... Other forums? :O

Edit My Images
Yes
So, which other photography forums do you frequent?
Just out of nosiness.

(or any forums...)

If we're talking just photography, then photography-on-the.net which is how I discovered this forum.

As for other stuff cliosport and the Ubuntu forums

Edit: Digitalfailure: Sorry chap! I'll remember for next time...

The very thought ... :eek: ... Never have ... :thinking: ... never will ... :cautious: ... all the while TP survives ... :D ... probably ...
whistle-gt-green2.gif

Long live TP ... :clap:

OH AND this one recently joined ... CaptiveBred ... courtesy StuartH ... (y)

08.gif

None for me other than this one. (As if I don't waste enough time here!!!!).

Have to say though, that since joining this forum, every photography query or advice sought has been answered. Hence no need to look anywhere else!!!!

Anth.

For photography just this one :D

for other stuff.....too many! :p

I am a member of several forums, but over the years have tended to narrow this down and only now post on my select few, as there are far too many forums around to spend my available time on.

Photography:
Only this one for Photography stuff - though I am a member of an Oly forum as well.

Mac Support:

Several, but I find http://forums.macosxhints.com/index.php the most helpful and is where I ask all my support questions.

PC Support:
http://www.techsupportguy.com/ - a very welcoming forum and a plethora of knowledge for anyone with PC issues.

Music and Other:
theMouthPiece:http://www.themouthpiece.com of course - which is my brass musicians community.
Korg Support Forums: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ - KORG synthesiser support forums
Access VirusTI Synthesiser Support forum - www.infekted.org

I am also an administrator and act as an assistant to the owner/admin on a very popular vBulletin Support forum too.

occaisonaly browse other forums but don't post.

Includingthe one that shal remain nameless.

If I have anything worthwhile tosay I shall post in those, but generally got fed up witht he 'spec me an slr sytem for 50p' threads on ocuk and the arrogant cliquey-ness of Dpreview. Although the latter has become better of late, especially since they removed all the beginners questions from the pro-forum so they don;t have anything toget all arsey about now. Losers.

Look at my eyes!
Look at my eyes!
Don't look around the eyes
Look at my eyes!
There are no other forums
snap snap
aaand you're awake :)

There are others?

*cough*

*splutter*

Other....forums?

*cough*

*splutter*

Other....forums?

Allegedly there are others :p

Used to be on OcUK also, but dont post there anymore.

I love this friendly site but I do use POTN too.

Here, mainly....waaaayyyyy too much time here! :LOL:

One other smaller tog forum that i joined recently, mainly at the behest of a friend, one very small motorsport/general forum [sadly my own] and thats it. Used to use several large forums, even being a mod/admin at one of them, but now so fed up of pointless foruming, I just dont bother anymore. Its why I like this place so much, you very much get back out what you put in which is rare in forum world these days.

This is my main forum and the only one I read EVERY day, I do go to POTN and the EOS forums

I only use this forum. Generally spend far too much time here and not doing what I should :D

It's a great site.

I dallied with one other forum but it was brief affair (RobertP caught me out and shamed me!) and anyway it didn't measure up to this one in any way shape or form!

(I think I might have been suffering a mid life crisis at the time :D...!)

I joined up to various photography Forums but this is the only one I use, purley because its the best!

I also use www.zsoc.com I'm the Cheshire rep for the Zetec-S owners club ;)

Thats about it :)

Sometime ago PaulBoy told me about www.AVForums.com, but boy o boy, I am sure the administrators on this forum sit wirh whiplash in front of their screens 24/7. :rules::bat:

You never know what will offend them. :LOL:

TP is like heaven compared to the above.

Many thanks TP...........

Various Honda Type R forums
Northloop.co.uk
This one
Nurburgring.org.uk
ArsTechnica.com

In that order

For photography just here and POTN, for sports RLFANS and NFL UK, and I occasionally read Speedway Forum, Urban75 but am not registered on those.

Michael.

Only when they pop up in Google searches but definitely not enough time to frequent 5-10 other forums.

Registered on dcmag forum but have not posted there for ages.

This for photography as everybody is so helpfull and pleasant and the only other I frequent is 28dayslater.co.uk an urban exploration forum.

These two take up most of my on line time!!

Cheerz(y)

I used to use the Nikonians forum but I'm now finding that place very anal, nitpicking to the nth degree and bickering over minutae in that very American way. :shake: In saying that, it was because of Jewel posting on Nikonians that I found this place.

Also fell out with another forum yesterday (which shall remain nameless at the mo ;) ) after they removed a thread exactly the same as this one, I have yet to respond to their reason for the removal but I am not happy about it.... :bat:

nikonians and apug ,( coz i use canon in digital only ) maybe not !

Other photography forums, I'll admit I do pop along to POTN occasionally, purely to look at the photo sharing sections (They also have a good nuddy forum :p)
That's it for photography.

I used to use the DVD Forums alot, but I dont really have much time of late.

The *main* other forum I post on really is Raising Kids, where I'm a moderator and have been for some time. (Being a stay at home dad, it's my 'other' passion....my kids :D)

A couple of news forums, one or two footy forums, and here bascially. Some of the other photo forums are distinctly unfriendly and way too competitive (small man syndrome etc) and often downright rude.
Here I feel welcome enough, can have a bit of banter and share ideas etc so it's a no brainer really. Keep it up TP!:)

And my dashingly handsome good looks and wit of course. It's OK, I don't mind you saying it, I'm not bashful.

I use this forum only, mainly because of Marcel's dashingly handsome good looks and wit ;)

Back