Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Sunday morning about 9:30am.... I have caught up with my online media stuff and am about to have a looong soak in a hot bath.... For some inexplicable reason I decide to just quickly check the Parcelforce tracking website.... Saturday delivery had not happened and so tomorrow Monday was expected.

It's "Out for Delivery" !!! My App's map shows it's currently less than 10 miles away and scheduled to arrive 09:15 - 10:15 YAAAAY!!!! I am so excited! It's one of the drivers I know to chat to and so he won't be searching for my front door. In fact I usually go down to the van when he pulls up.

So I'll be shooting something today afterall.

Last edited:
So Saturday was a fault's alarm - hopefully Monday it's a bit like a pregnancy this lol

Rob.
.... Not really a false alarm on my part because at 6:35am it was stated on the tracking website as prepared for delivery and allocated to the route and therefore I expected it to get loaded on the van and delivered that day Saturday.

It is very much as you say, like a pregnancy! :LOL:. But on Friday morning it was the first time I learnt I was even pregnant!

Last edited:
looking forward to the results robin , you down the harbour later ?

looking forward to the results robin , you down the harbour later ?
.... The Bay/harbour will be rammed with people so am gonna shoot in my wilderness 'BackYard' today and do a few hours early tomorrow morning over the border in Devon where I have totally private access (no people!!) to various ponds all with lots of dragonflies (when the sun shines!). I might have a go at some passing seagulls around my house but I can't hear them today.

This same ponds location but this was shot on my ED 100-400mm+1.4x last week (not my new 150-400mm+1.25x Pro) :

UNSUCCESSFUL HARRASSMENT by Robin Procter, on Flickr

^ ^ ^ Probably one of my last shots I'll shoot on that lens before offering it for sale.

Last edited:
@killy was it you who took some shots with an Olympus 150-400mm+1.25x Pro? I wondered just out of curiosity what your thoughts were about it.

.... The Bay/harbour will be rammed with people so am gonna shoot in my wilderness 'BackYard' today and do a few hours early tomorrow morning over the border in Devon where I have totally private access (no people!!) to various ponds all with lots of dragonflies (when the sun shines!). I might have a go at some passing seagulls around my house but I can't hear them today.

This same ponds location but this was shot on my ED 100-400mm+1.4x last week :

UNSUCCESSFUL HARRASSMENT by Robin Procter, on Flickr

^ ^ ^ Probably one of my last shots I'll shoot on that lens before offering it for sale.
Well done

@RedRobin

Robin...... It is 1:41pm.......has PF delivery done its job yet??? :runaway: or are you now :banana:

@RedRobin

Robin...... It is 1:41pm.......has PF delivery done its job yet??? :runaway: or are you now :banana:
.... Yes I have had it since about 10:00am and already taken a few shots outside. As described in Reply #23,580.

I'll post my very first impressions very soon but they'll be before any card downloading and RAW conversions, so no images to show here until tomorrow evening at the earliest.

one from January treated to the latest topaz D/N and sharpenAi treatments the original was to blurry to consider using ,really loving this stuff from topaz
a touch of red by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Okay guys, no images to post yet because I want to spend time examining them and processing before selecting any to post with any meaningful comments < Tomorrow evening at the earliest as I am off at first light for a long session photographing dragonflies.

So, my first impressions of the Olympus ED 150-400mm+1.25x Pro are :

- It really is as lightweight as many photographers have reported. It's not lighter than but it feels lighter than the ED 300mm F/4 Pro.

- The physical weight balance (with my M1X) is purrfect and again it's as many others have already reported. It's not a sales/marketing spiel, it's for real!

- The lens foot is a proper functional handle (not short and stubby like the ED 100-400mm) - A strap isn't necessarily needed at all but it depends what and where you shoot.

- The zoom and MF ring grips are superb and fluid with just the right amount of smoooth travel on the zoom ring. Both perfectly positioned when the lens foot is on the palm of your left hand.

- The switches are easy to operate and are very positive to engage and are not over-recessed like some other lenses.

- 4 LFn buttons customisable but only for the same function, not 4 different functions.

- The one switch which I so far find a bit tricky is the lever for the built-in 1.25x TC. I fear it is a plastic material and hope it is tough enough long term. The included handbook strongly recommends lift fingers off the focus and shutter when switching the lever and then to refocus etc.

