Panamoz. Trying to ring them to explain bank transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Maybe a stupid question but I am looking to spend quite a lot of money with them to buy a 5D MK3, 70-200 IS MK2 & 16-35. I am wanting to pay by Bank Transfer to save some money but can't seem to get through to their phone number. I have also used the "Contact Us" form twice but have not received a reply. This, is not filling me with confidence to be honest.
Many thanks & kind regards, Kevin

To be honest I think your crazy still considering it when your already having trouble contacting them, do you think they will be easier or harder IF something goes wrong? And IF something goes wrong by paying by BT you've given away any and all protections you would have by using pretty much any other payment system

I would agree 100% with Matt, you are contemplating sending a large amount of money to an unknown individual on the other side of the planet. If you have already decided that the grey route is where you want to be, at least take all the precautions you can and pay with a method that gives you some comeback in the event of it going wrong.

At least with something like Paypal you have a good chance of getting your money back if/when it goes wrong.

Last edited:
I have read really good things about them on both here & other forums. They come with good warranties & the bank transfer is in the UK.
I would like to hear if possible from anyone here who has dealt with them in this way.

Kind regards, Kevin.

Kevin, ive just this week spent approaching £2,000 with Panamoz and i used the Bank Transfermethod and have done so 7 times over the last few years, what is it you want to know

Panamoz are well trusted, no one, and i mean no one has ever been shafted by them, if you are unsure then pay with paypal or credit card but i repeat there is no evidence anyone has been shafted.

If you are seriously going to buy from them then just fill in the form on this page http://panamoz.com/index.php/bacs

Fill in all the details and send the form, Tina will be in touch within 24 hrs and will send you a PDF with all the information you need, the money is sent to a HBSC account in Salford, Manchester UK so you arent sending ay money abroad, you will be then sent tracking details, your items will be shipped with UPS, my gear was ordered Thursday, i paid yesterday and the tracking shows my package is currently in the UPS depot in Nottingham with expected delivery showing before end of the day on Monday.

Depending on what you order depends if they have it in stock in the UK or Kowloon, regardless of where it is it will be with you within 5 days of you getting the tracking details, My stuff was already in the UK.

Kevin, can i also add the Panamoz offer a no quibble 14 day return policy as well as 2,3,4,5 years UK warranty, ive had cause twice in the past to have warranty work done on some Nikon gear, a new shutter on a D3S and a new AF motor on a lens, both times i sent to a UK address, when it was returned (within10 days) the repairs had been carried out by 2 Nikon Authorised UK dealers, A.J. Johnstones in Scotland did the lens and Lehmanns in Stoke replaced the new shutter, no issues, no problems

This is good to hear. When you receive the invoice do you just instruct the bank to transfer? There doesn't seem to be a link etc in order to say you have completed the transaction.
Or, am I just being thick?

The PDF has the bank details on you need to transfer to, either transfer online or call your bank, once complete just contact Tina with the order number you have already received, tell her the transfer is done and sit back and wait for tracking details.

The PDF has the bank details on you need to transfer to, either transfer online or call your bank, once complete just contact Tina with the order number you have already received, tell her the transfer is done and sit back and wait for tracking details.

Ok, Sounds easy. How do I contact Tina though??

Another VERY satisfied Panamoz customer here.

Bought a Canon 70D + 18-135 STM lens at the same price as I would have paid for body only in the UK. Paid via bank transfer as they offered an extra 5% off with this payment method.

Took 3 days to get here from ordering online

Had to pay £28 UPS charge but that was refunded within an hour of emailing a copy of the invoice.

Few posters on here moaning about taxes not being paid (blah blah blah) but I dont honestly care.

£300 saved, and in MY pocket is all that matters to me. I pay enough tax as it is.

Would definitely buy from them again.

Great communications by Tina, their customer service spokesperson.

RECOMMENDED

Last edited:
she will contact you after you fill in the order on the page i linked to above

Ok, I have filled this out again as I have altered it slightly. When I get the email invoice, their payment details are on there. After I pay by BT how do I notify them that I have paid? This is the confusing part for me.

...And what a fantastic camera it is too.

Does everything a UK one does and although a Grey import, it still looks black in colour to me :LOL:

Ok, I have filled this out again as I have altered it slightly. When I get the email invoice, their payment details are on there. After I pay by BT how do I notify them that I have paid? This is the confusing part for me.
hit the reply on the email you receive

You will probably now get 2 seperate email invoices, make sure you use the order number off the correct one or you will mess up totally

You will probably now get 2 seperate email invoices, make sure you use the order number off the correct one or you will mess up totally
Ok, I have about 5 now............................... as I keep changing my mind :runaway:

Christs sake Kev, youre gonna make a balls up here, might be wise to sit back for a couple of days until all those invoices come through, bin then and start again with what you ACTUALLY want to buy

Bear in mind this isnt instant online shopping, be paitent or be prepared to balls up

Good advice Gary, Thank you. I just get twitchy when it comes to parting with large sums of money. I have deleted all the previous invoices now so I will wait for the new one to arrive so there cannot be any confusion.

