Panamoz.com - Wow!

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
Yes
I ordered a camera from Panamoz.com three days ago. Not only did they price match Digital Revs price (£43 difference), it also only took 3 days to get here from HK!!! Unfortunately my wife wasn't home so I have to pick it up tomorrow :(

But once again Panamoz have wowed me with their service. Theres a lot of companies here in the UK that could learn a thing or two from them!

A couple of things come to mind ... take them as you like if at all.

a. When you chance the law don't shout about it unless, for example, you would also shout in a public forum that you are cool for say drink driving.

b. Remember, that your local shop (no s*** you don't have one at 100 mile radius) has to compete with people selling some 20% cheaper (often less than that) chancing that some parcels will get through customs, some will be stopped, overall they will still make their cut. I wish you not to lose your job to globalisation but one day you will lose your job to someone that will do it cheaper than you.

Basically, don't rub it in on other people.

PS. Yes, I am redundant and that is what paid for my digital gear and however much I would have liked a nikon D810 it is not the VAT that would make me or stop me buying one. There again I am passed it and who gives a sh1t. You sound a lot younger than me (and I am not patronising) you figure out what you make of the country you are living in.

A couple of things come to mind ... take them as you like if at all.

a. When you chance the law don't shout about it unless, for example, you would also shout in a public forum that you are cool for say drink driving.

b. Remember, that your local shop (no s*** you don't have one at 100 mile radius) has to compete with people selling some 20% cheaper (often less than that) chancing that some parcels will get through customs, some will be stopped, overall they will still make their cut. I wish you not to lose your job to globalisation but one day you will lose your job to someone that will do it cheaper than you.

Basically, don't rub it in on other people.

PS. Yes, I am redundant and that is what paid for my digital gear and however much I would have liked a nikon D810 it is not the VAT that would make me or stop me buying one. There again I am passed it and who gives a sh1t. You sound a lot younger than me (and I am not patronising) you figure out what you make of the country you are living in.
For reference I'm 38, and I actually AM losing my job due to a company merger in the next few months.

I also have 4 (soon to be 5 ) kids, and a wife currently in full time education so you'll forgive me if I try to save a bit of money here and there.

I am 39 and just took voluntary redundancy to go study photography and I would buy second hand or imports every time before I'd pay the money from British companies. Maybe if our government were as worried as you are about companies losing out here in the UK they'd take steps to decrease vat and let them be more competitive. Then again they can't be arsed to chase multi billion dollar companies for tax so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I am 39 and just took voluntary redundancy to go study photography and I would buy second hand or imports every time before I'd pay the money from British companies. Maybe if our government were as worried as you are about companies losing out here in the UK they'd take steps to decrease vat and let them be more competitive. Then again they can't be arsed to chase multi billion dollar companies for tax so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Whether you chose to buy imports or not until Brexit goes through the minimum rate of VAT of UK VAT could only be 15%. I guess it would have to drop a long way to compete with a 0% charged by the overseas companies [emoji1]

I also have 4 (soon to be 5 ) kids, and a wife currently in full time education so you'll forgive me if I try to save a bit of money here and there.
I don't begrudge you for saving money, But the local shop can't compete ... don't rub it in.
[If the shop could do you a deal with no VAT charged - "if it could" - they get locked up if found out].

I agree that small local stores can't compete but the likes of Amazon, John Lewis, Currys etc have huge buying power but won't compete with foreign suppliers when I believe they could. I have no issue with your opinion Charles I just feel that the savings are better spent on my family and if one of our governments ever get a conscience or grow the balls to claim what's owed to us from people who can afford it then I might revisit my way of thinking.

Theres a lot of companies here in the UK that could learn a thing or two from them!
Such as?
3 day delivery? How about next day delivery?
Price match another UK supplier? Don't think there's anything new there.
Price match a grey import? Seriously?

Such as?
3 day delivery? How about next day delivery?
Price match another UK supplier? Don't think there's anything new there.
Price match a grey import? Seriously?

