Panamoz. Trying to ring them to explain bank transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, What have I started.............:punch:

As far as I am aware, Panamoz have stated that all duties will be paid by THEM. That is good enough for me I think. :) As a buyer, I am using their service.

Unfortunately, Panamoz will probably ship it under the guise of something much cheaper, which is where the problem is.

You know as well as I do that Customs are allowed to open packages if they suspect any kind of fraud, and I'm sure that penalties are severe after any warnings to comply.

If that's the case, why are Panamoz still operating on a daily basis, trading with UK customers?

They can't all slip through the net

For all you know, taxes owed to the UK may be being paid afterall.

That's the trouble. People assume without any concrete facts.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Panamoz will probably ship it under the guise of something much cheaper, which is where the problem is.

And that's the buyers problem, no-one elses.

You know as well as I do that Customs are allowed to open packages if they suspect any kind of fraud, and I'm sure that penalties are severe after any warnings to comply.

If that's the case, why are Panamoz still operating on a daily basis, trading with UK customers?

They can't all slip through the net

For all you know, taxes owed to the UK may be being paid afterall.

That's the trouble. People assume without any concrete facts.

As has already been said, Panamoz are doing nothing wrong and are not liable to pay the duty or tax, that's why they are still operating.

The person legally responsible is the importer (the buyer, to make it more plain). The buyer is even the responsible person for what is written on the customs declaration.

Last edited:
dave
can you you give it a rest and change the record its getting boring

And that's the buyers problem, no-one elses.
So, according to you, I am in the wrong for purchasing? They state that they pay all duties owed. How am I supposed to know what value they declare? To me, it should be the full amount. If not, how am I responsible?????

As has already been said, Panamoz are doing nothing wrong and are not liable to pay the duty or tax, that's why they are still operating.

The person legally responsible is the importer (the buyer, to make it more plain). The buyer is even the responsible person for what is written on the customs declaration.
Can I just say......thanks for ruining my day!

So, according to you, I am in the wrong for purchasing? They state that they pay all duties owed. How am I supposed to know what value they declare? To me, it should be the full amount. If not, how am I responsible?????

Absolutely not, I'm saying it's none of anyone elses business but yours (or mine whan I buy from Panamoz) what is on the declaration. Don't let them spoil your day.

There is of course a glaring issue with this post.

The word PROBABLY is speculative to say the least? :D

Got my payment confirmation email first thing this morning so hopefully they ship it today.

I presume its the same Dave that ruined the other threads. Guys do like i have done and add him to your ignore list you wont even see his posts then.

I have never used Panamoz but bitter experience with Paypal ensures I would trust my money with them rather than use Paypal.

This whole thread was going along nicely until someone did make mention of the amount being saved by evading the import duty/vat and this being of no concern to them as they "pay enough tax" anyway.

The thread may have trundled along quite nicely wihtout this boast.

When people do boast like this they should be prepared for someone to reply and it was myself that made the first comment.

It's not just Dave, there are plenty other people here and operators of legitimate UK companies that don't like to see people openly make such boasts.

When/if they do they should at least be prepared to take the replies on the chin without lowering themselves to personal insults.

I was looking at panamoz just yesterday and was worried about if the stuff would turn up at all and if they would help with warranties. This has put my mind at ease. Thanks.
Question: would we be able to declare any equipment bought through here in my tax return? e.g. If i supply a receipt from panamoz would this be allowed to eb included as tax deductable?
Thanks in advance.

You are not in the wrong for purchasing from them, if a little naive. They "should"declare the full value but it is common for goods to be misdescribed as "toy parts" or similar with a nominal value. You are responsible because you are the importer.

Can I just say......thanks for ruining my day!

You poor delicate little thing that you can't be told the truth however unpalatable it may be.

I was looking at panamoz just yesterday and was worried about if the stuff would turn up at all and if they would help with warranties. This has put my mind at ease. Thanks.
Question: would we be able to declare any equipment bought through here in my tax return? e.g. If i supply a receipt from panamoz would this be allowed to eb included as tax deductable?
Thanks in advance.

Just so long as you understand that the warranty is with Panamoz itself and that they are not UK based.

I think that so long as you are willing for HMRC to ask questions about the purchase you can put it in your tax return but you cannot claim VAT back as you haven't paid it. (unless of course it is picked up on import)

Just so long as you understand that the warranty is with Panamoz itself and that they are not UK based.

I think that so long as you are willing for HMRC to ask questions about the purchase you can put it in your tax return but you cannot claim VAT back as you haven't paid it. (unless of course it is picked up on import)

Suppose If i can get some sort of receipt with a uk registered panamoz address I could include it, then if HMRC want to anally probe me ill take the hit lol

You poor delicate little thing that you can't be told the truth however unpalatable it may be.

Oh, Cheers for that you patronising little sh1t.

I asked a question regarding this company & asked for help regarding their ordering process. NOT to be bombarded with self righteous moralistic drivel by idiotic morons!

Thank you to all the people who have helped.

An

You poor delicate little thing that you can't be told the truth however unpalatable it may be.[/quote]
And what's your problem. Guy comes here to ask for advise and gets remarks like this. Makes me realise why I hate this forum tbh.

Got my tracking number now and it shows an expected delivery date of Wednesday, so that would be 48 hours from ordering, that's not bad at all.

They are incredibly fast for deliveries, even more reason to use them :)

They are incredibly fast for deliveries, even more reason to use them :)
My first tracking info said it had been dispatched from London and was tracked through a couple of UPS depots, it arrived without any sort of customs paperwork or anything attached so can only assume it came from within the UK, the box even has the (EP) code on it showing its EU stock intended for the European market

What's with all the childish crap I've just had to read through?
You're supposed to be adults and discuss things in an amicable matter about the topic in hand...just like you would in person.

There's a difference between whether a subject is relevant for a discussion, and whether it's wanted.
If I had come to this thread yesterday instead of Cobra, I would have reacted by issuing a couple of suspensions, purely to drive home the point.

Just like if I was in the pub buying a beer, if someone came up to me and told me I should be spending it on my kids or a utility bill...they'd probably be right.
Wouldn't stop me telling them where to go, for jumping in where their thoughts aren't wanted.

However, if they wanted to discuss my pint I'd offer them a friendly chat.

Remember, opinions are like arse holes. Everyone's got one, but not everyone wants to see yours. There's a time and a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back