Critique Owl in a woodland setting

It is very tricky in there, but isn’t it a great day out? Lovely capture.
Thankyou, it is indeed a great day out and very tricky to get shots of the Owls.
PS I now have over 500 shots to work my way through, most will be binned but hoping for a few good ones of each Owl.

Very nice capture overall.

You want some critique so consider the following. The far wing blends with the background a bit more than I'd like. You could perhaps do some selective editing bringing up the light in feather rim and blackening out what is behind.... a bit like the tail which looks great. Maybe you can also have a play with the crop. Square would be OK I think

Very nice capture overall.

You want some critique so consider the following. The far wing blends with the background a bit more than I'd like. You could perhaps do some selective editing bringing up the light in feather rim and blackening out what is behind.... a bit like the tail which looks great. Maybe you can also have a play with the crop. Square would be OK I think
Thanks for taking your time to comment. I only use LR in a very basic mode to make minor adjustments for exposure, highlights and shadows after cropping. So I am not sure how to make the edits you suggest, should I be using PS ?

Back