- AF, whether TC is engaged or not, is superfast - The fastest I have ever experienced although that does not include the latest Sony or Canon/Nikon rivals. And low light doesn't seem to slow AF down in conditions so far.

- F/4.5, or F/5.6 with TC, throughout the zoom range should not be underestimated for what it can bring to the party.

- Rotating the lens collar through each 90 degrees is extremely positive - The notch feels deep and secure.

- The lens hood is nice and rigid - I think it's carbon.

- The white is very bright! It's not a lens for paparazzi stealth. It's gear which Star Wars Warriors would use.

I got caught in quite heavy rain while I was out but I already knew that was not going to be any problem whatsoever - Bring it on!

In summary after barely one day, I feel I have got back my beloved Canon EF 500mm F/4L II but a zoom version with valuable improvements, just as the M1X is just like a smaller size Canon 1DX-2 to handle.

Last edited:
Okay guys, no images to post yet because I want to spend time examining them and processing before selecting any to post with any meaningful comments < Tomorrow evening at the earliest as I am off at first light for a long session photographing dragonflies.

So, my first impressions of the Olympus ED 150-400mm+1.25x Pro are :

- It really is as lightweight as many photographers have reported. It's not lighter than but it feels lighter than the ED 300mm F/4 Pro.

- The physical weight balance (with my M1X) is purrfect and again it's as many others have already reported. It's not a sales/marketing spiel, it's for real!

- The lens foot is a proper functional handle (not short and stubby like the ED 100-400mm) - A strap isn't necessarily needed at all but it depends what and where you shoot.

- The zoom and MF ring grips are superb and fluid with just the right amount of smoooth travel on the zoom ring. Both perfectly positioned when the lens foot is on the palm of your left hand.

- The switches are easy to operate and are very positive to engage and are not over-recessed like some other lenses.

- 4 LFn buttons customisable but only for the same function, not 4 different functions.

- The one switch which I so far find a bit tricky is the lever for the built-in 1.25x TC. I fear it is a plastic material and hope it is tough enough long term. The included handbook strongly recommends lift fingers off the focus and shutter when switching the lever and then to refocus etc.

- AF, whether TC is engaged or not, is superfast - The fastest I have ever experienced although that does not include the latest Sony or Canon/Nikon rivals. And low light doesn't seem to slow AF down in conditions so far.

- F/4.5, or F/5.6 with TC, throughout the zoom range should not be underestimated for what it can bring to the party.

- Rotating the lens collar through each 90 degrees is extremely positive - The notch feels deep and secure.

- The lens hood is nice and rigid - I think it's carbon.

- The white is very bright! It's not a lens for paparazzi stealth. It's gear which Star Wars Warriors would use.

I got caught in quite heavy rain while I was out but I already knew that was not going to be any problem whatsoever - Bring it on!

In summary after barely one day, I feel I have got back my beloved Canon EF 500mm F/4L II but a zoom version with valuable improvements, just as the M1X is just like a smaller size Canon 1DX-2 to handle.
Very interesting initial observations Robin. Dear god I would like one of them (or to try one of them) if only to see what the AF on the Em1 MK III or EM1X is truly capable of (as I have heard as you commented, it's a magnitude faster than even the venerable 300mm F4 Pro ?)...now where's that £6.5k I just had.............

Seriously I'm in a bit of a quandary at the moment. I've really taken to the Nikon's Z's over the last year (Z6II and Z7 II), but the issue is they don't have any native lenses yet for wildlife (the longest is the 70-200 with converters in native form). They are supposed to be coming out with a 200-600 similar to Sony's, but god knows when that will be announced or even to pick up. Coupled with that is the fact that whilst the Z's pretty much beat the Olympus's on most things day to day (resolution, ultimate image quality, DR, Noise etc.) as good as they are the one area where the Olmypus's can show them a clean pair go heels is in AF-C and tracking. Whilst not Sony standard's on the Olympus bodies, it's much better than the Z's which is barely adequate to be generous. So, do I wait for the native Nikon liens in the hope that they address some the AF issues in a firmware update, or get a long zoom for the already good Olympus's for my wildlife. As superb as the 300mm F4 pro is, it can sometimes be tricky as a fixed FL lens, which is where I'd love a zoom again. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:
Very interesting initial observations Robin. Dear god I would like one of them (or to try one of them) if only to see what the AF on the Em1 MK III or EM1X is truly capable of (as I have heard as you commented, it's a magnitude faster than even the venerable 300mm F4 Pro ?)...now where's that £6.5k I just had.............

