Beginner One month in, first findings...

Edit My Images
Yes
Have spent one month now with my D3400 after resurrection of my hobby of 30 years ago (Canon A1 and all that!). These are my findings...

- No restraint on the number of shots. When film cost and development was costly, it meant composition was key so “every shot had to count”. Now very easy to adjust parameters just to see how it impacts results.
- VR works really well. Took some hand shots with the 300mm zoom of the moon and results acceptable, only improving slightly with the tripod.
- Can have hours of fun with LR on the Mac post processing
- The urge to spend on additional kit has not changed “I must fill that empty compartment in my camera bag” !

Peggy

“I must fill that empty compartment in my camera bag” !

Welcome to the club! :D:D:D

We all suffered at one time or another with that NAS syndrome!

Have spent one month now with my D3400 after resurrection of my hobby of 30 years ago (Canon A1 and all that!). These are my findings...

- No restraint on the number of shots. When film cost and development was costly, it meant composition was key so “every shot had to count”. Now very easy to adjust parameters just to see how it impacts results.
- VR works really well. Took some hand shots with the 300mm zoom of the moon and results acceptable, only improving slightly with the tripod.
- The urge to spend on additional kit has not changed “I must fill that empty compartment in my camera bag” !

Peggy

Years ago I had my camera bag stuffed with two bodies, lenses and lens hoods some filters and even a small compact camera. Carting all that about was a pain, I would often reach in, and just grab the compact.

Peggy

Hi Peggy and welcome,

I love when you talk about film costs and yes composition was so key and we at that time,took time. I would suggest that you still do that,yes bracketing is easier and cost effective,but, do not shotgun your shots.

Processing the photographs is just great,getting the most out of what you have taken is of course like being the lab in the old days, enjoy that.

DO NOT SPEND ON ADDITIONAL KIT UNTIL YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED WHAT YOU HAVE. Best tip I can give you.

Sorry one more tip. See here.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/talk-film-conventional.56/

Last edited:
Back