Panamoz. Trying to ring them to explain bank transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair though if people didn't keep boasting about avoiding Import Duty & VAT and the resultant savings then parhaps the "moaners" wouldn't respond. ;)

Who is boasting? I see posts about people proud of their new camera etc. But that is different to the boasting that you refer to. :)

Who is boasting? I see posts about people proud of their new camera etc. But that is different to the boasting that you refer to. :)

There's a "boast" post quoted in pmcgsmurf's post that you have just quoted...

Hardly a boast Dave. :) more like a guy that is happy with some new kit and just try to help the OP in response to the issue raised about the seller? At least that's how I read it. :)

Hardly a boast Dave. :) more like a guy that is happy with some new kit and just try to help the OP in response to the issue raised about the seller? At least that's how I read it. :)

Perhaps so Kev, but knowing that a lot of people disagree with the blatant criminality of smuggling/tax evasion why couldn't he have been happy to show off and boast about the kit, and avoid the boasting of the tax evaded?

This part wasn't needed:

Few posters on here moaning about taxes not being paid (blah blah blah) but I dont honestly care.

£300 saved, and in MY pocket is all that matters to me. I pay enough tax as it is.

I did yes, they refunded me straight away though.

I've had my invoice and done my bank transfer, just waiting for there confirmation then my tracking number, hope i made it before the new year kicks off.

Anybody who doesn't want to save a fair bit know or two want their heads looking at
Perhaps so Kev, but knowing that a lot of people disagree with the blatant criminality of smuggling/tax evasion why couldn't he have been happy to show off and boast about the kit, and avoid the boasting of the tax evaded?

This part wasn't needed:

Then don't read it. Simple.
Tell you what.. You live with your morals and I'll go live with the hard earned £300 that I've saved by buying from Panamoz.... I'll still sleep at night.

Buying from Panamoz is not illegal or a criminal activity... OK? So get off your head out of your butt, Mr Perfect

Last edited:
Dave, go away, this thread has absolutly noting to do with import duties etc, etc, youre boring presence isnt required, surely theres a Moth you can pull the wings off somewhere.

While you must be getting paid for your enthusiastic promotion of Panamoz, I suggest perhaps you are the one to go away and stop the troll type attacking posts with your personal insults.

The discussion was going along in quite a civilised manner until you jumped in and started crayoning on the thread like a belligerent 13 year old.

Guys can we please remain civil ?
Dave I think we all know where you stand on this issue,
can we all just move along now?
thanks (y)

Buying from Panamoz is not illegal or a criminal activity... OK? So get off your head out of your butt, Mr Perfect

No, buying from Panamoz is completely legal, and Panamoz have done nothing wrong.

You, however, have committed the crimes by importing an item upon which you have allowed a false customs declaration and wilfully evaded import tax and duty.

Guys can we please remain civil ?
Dave I think we all know where you stand on this issue,
can we all just move along now?
thanks (y)

So, once again, the discussion and promotion of tax evasion is approved of on TP, and the disagreement thereof is banned?

Perhaps you should consider asking that the promoters would discuss the camera equipment and not the tax evasion?

While you must be getting paid for your enthusiastic promotion of Panamoz, I suggest perhaps you are the one to go away and stop the troll type attacking posts with your personal insults.

The discussion was going along in quite a civilised manner until you jumped in and started crayoning on the thread like a belligerent 13 year old.

No.

You never seem to be happy until threads like this are closed.

YOU really need to grow up Dave

No, buying from Panamoz is completely legal, and Panamoz have done nothing wrong.

You, however, have committed the crimes by importing an item upon which you have allowed a false customs declaration and wilfully evaded import tax and duty.

Words can't express my feelings on that one, Dave.

..But my fingers can.

Last edited:
Dave, You yourself have admitted that they are doing nothing wrong (Panamoz)
If people wish to buy from them that's personal choice.
If its an illegal activity, I'm sure the long arm of the law will catch up with the so called criminals sooner or later.

You do seem to be running a one man crusade against them
(and indeed any grey import suppliers)
have they wronged you in this or a past life perhaps?

Dave, You yourself have admitted that they are doing nothing wrong (Panamoz)
If people wish to buy from them that's personal choice.
If its an illegal activity, I'm sure the long arm of the law will catch up with the so called criminals sooner or later.

You do seem to be running a one man crusade against them
(and indeed any grey import suppliers)
have they wronged you in this or a past life perhaps?

I think it's a little disingenuous to comment that it's a "one man crusade", there are many users of TP who disapprove of certain "people" who wilfully break the law and then use TP as a platform to promote their actions and act like they have done the right thing, while all the other smugglers and promoters soothe their consciences by congratulating each other by how clever they've all been.

And then hypocritically some will then go into another thread and post how terrible it is Starbucks or Vodafone are for avoiding their taxes...

I've always said, I have nothing against the grey importers, they fill a market niche that can be used if done properly, it's the buyers boasting and promotion of using them illegally that gets annoying for many people with better morals who prefer not to break the law, and then for those "smugglers" to publicly proclaim how proud they are that they have broken the law.

Last edited:
Dave, youre an absolute clown and youre going to get yet another informative thread locked because of your bleedin childish rants.

You are right, of course Dave and perhaps I should apologise, for that comment.
But TBH you are always at the fore front of any "anti" comments as soon as a pro comment is posted.
Agreed there are a couple of others, that also agree with you.

I really don't see that its up to TP to tell people where to buy things from.
Of course you are right, there are some "large names" that are avoiding paying UK tax.
And I guess they are just leading by example.
One way of looking at it, of course, is, what's good for the Goose etc.

