Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Hi David, glad to know it. It may help others who don't know it's there as ii really does make a difference if you want to go down the JPG route which the OMD range make a super job.
Been hovering around this page for a while now. Nice to see other peoples thoughts and experiences of the Olympus M4/3

Do any of you guys use the sigma art lenses. So far from reviews it seems the af slows a little but optically they are very good. They seem very fairly priced.

I was thinking of the sigma 19mm f2.8 instead of the olympus 17mm f2.8.

I cant really afford the olympus 17mm f1.8 at the moment.....unless there are some good new year deals......hehe.

I've the 60 - its optically very good, almost as good as the 75mm, however as you say the AF isn't as fast which is why it doesn't come out all that often - I have heard a few people say they'd sold their 75 after buying it, so I guess if your targets are stationary then you're good.

HDEW - Olympus OM D E-M10 Kit (14-42 EZ) Black for £504.99 delivered.

Its in the basket but I've not had the nerve to continue. I need to decide soon as the offer ends Friday.

Decisions, decisions.

Well, I paid £430 second hand with the older lens so looks good to me - I forget are HDEW importers? If so for a little more you could get direct from Amazon for a little more (link), although they do have a wait time.

Edit:Just read up on HDEW - yep imports but excellent service so I hear and if I recall you can request a VAT receipt.

Last edited:
Well, I paid £430 second hand with the older lens so looks good to me - I forget are HDEW importers? If so for a little more you could get direct from Amazon for a little more (link), although they do have a wait time.

Edit:Just read up on HDEW - yep imports but excellent service so I hear and if I recall you can request a VAT receipt.

And a three year warranty on the body -

Nice shots, especially the close ups - BTW did you know thats Wayne Manor from Batman - I didn't until my wife told me after we left.. grrr...

None that I was happy enough to post - I think it'll be a good lens but I haven't had a decent macro opportunity with it on me yet. I'm a little picky about my macros having had the MP-E65 for so long, in fact my best macro on the E-M10 so far was using my Canon 100mm with adapter.

Not so much, I'm just really picky about macros

Some very nice shots there @minnnt - I really want to get out and use mine properly, especially as I now have a PL25 1.4 but the missus has just come down with flu (proper non-man type) so I'm playing nurse. Fair to say my NYE will be low key...

That snowflake is gorgeous @damianmkv - is it yours?

My Duracell battery has charged fine in the OEM charger and working perfectly in the camera, it will take a while of using both to see if it's any good.

Is that the newer EM5 with leather grip and is it the two part grip?

thanks

Yes two part grip (only one battery) ,not sure if leather ?? Its really nice regardless :) chuffed now need to get out and use it.

I guess the Amazon lightning deal is finished now, but its been come up and dropping in price since Black Friday. Started at £750 then fell to £700. When it got to £600 it was simply too good of a price to miss.

Yes two part grip (only one battery) ,not sure if leather ?? Its really nice regardless :) chuffed now need to get out and use it.

I guess the Amazon lightning deal is finished now, but its been come up and dropping in price since Black Friday. Started at £750 then fell to £700. When it got to £600 it was simply too good of a price to miss.

There has been another £600 offer today, just finished @ 6.00pm, only 17% claimed, so it will probably be back up in a day or two.. Also considering a GX7 and 20mm f1.7 lens with the Panny cashback offer.

There has been another £600 offer today, just finished @ 6.00pm, only 17% claimed, so it will probably be back up in a day or two.. Also considering a GX7 and 20mm f1.7 lens with the Panny cashback offer.

I just need to sell up my Nikon gear now to offset the cost !

None that I was happy enough to post - I think it'll be a good lens but I haven't had a decent macro opportunity with it on me yet. I'm a little picky about my macros having had the MP-E65 for so long, in fact my best macro on the E-M10 so far was using my Canon 100mm with adapter.

I use a 4/3 fit Sigma 105 on my E-M1 with a MMF3 adapter

Wasp-in-winter by alf.branch, on Flickr

Wasp-in-winter-2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Neriene montana 1 by alf.branch, on Flickr

This is with my Raynox DCR250 also

Dicyrtomina-saundersi-moult by alf.branch, on Flickr

Dicyrtomina-saundersi-2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Nice shots - I really must bring out that macro :)

Happy new year to you all - this must the busiest thread on TP :D

I haven't really used the 45mm up to yet, so I'm wanting to make a point of giving it a going over in the next few days.

I seem to be taking my time adjusting to the new system. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it's starting to annoy me a little now. Meh.

I'm not sure. Maybe. I know this is really daft, but i think the size is a factor too. It feels very comfy to use though. I read on mu43 that someone said that the e-m1 handles alot like his old d7k. Maybe that's what i need... :LOL: And the way the camera meters doesn't seem as good as the Nikon imo but like i said, i haven't given it a real work out yet other than a few snaps here and there.

I am also feeling that the images are lacking a little bit of 'pop' so maybe i need to look at my workflow aswell.

@minnnt If the menus are giving you grief perhaps try the sets and assign them to some of the function buttons - I hear a lot of people do this.
The size factor could be harder - I forget did you get the grip? That changes it a little, after that theres always alternate bodies as you say, the M5 is very cheap but looses a little the wise but I'm not sure enough of the changes to comment.

It's ridiculous that I'm moaning about size (story of my life!) as that is usually the reason people change and it was for me to a certain extent. I have the grip, yes and it makes a pleasant difference. The 5 isn't for me, but maybe the 1 is.

Will have to look into the MySet thing.

Thanks.

It's ridiculous that I'm moaning about size (story of my life!) as that is usually the reason people change and it was for me to a certain extent. I have the grip, yes and it makes a pleasant difference. The 5 isn't for me, but maybe the 1 is.

Will have to look into the MySet thing.

Thanks.

Unbelievable! :D

lol, I'm so glad you said 'story of my life' and 'not story of my wife' ;)

I take it though that you're finding it too small? If so perhaps the E-M1 may be for you - keeps lenses small so the overall package is reduced but just a little bigger and more DSLR feeling - I must admit I'd like to try one out even though I'd loose wifi, no idea where you could try one though - I've got it listed as a possible trade item against me 5D3.

Oh, excellent - worth a potter down them.... beware though it might be in the sale!

Yeah, the EM1 has wifi.

The MySet thing is really good and the way you can assign them to the pointless mode dial settings is great, it means rather than having Scene modes I can have that as my long exposure setting, and the Art filter setting as my high shutter speed setting. Damn useful.

I've not done enough shooting yet to have formed an opinion on the image quality but the pictures people keep posting keeps me really optimistic. The boon for me is that combined with my iPad mini I can have a total travel system (can wifi the images over) in such a small package. I will still keep the D610 for 'special' occasions.

I wouldn't buy from them, the kit is £1600 iirc which is silly.

Damian, how's yours going? In the pub yet? :p

Nope. Meeting my bro in law there at half 5. I'm doing it out of kindness as he wants to watch football.

Back