Seriously I'm in a bit of a quandary at the moment. I've really taken to the Nikon's Z's over the last year (Z6II and Z7 II), but the issue is they don't have any native lenses yet for wildlife (the longest is the 70-200 with converters in native form). They are supposed to be coming out with a 200-600 similar to Sony's, but god knows when that will be announced or even to pick up. Coupled with that is the fact that whilst the Z's pretty much beat the Olympus's on most things day to day (resolution, ultimate image quality, DR, Noise etc.) as good as they are the one area where the Olmypus's can show them a clean pair go heels is in AF-C and tracking. Whilst not Sony standard's on the Olympus bodies, it's much better than the Z's which is barely adequate to be generous. So, do I wait for the native Nikon liens in the hope that they address some the AF issues in a firmware update, or get a long zoom for the already good Olympus's for my wildlife. As superb as the 300mm F4 pro is, it can sometimes be tricky as a fixed FL lens, which is where I'd love a zoom again. Decisions, decisions.

.... Yeah, currently Nikon are unusually behind in the mirrorless competitions - I have always thought of Nikon and Canon as the two main front runners but Canon has leapt ahead at the moment. I had the Canon EOS-R (Nikon Z equivalent). Canon have introduced several RF-mount lenses suitable for wildlife. There's no such thing as the perfect camera though.

I couldn't agree more that having the flexibility of zoom is invaluable for wildlife and long gone are the days when zoom lenses compromised quality.

Personally I accept that Nikon, Canon, or any other full-frame camera is going to have an edge on Olympus and m4/3 and I don't let it bother me - I am invested in Olympus Pro system for lots of other reasons - Size, weight, extreme weatherproofing, being the major advantages for the photography I do.

Last edited:
Right, so throwing myself in at the deep end regarding the Olympus 150-400mm TC Pro, here is one of my first shots with it. It's about a 500% enlargement of a very distant shot. I have not applied any sharpening because the resulting contrast kills the image quality on this one. I have photographed Little Grebes in this same location and same time of day recently and at about the same distance but on my Oly ED 100-400mm but the results were not good enough to keep. Another photographer (@the black fox Jeff for example) might do much better than myself with their 100-400mm.

LITTLE GREBE WITH GREBETTE by Robin Procter, on Flickr

And at the other end here is a close-up of a Migrant Dragonfly, later the same day and in shade.

MIGRANT HAWKER TAKING SHELTER by Robin Procter, on Flickr

Click the images to visit Flickr if you are interested in my camera settings or ask me any questions you have.

its a hard one to quantify , yes you should be able to out resolve me on paper .but theres more to a photo than just taking it robin . the differences in P/P methods and software could change the results dramatically . plus you only have to be a smidgeon off with your a/f point to get a totally different result . so though while I would love one of those big white beasts . its totally out of my pension funds reach and even if I had the funds supporting a family on my income rules it out totally ..and in all honesty I have not even picked up the camera for nearly a week .. once the hordes of holiday makers head home I will start up again ..till then its just wishful thinking

its a hard one to quantify , yes you should be able to out resolve me on paper .but theres more to a photo than just taking it robin . the differences in P/P methods and software could change the results dramatically . plus you only have to be a smidgeon off with your a/f point to get a totally different result . so though while I would love one of those big white beasts . its totally out of my pension funds reach and even if I had the funds supporting a family on my income rules it out totally ..and in all honesty I have not even picked up the camera for nearly a week .. once the hordes of holiday makers head home I will start up again ..till then its just wishful thinking
.... I'm not suggesting you should arm yourself with the white Oly beast like a Star Wars Warrior, Jeff - Quite the contrary, you do extremely well with your Oly ED 100-400mm. However, as I have the 100-400mm (since last September) I think it's both valid and interesting to make comparisons even though one is 6x more expensive.

Last edited:
Terrible Robin, send it back :whistle: The dragonfly is most excellent Dude (y)
.... :ROFLMAO: Actually I'm not 100% about the long distance Little Grebe image but every lens has a learning curve and also I don't nail it every time. I am very pleased with the dragonfly shots though and also some Peacock on teasel photos to come.