Dave, youre an absolute clown and youre going to get yet another informative thread locked because of your bleedin childish rants.

You are quite simply the major party to childish rants, until your little outburst above the conversation was quite civilised.

You really hate to see any criticism of the tax evading usage of grey retailers, you really do come over as having some sort of financial interest in the continuation of the promotion. Strange attitude isn't it?

You are right, of course Dave and perhaps I should apologise, for that comment.
But TBH you are always at the fore front of any "anti" comments as soon as a pro comment is posted.
Agreed there are a couple of others, that also agree with you.

I really don't see that its up to TP to tell people where to buy things from.
Of course you are right, there are some "large names" that are avoiding paying UK tax.
And I guess they are just leading by example.
One way of looking at it, of course, is, what's good for the Goose etc.

Go back to page 1, post 3, I purposefully avoided any such comment, and even here, until Gary Coyle got abusive had only asked a question in relation to someone having claimed Panamoz had paid the required duty/tax and was genuinely interested in whether they had changed their model to try and comply with UK law.

It was only after the trolling rant post by Gary Coyle that the whole thread went to hell.

Also, please don't fall for the usual "but other big companies avoid tax" justification that gets bandied about by the tax evasion posters, in law there is a big difference between avoiding tax and evading tax.

Cobra said:
]I really don't see that its up to TP to tell people where to buy things from.

Just to comment on that, TP is actually violating it's Google Adsense agreement by allowing the discussion or promotion of any illegal activity (and importing items without a truthful customs declaration and then failing to declare and pay the required tax and duty are both definitely criminal offences), so it should be up to TP to discourage that type of discussion.

Sites with Google ads may not include or link to:
  • Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/48182

Last edited:
Pathetic.

You are an embarrassment to this forum, Dave.

Last edited:
Of course ive got some sort of financial interest Dave, everytime i buy from them i save money but youre actually intimating they provide me with financial gain to promote them, now you really are being silly

While the thread may well have been civilised you have no reason whatsoever to drag this and every other grey market seller thread off topic and i refer you to your own post #44 where you blatantly derailed the whole discussion by bringing your old and quite frankly boring rant of criminality, smuggling and tax evasion into the thread

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It was only after the trolling rant post by Gary Coyle that the whole thread went to hell.

Again, i refer you to your own post #44, the thread was fine until you reared up with your same old garbage thats when this thread went tits up Dave.

Go back to page 1, post 3,
And I note that you are giving the OP useful advice on "how too" so you are not against buying grey imports?
And the implications that you have stated, that follow?

Moving on, well unfortunately I'm not an accountant, and no not of the finer points in law of evading and avoidance.
Neither am I particularly interested TBH.
At grass roots level, both appear to be an act of not paying taxes.
if ones legal and ones not, then there is something seriously wrong with the system.

People of all levels will find away of beating the system, for their own ends.
It human nature.

And I note that you are giving the OP useful advice on "how too" so you are not against buying grey imports?

Moving on, well unfortunately I'm not an accountant, and no not of the finer points in law of evading and avoidance.
Neither am I particularly interested TBH.
At grass roots level, both appear to be an act of not paying taxes.
if ones legal and ones not, then there is something seriously wrong with the system.

People of all levels will find away of beating the system, for their own ends.
It human nature.
So whats to be done about the constant derailing of these threads

So whats to be done about the constant derailing of these threads
Its better to steer them back on track than to lock them,
which will eventually happen once the insults start flying.
So in the interests of a healthy debate, I ask you all again, to quit with the insults.
Thanks

None at all, I've always said that if a person understands the problems of grey importing and want to do it, that's their decision, but once they have imported it, they should either comply with the legal requirements and declare and pay the genuine duty (or like any other criminal slink away and hide in the shadows, not declare to the whole world how clever they are that they broke the law).

Pathetic.

You are an embarrassment to this forum, Dave.

And you, unfortunately, with your lack of morals, are being an embarrassment to all law abiding people.

Some people just don't want to learn or realise where their responsibilities are, but tomorrow will probably bitch about the state of the NHS, or the roads, or the latest cutbacks, doesn't matter that the tax to fund that is being evaded.

I'm out of this thread.

Last edited:
Its better to steer them back on track than to lock them,
which will eventually happen once the insults start flying.
So in the interests of a healthy debate, I ask you all again, to quit with the insults.
Thanks
Well that lasted all of 2 minutes

None at all, I've always said that if a person understands the problems of grey importing and want to do it, that's their decision, but once they have imported it, they should either comply with the legal requirements and declare and pay the genuine duty (or like any other criminal slink away and hide in the shadows, not declare to the whole world how clever they are that they broke the law).

And you, unfortunately, with your lack of morals, are being an embarrassment to all law abiding people.

Some people just don't want to learn or realise where their responsibilities are, but tomorrow will probably bitch about the state of the NHS, or the roads, or the latest cutbacks, doesn't matter that the tax to fund that is being evaded.

I'm out of this thread.

Ha ha ha... If you say so.

Move on...till next time.

These threads are great, it is like being 8 years old and back in the playground............:)

Maybe a stupid question but I am looking to spend quite a lot of money with them to buy a 5D MK3, 70-200 IS MK2 & 16-35. I am wanting to pay by Bank Transfer to save some money but can't seem to get through to their phone number. I have also used the "Contact Us" form twice but have not received a reply. This, is not filling me with confidence to be honest.
Many thanks & kind regards, Kevin

I'd follow the advice given by Gary in post 5 if I was you. The rest of the thread I'd speed read

Oh dear, What have I started.............:punch:

As far as I am aware, Panamoz have stated that all duties will be paid by THEM. That is good enough for me I think. :) As a buyer, I am using their service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back