Official Talk Leica thread

Next came the ever reliable Team Raven with their self build Vans RV-8s...

Team Raven Sidmouth G9 P1014447.JPG

Last of the propeller driven aircraft on display were The Titans, an unusual two plane team with one high wing aircraft and one low wing...

The Titans Sidmouth G9 P1014476.JPG

The finále was, of course, the Red Arrows, who did their usual excellent job...

Red Arrows Sidmouth G9 P1014532.JPG

The Leica lens is the least bad I have for the job. All acts operate well away from the coast line and, while marvelous to watch, are a struggle to capture, even with an equivalent of 800mm.

One thing I can report, though: both the Leica lens and the G9 really are weatherproof! :naughty:

Last edited:
Too long since i got to shoot Bikes
All wide open with the Q2

Thunderbird by Trevor, on Flickr

Ralphs Flat track Triumph Triple by Trevor, on Flickr

One for Toby @snerkler
One for Toby by Trevor, on Flickr

Honda V4 by Trevor, on Flickr

Honda CB750-4 by Trevor, on Flickr

Beeza Bitsa by Trevor, on Flickr

Admiring the Triumph Thunderbird by Trevor, on Flickr

One for Rob @Lost_Manc
Fzzzzz Offff-2 by Trevor, on Flickr
That is a nice selection, something for everyone into older bikes.

Tempted to get a 35mm Lens to go with my Noctilux 50mm f0.95, mainly for holiday stuff. There’s a crazy amount of choice though. I’m naturally a bit of a bokeh boy so I’m more tempted by the 1.4 then the 2, even though I’ve owned the f2 a long time ago and enjoyed it greatly.

Suggestions?

Tempted to get a 35mm Lens to go with my Noctilux 50mm f0.95, mainly for holiday stuff. There’s a crazy amount of choice though. I’m naturally a bit of a bokeh boy so I’m more tempted by the 1.4 then the 2, even though I’ve owned the f2 a long time ago and enjoyed it greatly.

Suggestions?
Would you look at the CV options? They have a 35/1.2 or the Zeiss 1.4 (that’s BIG though)

Suggestions?
Hi, among other 35mm lenses, I have the VOIGTLÄNDER Nokton 1,2/35 v1, an aluminum beauty, but it is bulky and heavy. It shows onion-rings in highlights.
However, newer version might perhaps be better ...

My best 35mm lens is the ZEISS Distagon 1,4/35.

Many people came to the same result :

Suggestions?
The Voigtlander Ultron 35/2 is a great lens, one of my favourites, but I should think a Sumilux 35/1.4 should be towards the top of your list...

Yeah my brain is going towards summilux, specifically the 2022 version. Need to look at some reviews. To me, sharpness wide open is much more important than sharpness stopped down or across the entire frame. I also really like the creamy swirly bokeh of Leica glass but if other brands have similar reproductions I’m interested

Q2. Experimented today with using the digital crop mode. Apart from the crop overlay, there are a couple useful features. With overlay displaying the camera will only focus within the framelines and will only meter for the cropped scene. Pretty useful I reckon.

Last edited:
Q2. Experimented today with using the digital crop mode. Apart from the crop overlay, there are a couple useful features. With overlay displaying the camera will only focus within the framelines and will only meter for the cropped scene. Pretty useful I reckon.
It is plus you get the whole image as a DNG, if you click on the crop icon in LR you'll see the entire image and the crop, handy in case you've cropped in too far in camera and want to revert.

It is plus you get the whole image as a DNG, if you click on the crop icon in LR you'll see the entire image and the crop, handy in case you've cropped in too far in camera and want to revert.
That’s right Pete. So good..

Hi, in Wiesbaden/D ... (M9 - ZEISS Distagon 1,4/35 f 5,6 ; crops) :

L1030590_DxO-z35d-56-c.jpg

L1030590_DxO-z35d-56-cc-676k.jpg

@James J : I am not sure how helpful my Distagon pics are for you. There are too many differences between the M9 and the M11.

More helpful for you is an M11 owner with the Distagon and the Summilux(es) ... ---

Attachments

• L1030590_DxO-z35d-56-f.jpg
    L1030590_DxO-z35d-56-f.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 1
I’m still none the wiser when it comes to which 35 mm to buy. I’m not sure whether I should try the voitglander 35mm due to their price and see if I get on with them or bite the bullet and go straight to the summilux. I’m also considering a 90 f2 as well so lots of decisions to make

I’m still none the wiser when it comes to which 35 mm to buy. I’m not sure whether I should try the voitglander 35mm due to their price and see if I get on with them or bite the bullet and go straight to the summilux. I’m also considering a 90 f2 as well so lots of decisions to make
Just go straight to the ‘lux. It’ll always be nagging away at you if you don’t.

I'm happy with my old Summicron but then I only have the M9s so resolution isn't an issue. I'm happy with the resultsI get. FWIW I only have older M lenses, the only ASPH lens I have is a 21mm and that only because my old one died and I couldn't get a pre ASPH one to replace it quickly enough.

If you are running the more modern M10R/M11 I guess the older lenses won't cut it. Unlucky. ;)

Hi, press badge benefits at a vintage car meeting: early access, VIP parking, info material, receptions.

Downsides: early light is not good and some cars are covered ... (M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Apo-Lanthar 2/50 f 2,8) :

L1030657_DxO-v50-28.jpg

Back