You’ll be fine once the initial euphoria settles Robin . There only tools to do a job ,I’m sure that with your long term experience you will get the best out of your investment

However, in regard to the 150-400mm lens the proof of the pudding is very much in the eating and if those that I have seen who eventually got their copies, to date AFAIK, it is only Mike who has reported the need for some MFA to be applied. Mike is an experienced Olympus user and reading the USA and Aussie users posts they also seem to be quite experienced.
..... Why? Does a photographer carry out MFA because they feel that the lens AF is either falling short of / overshooting the intended target? I have never ever felt a need to do any MFA on any lenses I have owned from any brand.

When I shoot in AF I don't hesitate to either fine adjust focus with the MF ring or move the AF point on the fly. Something I already love on the new 150-400mm Pro are the manual focus and zoom grips and their movement and ergonomic position - Something I have found occasionally frustrating on the ED 100-400mm and especially because the zoom barrel extends. I much prefer non-extending barrel zoom lenses such as the ED 40-150mm Pro - They are more expensive to design and produce though.

Have you got a link to any of these reports please? Cheers!

Meanwhile, I think that my dragonfly image posted in #23,595 illustrates that my 150-400mm TC Pro doesn't need MFA.

A very quickly grabbed shot as she turned her head - Handheld at 1/250s, F/5.6, ISO 400, @220mm TC not engaged, 2.53m distance. Oh, and I don't bother with the new bird-eye detect feature.

HARRIS HAWK by Robin Procter, on Flickr

Last edited:
You’ll be fine once the initial euphoria settles Robin . There only tools to do a job ,I’m sure that with your long term experience you will get the best out of your investment
.... Yes, an unfamiliar lens/camera always has a learning curve just like an unfamiliar high performance car - You need to explore and push her.

I am in my honeymoon period at the moment, but like my car I have had for 16 years (actually her birthday today!!), I might never fall out of love (unlike with my ex-wife!). It's only an "investment" in terms of selling one day for a sum significant enough to buy replacement good quality gear - Exactly how my £8.5k Canon EF 500mm F/4L II paid for an Olympus M1X plus a couple of Pro lenses when I decided to change.

There is no getting away from the fact that the ED 100-400mm and ED 150-400mm TC Pro cover more or less the same telephoto range and therefore are rivals each with their pros and cons over the other. For me personally, one is like driving a Jaguar and the other like driving an Aston Martin - Both are very good but I already have a strong preference.

Last edited:
Jeez, you don't still have that red MK5 GTI do you Robin. I remember that when I joined the MK5 GTI forum over a decade ago :D

Also, it makes me chuckle when looking at the above eagle photo in Flickr (great shot by the way), that under the Exif details, the EM1X and the 150-400 Pro appear as a Compact camera :D

Last edited:
Jeez, you don't still have that red MK5 GTI do you Robin. I remember that when I joined the MK5 GTI forum over a decade ago :D

Also, it makes me chuckle when looking at the above eagle photo in Flickr (great shot by the way), that under the Exif details, the EM1X and the 150-400 Pro appear as a Compact camera :D
.... Yes and I'm still enjoying every mile, all 141,000 of them. She has never failed a MOT. You already know what they (Jeremy Clarkson) say is that if, after parking your car, she doesn't turn your head and you have an admiring look back at her, then you have bought the wrong car! I still turn my head. Some women have that effect too. Every mile brings a smile.

:ROFLMAO: I hadn't noticed the compact camera icon! Some people don't seem to take Olympus seriously enough but who cares.

short eared owl from a while back treated to the latest p/p methods including topaz sharpen Ai and p/s sky replacement spent the afternoon playing while doing routine back ups
short moment in time by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

That'a a fabulous harris hawk shot @RedRobin.

Good to hear you are enjoying the ergonomics of the lens. Are you missing the manual focussing clutch at all? When I'm shooting birds, I often set it so that I can manually and auto focus at the same time, so I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be an issue... not that I'm about to buy the lens even if it was available, but I can dream :)

If we've had the gestation period and the honeymoon period, I am wondering what comes next? :oops: :$:ROFLMAO:

That'a a fabulous harris hawk shot @RedRobin.

