1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't forget to change the clocks on your camera equipment!

Dismiss Notice
  3. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of a long-standing member, Just Dave.

Dave Barker was a member of Talk Photography for nearly 10 years, and was a prominent member for most of those.
    A very warm, friendly and enthusiastic member, he spent the largest portion of his time on TP welcoming and helping others.

I'm sure all visitors to this site will join us in thanking Dave for his unwavering support and being a large part of our community.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends at such a difficult time.

Click here to join in the discussion

Dismiss Notice
  1. Greytop

Greytop

Name:
    Huw
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Looks like it may cost more than the 7-14 mm constant f/2.8, will it be any better?

2. GyRob

GyRob

Name:
    Robert
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    One from tonight Just a bit too far away OMD MKII 300f4 pro loving the silent shutter but this bird just happened to go the other way .
    Rob.

P4180206--SMALL.jpg

Bebop, Phiggys, magicolor1 and 2 others like this.
  3. Lukus_91

Lukus_91

Name:
    Luke
    Edit My Images:
    No
  4. alfbranch

alfbranch

Name:
    Alf
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It takes filters though at 67 mm thread I think. Unfortunately it lacks a focus scale.

5. ianp5a

ianp5a

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Question: When I use the Olympus app to copy a MOV video from my EM5ii to my smartphone, it's a big file. What is a good app to compress it for sharing? I tried one app (Mov to MP4 converter) where the result quality in mp4 was quite poor. Does Olympus have an app?
    Any help appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 1:03 PM
  6. Bebop

Bebop

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    There is a sharing and critique area of the forum where you may get more response.

I am no expert, and it's all subjective, but on the blossom photo, I find the out of focus foreground slightly distracting. I also think it would benefit from the main focus being on a flower facing the camera. The flower pot photo is nice and sharp throughout, and is suited to B&W. The shadows from top left act as nice leading lines into the main subject.

7. milster

milster

Name:
    Gary
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just had an em10 back from being converted to infrared and I've noticed it's making a weird whiring sort of noise.....It wasn't before it left. It's not the ibis as it still does it while thats off (and it sound nothing like my other em10 or what it did before it left) any ideas what it might be? The company who did it are taking it back to look at and have been great but just wondered if theres anything I should check first? Cheers

8. damianmkv

damianmkv Uh oh, a fruit basket!

Edit My Images:
    Yes
  9. rugeyes

rugeyes

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm sure it wouldn't have happened with an em5 conversion ;-)

milster likes this.
  10. milster

milster

Name:
    Gary
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ha, probably not

rugeyes likes this.