Panamaz, HDEW, delist Nikon

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Or it looks like it, wonder why, have Nikon put the prices up to these people.

HDEW haven't sold Nikon for quite a while, odd about Panamoz.

Probably Nikon "taking back control"...

Wonder who's next ... Digital Rev, E-Infinity, etc etc?

Could be good news for used values (if you're selling!)

Just noticed this, seems very strange, only a week ago I was emailed about Nikon 70-200, now the site seems empty of Nikon’s

Could ask them? I’m guessing they have had their supplier route pulled for supplying overseas (don’t they also have a shop that sells in Hong Kong too or am I thinking of someone else?). Ive recently noticed more are going the grey route in the UK, it’s probably having a downturn on sales through Nikon Europe. Maybe they have put pressure on Nikon Japan.

Could ask them? I’m guessing they have had their supplier route pulled for supplying overseas (don’t they also have a shop that sells in Hong Kong too or am I thinking of someone else?). Ive recently noticed more are going the grey route in the UK, it’s probably having a downturn on sales through Nikon Europe. Maybe they have put pressure on Nikon Japan.

I have emailed the lady from Panamoz who contacted me a week or so ago, but seems they have zero Nikon’s on their site now.
But I’m guessing your correct about pricing, I just got a 200-500 and bought it from authorised uk store, but the differance after cash back was £100, so happy to buy uk, I’m now looking at the 70-200, 2.4k ish uk or £1600 grey, sorry but that’s a stupid amount of money.

I was in John Lewis in Liverpool yesterday they had only 2 Nikon's for sale and no Lenses for sale, when I asked if that all they have I was told yes??

I think @rob-nikon prob hit the nail on the head, Nikon controlling prices

The whole panamoz.com website has gone at the moment ... Error 404!

I use e-infin and they still sell Nikon, I hope they continue

The whole panamoz.com website has gone at the moment ... Error 404!

Ah... I just gave them over £1300 last night :(

I used PayPal and a credit card so if they have gone under then I can get my money back....

Last edited:
Ah... I just paid them over £1300 last night :(
There could be any number of reasons why the site is showing that error, it's not necessarily anything to worry about. Hopefully it will be up and running again soon. :)

I asked them...

‘Thanks for your email. Sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately at this moment, there is a stock shortage on Nikon products. However we expect they will be back in stock later this week, and we will be selling them again as before.’

All stock? They literally had everything listed one day and then next day all gone?

I asked them...

‘Thanks for your email. Sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately at this moment, there is a stock shortage on Nikon products. However we expect they will be back in stock later this week, and we will be selling them again as before.’

All stock? They literally had everything listed one day and then next day all gone?

These places don’t operate a stock on shelves model, it will be just in time/direct orders so if your supplier says “we’re out” that will mean everything.

I asked them...

I had almost the identical email this morning. Surely if this was true everything would just be out of stock, not removed completely ?

Unfortunately at this moment, there is a stock shortage on Nikon products. However we expect they will be back in stock later this week, and we will be selling them again as before

Last edited:
Panamoz website back up this morning but no Nikon equipment listed.

Last edited:
Panamoz don't delist or remove out of stock items completely from their website. They simply have a "Out of stock" notice on the webpage for that item.

hdew never sold Sony stuff and now they don't sell nikon. That's second two largest camera manufacturers gone!

Panamoz don't delist or remove out of stock items completely from their website. They simply have a "Out of stock" notice on the webpage for that item.

hdew never sold Sony stuff and now they don't sell nikon. That's second two largest camera manufacturers gone!

True that - seen the out of stock before, but to remove everything means its not quite right!

Just guessing but bet there is a dispute so playing a game of who breaks first as I guess they sell some serious amount of Nikon kit so seeing who breaks first. give it a week or two then we will really know

just had another email saying the Nikon lens should be back in stock Thursday, we will see but sounds like a stalling tactic while they sort the issue, I would say there's a discussion going on and they expect the stand-off to go their way, makes sense as you wouldn't want customers going elsewhere.

Had an email saying back in stock and it looks like all Nikon stuff back on site, well the few I searched anyway.

it looks like all Nikon stuff back on site, well the few I searched anyway.
Back with errors it seems ... Z6, adapter and 24-70 the same price as Z6 and 24-70 without adapter.

Back with errors it seems ... Z6, adapter and 24-70 the same price as Z6 and 24-70 without adapter.
I didn’t look at much just the d500 I purchased back at the same price and the 70-200 I was about to purchase, same, back at same price.

I think they just seen it as an opportunity to hike prices.

A D500 £1069 ? I have seen it there for £939
Currency fluctuations ... but then why only Nikon taken down?

Back