my little TZ70?

Hi, I wouldn't mind, having always had a soft spot for Panasonic. My first PC in 1983 was a Panasonic!

Nowadays, there is the L-mount cooperation, and there has been a close relationship between Leica and Panasonic over the years ...

But this for the OP to decide, I think. ---

Something cool ... (Leica M9 - LEITZ Tele-Elmar 4/135 f 8 ; crop) :

L1001242_DxO-L135-8-c-tp.jpg

Attachments

• L1001242_DxO-L135-8-tp.jpg
    L1001242_DxO-L135-8-tp.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

View attachment 272024

i posted pics from my huawei phone that has leica branding! No one said anything

Well there aren't many posters in here anyway, loose version is any leica.. ?
Although I doubt you guys would want some other camera with a leica lens.. ? (ie adaptor and mount?)

Leica typ 240 mp + 28mm f2 voigtlander (I think)

There are some uh blurry hand held shots in semi dark places on the flickr feed. Some are weirdly hand shake with very fast speed... maybe my technique needs redoing :)
Maybe I can get better soon... maybe not.

Well there aren't many posters in here anyway, loose version is any leica.. ?
Although I doubt you guys would want some other camera with a leica lens.. ? (ie adaptor and mount?)

i still have a fuji x-pro1 and an adapter for M lenses

i haven’t really ever used it though!

Still using my Leica here and just added this.....

I have been after something that has 35mm frame linefor a while and really wanted an M6 or an MP, but for half the price of an M6 I could get something that has a brass top plate and the metal levers instead of plastic. Of course, there's no meter but in years of shooting without one, it isn't a must for me. :)

M2.jpg

Still using my Leica here and just added this.....

I have been after something that has 35mm frame linefor a while and really wanted an M6 or an MP, but for half the price of an M6 I could get something that has a brass top plate and the metal levers instead of plastic. Of course, there's no meter but in years of shooting without one, it isn't a must for me. :)

View attachment 272287
Good choice, I sold my M6 to get an M2 and prefer it..

Hi, an adapter combo (SONY NEX-5N - Voigtländer SUPER-WIDE HELIAR 4,5/15 screw mount f 8; 2 adapters: screw-mount -> Leica M, Leica M -> Sony E mount) :

DSC01655-nex5-tp.jpg

DSC01673-nex5-tp.jpg

DSC01683-nex5-tp.jpg

Why did I use it? It is a nice, compact APS-C pocket camera combo handy for travel pics. The NEX-5N is my backup camera when travelling with my SONY A7R2,
to which the Heliar can also be adapted.

From my IT past I still carry these high-availability ideas with me, to always have a backup ... --- My iphone I somehow do not see as a proper backup ---

(Now that I have 2 M9s, I could use both when travelling, but their weight might be too much for luggage weight regulations, making my board-case too heavy.)

No problems (colour shift, weak corners) adapting Leica M mount lenses to SONYs up to and including the NEX-6. The problems started with the A7 ... ---

Hi, in Wiesbaden/D - pole position :D ... --- (Leica M9 - Elmarit 2,8/28 v4 f 2,8) :

L1001297_DxO-L28-28-tp.jpg

Adapter solutions: I am not sure how many people here in this thread are interested. So, I shall limit my posting of these to one/week ... ---

Been a while since I posted in here, been mincing around with Capture 1 for past couple of days, as things slow down in the U.K. thought it a good opportunity to give it a ‘proper test’.

I have to say I am impressed with how much you can get out of it - it does squeeze a bit more quality out than Lightroom, just not sure I’ll be able to adapt to it over 30 days.

M10-P | Summicron 40mm f2

D469410A-6C6B-4231-983C-1C018078C4D6.jpeg

Question: has anyone shot a pic, iso 200 in dayloght, 1/4000s and it looks like it had camera shake?

Maybe whilst panning or moving, but not really often

Can depend on the lens too, my 7artisans 50 isn’t particularly sharp and can make fuzzy edges especially off centre

Back