Three days from HK is pretty damn impressive IMO especially considering it's free delivery, I've paid for delivery from plenty of companies here who take longer to ship from within the UK. Also not everywhere price matches. Where did I say I expected a UK company to price match a grey import?

Panamoz also have exceptional customer service if there is an issue.

Last edited:
Panamoz also have exceptional customer service if there is an issue.[/QUOTE said:
^^^ this betters many UK retailers and grey markets, I speak from experience too !!

Not wanting to nit-pick, but nothing is 'free'. It's always included in the price.
I remember when adverts used to say "P&P included in the price"
Which of course is the honest thing to say.
But nowadays "Free P&P" sounds better as we all want something for nothing ;)

I ordered a camera from Panamoz.com three days ago. Not only did they price match Digital Revs price (£43 difference), it also only took 3 days to get here from HK!!! Unfortunately my wife wasn't home so I have to pick it up tomorrow :(

But once again Panamoz have wowed me with their service. Theres a lot of companies here in the UK that could learn a thing or two from them!

So what sought of warranty does on get from these. Interested as I am thinking about another new camera..

I searched for 6Dmkii on the Panamoz website earlier. 2k for it UK price stings a bit for an entry level full frame camera :runaway: but I undestand why when 20% of it is VAT. I have to say, the Panamoz price of £1500 is very tempting :whistle:. It is currently out of stock of course, still being pre order in the UK.

There seems to be a lot going for Panamoz and I thought it too good to be true so I checked them out on Whois... The domain was registered in 2009 so they've been going for 8 years or so. The UK arm of the company is based in Brighton I believe but couldn't find any reference to it at companies house? Also has anyone had any need to return items under warranty, if so, where to and how did it go. My next spend is on a Olly EM1 mkii and their (Panamoz) saving is excellent.

DOMAIN INFORMATION
Domain:
panamoz.com

Registrar:
PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com

Registration Date:
2009-11-16

Expiration Date:
2018-11-16

Updated Date:
2016-08-11

clientTransferProhibited

Name Servers:
ns1.tmddedicated549.com
ns2.tmddedicated549.com

REGISTRANT CONTACT
Name:
Yi Jeng Wong

Organization:
None

Street:
Room C06, 9/F, How Ming Bldg, 99 How Ming Street

City:
Kwun Tong

State:
Kowloon

Postal Code:

HK

Phone:
+852.35908726

Email:
89b42facb2a6cb7666586b4d82f1df38da28d788.png
@discoverytrd.com

Go for it, there is nothing to be concerned about !

Best after sales service for an Aisian supplier and also beats many UK suppliers !

The UK arm of the company is based in Brighton I believe but couldn't find any reference to it at companies house? Also has anyone had any need to return items under warranty, if so, where to and how did it go.

Brighton is/was a commercial letterbox address not a 'UK arm of the company'.
I had to return a D810 that had a focussing issue with one of my lenses when used with a TC, (Nikon 400 f2.8) ... they arranged collection and return to HK, providing all of the necessary paperwork, which displayed the correct value of the camera.
In about a week the camera had been received in HK, had been tested and had been declared 'no fault found' ... so they refunded the full purchase price of the camera to my bank.

I've purchased from Panamoz quite a few times - service has always been out of this world. Yes, I save money, no, I don't get the UK warranty but the Panamoz warranty is fine. I'd buy from then again without question.

3 days delivery from HK? So flown in, how does it get through customs so quick? Does this mean they keep UK stock or is it sent as a personal gift through the post?

Funny isn't it, you post something with a smile because what happened to you made you happy, then the Tax Trolls come along and it all goes downhill.....

3 days delivery from HK? So flown in, how does it get through customs so quick? Does this mean they keep UK stock or is it sent as a personal gift through the post?

I bought a D750 and lens from Panamoz a few weeks ago, it took 5 days including the weekend ( so 3 working days) to get to me by FedEx,in France. I could track it all the way, it was cleared through customs in Charles De Gaul airport very quickly.
A couple of days later I got the customs clearance forms and registered the camera and lens with Nikon UK.
What's not to like?

Reactions: TG.
Back