Olympics

Jess Ennis...... Another legend. Silver. You can see the absolute respect that these heptathletes have for each other and particularly Jess. Lap of honour all together and many wanting photos with Jess. Possibly the last time she will compete. She was very emotional in the interview. Would love her to give it another year and see her in the world championships in London next year.

I normally read in bed to get to sleep ,i watch the olympics now and i fall asleep quicker :)

Jess Ennis...... Another legend. Silver. You can see the absolute respect that these heptathletes have for each other and particularly Jess. Lap of honour all together and many wanting photos with Jess. Possibly the last time she will compete. She was very emotional in the interview. Would love her to give it another year and see her in the world championships in London next year.

I think that KJT has to concentrate on high or long jump, because she clearly does not have a "throwing arm". Excellent performance by Jess, just beaten by a better athlete on the day.
Looking forward to the cycling men's sprint final today, with guarenteed gold and silver, also Laura Trott and Mark Cavendish in the Women's and Men's Omnium.

I am really looking forward to getting some sleep though - three consecutive 3 A.M. finishes - I should have trained harder for this.

Some of the BBC coverage has been tedious. Lots & lots of replays, even when the events have been shown live.

There was a very long program this morning, catching up with events overnight, in great detail, & then the live program started & showed replays over again! Yesterday the rowing was live through tha afternoon. The teatime show started with Clare Balding recapping those results, including telling us that the men's eight led from start to finish, & the first item was a replay of those races....talk about spoiler alert!

All this time looking at endless replays, while live sport is happening, & sometimes you can watch the same thing on BBC1&4 at the same time!

Good luck to Andy Murray and Justin Rose, exciting is it not.

2 golds. Well done lads:plus1:

Last edited:
Some of the BBC coverage has been tedious. Lots & lots of replays, even when the events have been shown live.

There was a very long program this morning, catching up with events overnight, in great detail, & then the live program started & showed replays over again! Yesterday the rowing was live through tha afternoon. The teatime show started with Clare Balding recapping those results, including telling us that the men's eight led from start to finish, & the first item was a replay of those races....talk about spoiler alert!

All this time looking at endless replays, while live sport is happening, & sometimes you can watch the same thing on BBC1&4 at the same time!

to be fair i don;t think the bbc are in control of what feeds they get.

max Whitlock... Brilliant and it's not his best piece... Love it love it love it. Makes me dislike Premiership Football even more.

He must be so chuffed... I remember seeing him at the junior Europeans in Birmingham with a bunch of then unknown kids. Wonder how you get your game face back on when you are already an Olympic champion. We had intended going to Rio but didn't like the bidding process - no returns, no idea of flight and accommodation prices, inflated prices v those available from non European distributors - and no guarantee that seats would be in the same part of the arena together. When I emailed them to ask if they had sorted that out after London, they claimed it was out of their control... We did ponder the packages but those prices just made me spit / laugh.. We did buy a new big telly to watch it on tho. :D And Mo Farah... We recorded it over night and then whizzed it forward and hadn't realised that he had fallen until we saw the red hole in his shoulder!

I was up all night watching Mo and Jess / Kat and Greg Rutherford. It was fantastic. Jess gave it her best shot. It's a shame that there are so many empty seats in the athletics stadium. It does seem a little chaotic out there. The other pool has now turned green which is apparently screwing the synchronised swimming up if they can't sort it out.

Some of us have Olympic fever... I just wish Matt Baker would learn to keep quiet....

Lewis looks gutted. I think it is rubbish that they gave him a silver in London with exactly the same score as the guy who was given the gold. They don't split them like that in any other gymnastics competition including the world championships.

2nd in the medal table, I know it won't last long but that's some achievement.

We can possibly get another three golds today. Sailing we have one and we have a guaranteed a gold and silver in the cycling sprint with Jason and Callum. Then we have Andy Murray guaranteed a gold or silver. Not a bad day at all. Lovely interview by Lewis after all of the undeserved flack he has taken.

Nice in the velodrome, though Cavendish's foolish infraction may have given away the Omniom :(

As for Andy, talk about being torture to watch at times!!!

I wish the BBC hadn't had Perri Shakes-Drayton on the sofa this morning.
I've never heard "ya know" said so many times.
:(

I fell asleep on the sofa around 1 AM, had a half full glass of cold lager in my hand, started snoring, the missus came down, turned off the telly, I promptly woke up, said "Oi, I'm watching that", and took a sip of lager - she was not impressed!
I was however impressed that I can fall asleep with a glass of lager in my hand and not spill it all over myself:)

I stayed up on Saturday night to watch Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis-Hill, Kat J-T and Greg Rutherford in a repeat of 'Super Saturday'
What a great night/morning of sport.
KJT obviously needs to work on her throwing but a future star in the making, she's only in her 20's
Poor old Jess missing out on gold but was beaten by a great Javelin throw but what a fantastic effort to win another Olympic medal.
Mo, what else can I say. A true competitor, a real champion!
Poor Greg missing out on gold but still another medal to add to the haul.

Then last night, I couldn't go to bed watching Andy Murray, I think half of the population staying up to watch him were urging him on to win that 4th set so we could go to bed. I've never seen so many breaks of serve in a tennis set.

And we are still second in the medal table, not bad for a little island.

I fell asleep on the sofa around 1 AM, had a half full glass of cold lager in my hand, started snoring, the missus came down, turned off the telly, I promptly woke up, said "Oi, I'm watching that", and took a sip of lager - she was not impressed!
I was however impressed that I can fall asleep with a glass of lager in my hand and not spill it all over myself:)

We're all athletes in our own way :)

Indeed.

Apparently we have met our medal target for the games with 5 days to go.

(There's a whole other thread there) :)

Amazing day again. Jason Kenny and Laura Trott incredible, as are all of the cycling team. Every member of the team has now won a medal in Rio. Also another silver in diving and a bronze in boxing. To cap it off my team won 5-0 in Europe and we missed two penalties. Could have been ten!

Last edited:
Amazing day again. Jason Kenny and Laura Trott incredible, as are all of the cycling team. Every member of the team has now won a medal in Rio. Also another silver in diving and a bronze in boxing. To cannot off my team won 5-0 in Europe and we missed two penalties. Could have been ten!

Surely 7. ;) :D

Jason Kenny is a machine.

Amazing cycling campaign again..

And how much tension was added with 2 false starts to the final !!!

He was a power machine coming round the last bend :).

I'm sure there are going to be complaints about the 10 o'clock news being delayed - especially as there were complaints the commentators were over familiar by using first names for the British athletes - WTF [emoji854][emoji854] some people need to get a life...

Back