olympus 100-400 warning

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
I'm posting this after seeing a post on another forum .. please check the 3 tiny screws at the top of the lens where the hood mounts as one owner has lost his .. just checked mine and they were loose to best be safe than sorry

I'm posting this after seeing a post on another forum .. please check the 3 tiny screws at the top of the lens where the hood mounts as one owner has lost his .. just checked mine and they were loose to best be safe than sorry
2 of mine were too. Thanks for the heads up Jeff. (y)

Oops sorry mate ,twas a long day

No problem Alf ,think I upset the u.k office though posting about it

That is ridiculous.
If something is designed or put together in such a way as to be defective, they should be thanking you for pointing it out. Too much defensiveness leaves a bad impression.
It also helps others who may not be aware. E.g. how many people have been mortified by the lens hood on the 40-150 falling apart, only to find out that it is fairly common
( although I don't know if there is any preventative action)

Mind you I haven't got a screw driver small enough . :)
How did you fix yours @the black fox @Ajophotog

Sounds like a case for removing the screws one at a time & re-installing with some threadlock ...

That is ridiculous.
If something is designed or put together in such a way as to be defective, they should be thanking you for pointing it out. Too much defensiveness leaves a bad impression.
It also helps others who may not be aware. E.g. how many people have been mortified by the lens hood on the 40-150 falling apart, only to find out that it is fairly common

I just tighten them gently, I didn't add any locktight or thread lock I don't think they will fall out now but will pop a silicon band around so to keep them safe for peace of mind Alan.

That is ridiculous.

I have lots of small stuff left over from my model making days . but even places like the pound shop do ultra small sets these days

just applied a lens band to mine from my stock of obscure spares it says 24-70 on it but who cares if it holds the screws in place , lens hood still fits on/off to

only gave mine a pinch up rich and now the lens band will stop them falling out or hopefully even moving plus I have more than my fair share of screwdrivers including those left from my model making days

Last edited:
Yep I already lost one of mine , are replacements available ?

I sent a few spare screws I had to the fella that put the first alert out .try Luton cameras

Back