Good to hear you are enjoying the ergonomics of the lens. Are you missing the manual focussing clutch at all? When I'm shooting birds, I often set it so that I can manually and auto focus at the same time, so I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be an issue... not that I'm about to buy the lens even if it was available, but I can dream :)

If we've had the gestation period and the honeymoon period, I am wondering what comes next? :oops: :$:ROFLMAO:
.... Cheers!

I'm not missing the MF clutch because the ED 100-400mm doesn't have one either but I do like it on my other telephoto Pro lenses. However, the AF-MF switch on the lens body is fairly easily operated by my thumb although not as easily as a clutch. Also, my MF ring is set to override AF while AF is still set to On. Furthermore, I think but I need to check, that the 4 L-Fn buttons adjacent to both MF and zoom rings can be set to toggle between MF and AF.

I have only had the lens since Sunday. That's only 4 days and honeymoons are usually at least 2 weeks :LOL:.

I'm shooting everyday from my kitchen window hide and am out on Somerset Levels all day Sunday with a Canon shooter buddy - So I'm treating her to a day out away from the bedroom.

I mounted my MC-14 for the first time today and the fit is absolutely rock solid and it goes CLUNK!! very tightly into place. It also makes the 1.25x lever a little bit easier to locate. I haven't downloaded any images from shooting with the MC-14 yet. I have a MC-20 but would prefer to use that on a tripod.

So with the 1.4x TC the 150-400mm becomes 210-560mm and then by operating the 1.25x lever as well it then offers 260-700mm with F/8 throughout. Multiply by 2 to get the full-frame equivalent. The lens lets in a lot of light and I have yet to clip either side of the histogram.

The tactile zoom ring operates the full range within a quarter turn, in fact slightly less than a whole quarter and very smooothly indeed without feeling either too loose or too tight like my ED 100-400mm.

Regarding the subject of manufacture and supply of these lenses, mine was manufactured in June 2021. So it didn't take that long to reach the UK.

The whole lens is a superb piece of ergonomic industrial design, really well thought through. I think I may have fallen hopelessly in love - She's really fit!! :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
All looking good Robin but I'm not surprised it must be one of the best lenses ever made and i feel sure at times it will get the shot other lenses can't get being able to just flick a switch to get the 1.4 working like the Canon is such a great feature .

Only last night i took my 1.4 tc off and 10 seconds later a Roe deer run and stopped in a corn field i did get the shot but could have done with the 1.4 but too late to put it back on the deer was off again after a few seconds .

Rob.

All looking good Robin but I'm not surprised it must be one of the best lenses ever made and i feel sure at times it will get the shot other lenses can't get being able to just flick a switch to get the 1.4 working like the Canon is such a great feature .

Only last night i took my 1.4 tc off and 10 seconds later a Roe deer run and stopped in a corn field i did get the shot but could have done with the 1.4 but too late to put it back on the deer was off again after a few seconds .

Rob.
.... I think it is 'probably' (Heineken Carlsberg style) one of the best lenses ever made but only currently until the other brands catch up. Olympus have always been great innovators leading new features and technologies. Their Pro range's extreme weathersealing is another example - When are the others ever going to catch up!?

Your circumstances with the Roe Deer are typical with wildlife and exactly when you want/need the option of extra reach to be instantly at your fingertips - Literally with one fingertip with the Oly Star Wars Warrior lens (it is sooo bright white!). Okay it's only 1.25x compared with 1.4x but it can potentially make all the difference.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UghJpQo_dQY

From my kitchen window hide yesterday with my lens mounted on the resident small Jobu Jnr gimbal head on a Platypod on the window sill, I spotted what I thought was a Tortoiseshell Butterfly drinking on my Buddleia, so I flipped on the 1:25x (I already had the 1.4x mounted), zoomed in and it turned out to be a Painted Lady, possibly my favourite butterfly and not that common. The image is looking good on the camera screen but the proof of the pudding will be when I download and process the shots - Its histogram is looking good and so I don't think the pudding will need to be drowned to death in custard.

Last edited:
A 'macro' shot, I prefer to call it a 'close-up', of an Emperor Dragonfly on a supertelephoto lens at 1.6m distance, handheld, F/8 to help the DoF, ISO 400, on the big white Star Wars Warrior lens without TC engaged and on M1X. Overcast sky.

EMPEROR AT REST by Robin Procter, on Flickr

Having got my 150-400mm from Ffordes last Sunday I cancelled my pre-order with WEX today and an hour later just now they have emailed me to say they now have them in stock. WEX 01603 486413 - Good Luck anyone who calls!

