OK then, let's see YOUR infrared images please.

Was in Iceland last week for a few days, brought my IR camera with me, funnily enough three of us went and 2 of us shoot IR :)
Here are 2 of my IR shots from Iceland, will post more as I edit them.
Taken with a pentax K01 full spectrum converted, with a 680nm filter

Un_Panoramasm2 by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Untitled_xcopterPanoramasm1 by dr.shutter, on Flickr

Just clicked over to Flickr to follow you and was delighted to see i already do :). Wonderful work, that copter pano is just perfect. Iceland seems to be such an amazing place to then add IR into the mix is just stunning. I've promised myself a visit but things keep getting in the way...

Very nice indeed :)

Yeah - I missed the Panny - that's why I did another :)
Not getting rid of this one though.

I like those Derek, how did you process them?

Taken on my way to work, near to Long Stratton, EOS-M, 1/40, f5.6, ISO200
Bridge 02.jpg

Very nice, I'd love to go there (y)

Here's three shot today with my new toy. Shot on Enhance IR converted 20D.

The Venus - LAOWA 15mm f/4 Wide Angle 1:1 Macro Lens. None at full 1:1 as that's 4.7mm focal distance. Gets nice and close focus though.

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

Put more of my thoughts on it in a post with regards to IR having had a first play with it today.
http://www.akeyphoto.co.uk/2016/laowa-15mm-f4-wide-angle-lens-infrared-tryout/

Love the car Chris, and the New Forest pic is very nice (y)

Great to see lots of IR here :)

I was the other IR photographer with Derek in Iceland....I posted a thread of Iceland IR pics but here are another couple....all pics taken with a Sony Nex5N converted at 665nm.

Peak by Jon, on Flickr

Road by Jon, on Flickr

One of my fav's from Morocco

Barrage Lalla Takerhoust by Jon, on Flickr

And one of my favourite aerial IR shots, the Ganges Delta in faux-colour.

Ganges Delta in IR by Jon, on Flickr

Hi @aliengrove - are you a pilot? I seem to remember reading an article about a pilot with a converted Nex5N and seeing a shot like your Ganges Delta one. Can't remember where I read it though - don't think it was on here.

Hi @aliengrove - are you a pilot? I seem to remember reading an article about a pilot with a converted Nex5N and seeing a shot like your Ganges Delta one. Can't remember where I read it though - don't think it was on here.

Yes, the Daily Mail ran an article on my infrared aerial photography a couple of months ago. The shot was in the article.

Yes, the Daily Mail ran an article on my infrared aerial photography a couple of months ago. The shot was in the article.

Yes that's it - I must have seen it on line as I don't read papers.
Knew I'd seen that before[emoji106]

I generally only post mono IR shots, but current access to Channel Mixer means I can play with that for a change to produce a colour version of the first shot in #742 above. Have to say I'm not totally convinced of this result, but certainly welcome suggestions for improvement.

File004-col.jpg

I like those Rossco (y)

Just into Infrared and had a Canon 600D converted to 665nm.
After looking on the web for what lenses can and cannot be used for IR images I had on the shelf an old 28-135mm IS lens so the 600D and that lens.
Russ
IR_1st.jpg

That's very nice indeed (y)

Back