Official Talk Leica thread

Hi, spot the TRIUMPH ... (M9 - VOIGTLÄNDER Ultron 2/28 ii ; f 2 ; crops) :

L1011927_DxO-v282-2-c.jpg

This view is a little clearer, but without the exhaust manifolds. Bikes are often parked too close ... :

L1011925_DxO-v282-2-c.jpg

Last edited:
Leica M11, Sumicron 50mm, Leica SF-24D:

Penny Farthing Print by Fraser White, on Flickr
To me the in focus bits look great with the bokeh behind... but it also feels off.
The second cyclists leg is oof and the wheel and by his head...
Is this something from the lens ? or post processing?

Curious, as I thought this lens was meant to be good.

To me the in focus bits look great with the bokeh behind... but it also feels off.
The second cyclists leg is oof and the wheel and by his head...
Is this something from the lens ? or post processing?

Curious, as I thought this lens was meant to be good.
Looks like classic Lens rendering to me as they have a “wonky” focal plane that pushes some areas back into focus depending on which aperture and angle of the photo. My Leica 50mm f/0.95 noctilux is well known for the same effect and some times it can really make a photo but other times be a bit much.

I really like the photo in question, beautiful 3D pop and contrast

Looks like classic Lens rendering to me as they have a “wonky” focal plane that pushes some areas back into focus depending on which aperture and angle of the photo. My Leica 50mm f/0.95 noctilux is well known for the same effect and some times it can really make a photo but other times be a bit much.

I really like the photo in question, beautiful 3D pop and contrast

yeah looks like fast lens focal curvature (and maybe some motion blur on the feet of the second rider)

thing is… Jammy says cron 50 (which has a flat field of focus), exif says elmarit 28 (@ f11!)

the photo looks like neither of those lenses!

yeah looks like fast lens focal curvature (and maybe some motion blur on the feet of the second rider)

thing is… Jammy says cron 50 (which has a flat field of focus), exif says elmarit 28 (@ f11!)

the photo looks like neither of those lenses!
Probably just an uncoded lens and the profile is set wrong in the camera. Maybe due to a preference of frame lines or something?

Probably just an uncoded lens and the profile is set wrong in the camera. Maybe due to a preference of frame lines or something?
If the uncoded lens is manually set then it’ll default to that for ever uncoded lens. (Until told overwise)

the aperture guess wouldn’t be affected though. Maybe an ND filter?

I have been playing with the idea of emulating a panoramic camera using the Leica M 240 and a C/Y 18mm Distagon. By using the info button to bring up the on screen top and bottom menus I can approximate the 13mm x 36mm format of a 35mm disposable camera so I set off to Nunhead Cemetery to take a few pictures of fixed height objects. As an experiment I think it worked but I want a wider angle lens to do similar images in narrow streets, I am thinking a 15mm or even 10mm Voigtlander would get me closer to what I want.

Nunhead L1000371panedit by Keith Hudson, on Flickr

Nunhead L1000369PanEdit by Keith Hudson, on Flickr

And a vertical just to see how that goes.

Nunhead L1000366PanEdit by Keith Hudson, on Flickr
The aspect ratio though the same as the other two looks thinner, which is odd.

Back