weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

Black and white for me too

Thanks Allan :)

For once I think I prefer the colour even though the light is flat - the verdant landscape and the signal red add a pop of brightness. The steam and the clouds almost blend together.

Cheers Helen ;)

Week 26 : Looking down

I found this lovely Large Skipper (They're not large at all!) while out chasing Emperor Dragonflies.

3SIS%20inc%20emperor%20220621-7-X2.jpg

Nicely detailed Dave (y)

Agreed. Lovely and detailed with a nice space for the subject to sit in. Fascinating too.

Fabulous detail.. makes you want to reach out and stroke it. Great colour too.

Nice spot Dave, well placed moth, lots of details, looks like good use of flash.

Pete

Nice spot Dave, well placed moth, lots of details, looks like good use of flash.

Pete

Cheers Pete - it's a butterfly but they do look mothish don't they? No flash used. Just that big yellow ball in the sky :)

Week 27 : Indiginous

Nothing says Indiginous Yorkshire Dales to me than a lovely steam train over a Settle-Carlisle viaduct.

Flying Scotsman at Dent Head yesterday afternoon. A very flat day so a bit of selective tonemapping to bring out the stonework and foliage.

Flying%20Scotsman%20Dent%20Head%20110721-8-X2.jpg

Last edited:
That works Dave, very nice :)

Indigenous
I'm not sure if you need that bit of sky. I wonder if it would still work if it was cropped off.
Steam trains a viaducts go hand in hand.

That works Dave, very nice :)

Thanks Chris :)
Indigenous
I'm not sure if you need that bit of sky. I wonder if it would still work if it was cropped off.
Steam trains a viaducts go hand in hand.

Thanks - yes it would definitely work without the sky. However, the peak top right helps the remote "Yorkshire Dales" vibe and I like it :)
That's got a really classic feel to it. Tidy!

Cheers Nick :)

Very calm and serene. Makes me wish I was living back in the olden days :)

Very calm and serene. Makes me wish I was living back in the olden days :)

Thanks Ian - I agree - but without the Typhoid and Smallpox yeah? :)

That makes me very homesick.. haven't been to see my family up north since November 2020. Lovely shot of a beautiful part of the world.

That makes me very homesick.. haven't been to see my family up north since November 2020. Lovely shot of a beautiful part of the world.

Thanks Helen :)

Free Week - Mono for me too. Somehow grittier.
Indigenous - How have you got so much mainline steam? we've got nothing. A very nice "in the landscape" shot.

Ta :)

Steam - Settle-Carlisle is the culprit!

Reactions: LC2
Week 28 : Plant (and Tech)

"Heavy Plant Crossing"

28%20Plant-X2.jpg

Brilliant take on the theme. Imaginative and well thought out.

Good take on the theme and use of the tech.

Nicely done, I saw this and thought "Of course! why didn't I think of that" good use of the tech too.

Nice take on the theme Dave ( now I'm gonna have to re-think)

Subtle HDR too (y)

Nicely done, I saw this and thought "Of course! why didn't I think of that" good use of the tech too.

Thanks Simon :)

Nice take on the theme Dave ( now I'm gonna have to re-think)

Subtle HDR too (y)

Cheers Chris - I use HDR a lot - but usually for it's original purpse and almost always people don't spot it :) This one is OTT for me haha!

Beat me too the Heavy Plant reference.

But yours is very nicely considered and taken.

Love the subtle HDR

Thanks Kell :)

A great big boys toy - nice bit of lateral thinking. Have to say the HDR effect on the sky makes my eyes go a bit wonky o_O

A great big boys toy - nice bit of lateral thinking. Have to say the HDR effect on the sky makes my eyes go a bit wonky o_O
Thanks Helen. I agree - I wouldn't normally push it that far.

Plant
The blue of the sky maybe a bit in your face, but it does set the yellow dump truck of nicely.

Plant
The blue of the sky maybe a bit in your face, but it does set the yellow dump truck of nicely.

Thanks Dominic - yeah - over processed a touch for the theme :)

Back