Or even Carlsberg :)
.... Ooops! Well I haven't drunk any alcohol for over 20 years and used to much prefer firewaters and never liked any beers or wines anyway and so I don't know a Carlsberg from a Corona (or Heineken). I better edit my earlier post.

.... Cheers!

I'm not missing the MF clutch because the ED 100-400mm doesn't have one either but I do like it on my other telephoto Pro lenses. However, the AF-MF switch on the lens body is fairly easily operated by my thumb although not as easily as a clutch. Also, my MF ring is set to override AF while AF is still set to On. Furthermore, I think but I need to check, that the 4 L-Fn buttons adjacent to both MF and zoom rings can be set to toggle between MF and AF.

I have only had the lens since Sunday. That's only 4 days and honeymoons are usually at least 2 weeks :LOL:.

I'm shooting everyday from my kitchen window hide and am out on Somerset Levels all day Sunday with a Canon shooter buddy - So I'm treating her to a day out away from the bedroom.

I mounted my MC-14 for the first time today and the fit is absolutely rock solid and it goes CLUNK!! very tightly into place. It also makes the 1.25x lever a little bit easier to locate. I haven't downloaded any images from shooting with the MC-14 yet. I have a MC-20 but would prefer to use that on a tripod.

So with the 1.4x TC the 150-400mm becomes 210-560mm and then by operating the 1.25x lever as well it then offers 260-700mm with F/8 throughout. Multiply by 2 to get the full-frame equivalent. The lens lets in a lot of light and I have yet to clip either side of the histogram.

The tactile zoom ring operates the full range within a quarter turn, in fact slightly less than a whole quarter and very smooothly indeed without feeling either too loose or too tight like my ED 100-400mm.

Regarding the subject of manufacture and supply of these lenses, mine was manufactured in June 2021. So it didn't take that long to reach the UK.

The whole lens is a superb piece of ergonomic industrial design, really well thought through. I think I may have fallen hopelessly in love - She's really fit!! :ROFLMAO:.
That's really interesting to hear, thank you... and made me chuckle ... I wasn't quite sure if it was the lens or the Canon buddy you were treating to a day away from the bedroom!
:LOL:

All sounding fantastic. I think I might fall in love too :ROFLMAO:

That's really interesting to hear, thank you... and made me chuckle ... I wasn't quite sure if it was the lens or the Canon buddy you were treating to a day away from the bedroom!
:LOL:

All sounding fantastic. I think I might fall in love too :ROFLMAO:
.... :ROFLMAO: I see how what I wrote is ambiguous! In fact my Canon buddy is a very good friend who is ex Royal Navy and highly trained to the point where anyone would be very foolish indeed to mess with him! We go on a lot of photo missions together including a tour of Scotland a few years ago, so we have shared a bedroom lots of times but never a bed! I digress but once when he was training some young WRENS on Dartmoor a couple of them came back to base camp suffering from extreme cold etc and so he barked at them to strip down to their underwear and jump in a sleeping bag together. When I said to him that he wouldn't find me doing that with him if we got cold up a Scottish mountain he said "Yes you would Robin! Believe me, you would!" and he has a point - It's simply a matter of survival :D. We have a lot of laughs and banter. He bought some of my Canon gear when I moved to Olympus.

Last edited:
First photo session on the stellar Star Wars Warrior with MC-14 mounted in addition to 1.25x TC engaged, @700mm (1400mm equivalent), 6.5m / 21ft. Shot from my kitchen window hide into my wildlife garden.

The hit rate was high with this lens combo and has included some birds (to be posted soon). All tests so far passed with flying colours!

RED ADMIRAL ON BUDDLEIA by Robin Procter, on Flickr

I'm finding it's very easy to be over enthusiastic and madly in love with this lens. It's even better than I expected. In fact so far, I haven't found anything I can criticise.

Last edited:
Brilliant
.... Thanks Mike!

I think it was you who said they didn't get on with this lens and if so, I am curious about in what way please. It didn't measure up to a full-frame system? It didn't meet your standards or needs in some way? You didn't feel comfortable with it physically / ergonomically? You already have the reach covered by your other camera gear? PM me if you prefer.

I know it's very expensive but the cost should be compared with the equivalent lenses from other brands.

Last edited:
Back