Kind regards, Kevin

I've used them, no problems at all. Some emails were answered almost immediately, some the next day.

Thats a nice car, brings back memories of my RS days. RS2000, Mexico, Sport, RS1600i & 3 RS Turbo's.:) Wish I still had the RS2000.

I've used them, no problems at all. Some emails were answered almost immediately, some the next day.

Thats a nice car, brings back memories of my RS days. RS2000, Mexico, Sport, RS1600i & 3 RS Turbo's.:) Wish I still had the RS2000.

Yep, This is my pride & joy. 1974 MK1 RS2000. Always had them sice I was 17. I am now 47!! They are very desirable now :)

Just to add, I used Panamoz this week for the first time. Placed a bank transfer order for a Sony A7. Excellent service! Will use them again

I find that Sometimes panamoz can take a while to reply due to the time difference and weekends

I've bought from them and everything has been smooth

I have spent a fortune with Panamoz, including my 5DMk3, 70-200 f2.8L IS Mk2, 16-35L plus other things and never had a problem. paid each time by BT. The only issue I had was a Sigma wide angle which the packaging arrived damaged. I had a replacement delivered within four days.

I would agree 100% with Matt, you are contemplating sending a large amount of money to an unknown individual on the other side of the planet. If you have already decided that the grey route is where you want to be, at least take all the precautions you can and pay with a method that gives you some comeback in the event of it going wrong.

At least with something like Paypal you have a good chance of getting your money back if/when it goes wrong.
Paypal won't protect you unless you at least fund some of the payment with a credit card so even if you have the full amount in your paypal account make sure at least 1p is funded with a credit card ( not visa debit)

Paypal won't protect you unless you at least fund some of the payment with a credit card so even if you have the full amount in your paypal account make sure at least 1p is funded with a credit card ( not visa debit)

Don't know where you got that idea from...

How it works

To get PayPal Buyer Protection, all you need to do is pay with PayPal.

It's as simple as that. So if you pay for something and it never arrives or doesn't match the seller's description - for example if you receive the wrong item or it gets damaged in the post - then we'll give you your money back, as long as the eligibility requirements are met.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/buyer-protection

I got that idea from bitter experience if you get scammed and don't use a card to fund all or part of your payment there is every possibility that you will lose you money even if you file a claim and win paypal will only refund you if they can recover the money from the seller.

If the seller have no funds in their account you get nothing despite winning the paypal claim :)

Whereas if you pay at least 1p with a credit card the credit card company is jointly liable for the entire amount under section 75 of the consumer credit act

So if you file a claim and paypal cannot recover your money you can file a chargeback with your card company for the entire amount

Unless of course paypal have changed their terms ? I got scammed won my claim and still got nothing back a couple of years ago

Not sure that section 75 applies to either a third party payment (paypal) or to purchase outside the UK.

....but I could be wrong...

The best way to communicate with Panamoz is through email. They also do honor their warranty as I had experience recently claiming on one. Would use them again.

Regards Gerard.

Not sure that section 75 applies to either a third party payment (paypal) or to purchase outside the UK.

....but I could be wrong...

As I understand it, now things might have change as its a few years since I worked with credit cards, but this is basically it in a nutshell there are two issues here that would prevent a section 75 claim

I got that idea from bitter experience if you get scammed and don't use a card to fund all or part of your payment there is every possibility that you will lose you money even if you file a claim and win paypal will only refund you if they can recover the money from the seller.

If the seller have no funds in their account you get nothing despite winning the paypal claim :)

I presume you are basing your assertion on a personal experience from many years ago? Paypal and eBay buyer protection haven't relied on them reclaiming the original payment for many (at least 4 or 5) years.

Few posters on here moaning about taxes not being paid (blah blah blah) but I dont honestly care.

£300 saved, and in MY pocket is all that matters to me. I pay enough tax as it is.

To be fair though if people didn't keep boasting about avoiding Import Duty & VAT and the resultant savings then parhaps the "moaners" wouldn't respond. ;)

Don't forget Chinese New Year may cause delays on shipping from HK unless they get is out asap!

Don't forget Chinese New Year may cause delays on shipping from HK unless they get is out asap!

Yes, they did mention that in their email. Fingers crossed that it is posted before. I placed my order & paid as soon as the email arrived.

I have just sent them a BACS order request, i remember from last time they can take a while to reply. Yet again there a few hundred cheaper.

Chinese New Year isn't till Friday So hopefully will be a speedy delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back