PANAMOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've got the 5D3 (body only) at £2802. That's over £400 more than I paid for a 5D3 + 24-105 a few months back...

I emailed Tina, here is the reply...........

Dear Mal,

Thanks for your email. We're reviewing our prices currently. We understand
it's important to be competitive.

Regards,
Tina
Customer Support
Panamoz.com

> Hi Tina, everyone is wanting to know what is going on with the pricing at
> Panamoz lately ?.
>
> Regards,
>
> <Mal.

Dear Mal,

Regards,
Tina
Customer Support
Panamoz.com

> Panamoz lately ?.
>
> Regards,
>
> <Mal.

That makes me feel so much better.

Dear Mal,

Regards,
Tina
Customer Support
Panamoz.com

> Panamoz lately ?.
>
> Regards,
>
> <Mal.

That makes me feel so much better.

Sarcastically... right?

I think so ;), but then I only posted the the explanation that was given to me, I am still as much in the dark as anyone.

All seems very odd to me, certainly won't be ordering from them until it all settles down again! Shame

i won't be ordering from them again ever. And i've had 3 successful orders with them

Why?? If they resume business as usual with their prices lowering whats the problem, you have had 3 good experiences with them.

I would certainly use them again if they get there pricing sorted out.

If they cease trading, what happens to warranty and/or equipment failures?

You know the answer to that ;)
Nope.That is why I asked the question.

But somebody else has given an answer.

Will any of the manufacturers honour any warranty if Panamoz does go belly up?

Reason I ask is that I may be after a 300 F2.8 in the near future and, whilst having bought from HK in the past, I am reluctant to spend such a large amount with HK suppliers.

Last edited:
Will any of the manufacturers honour any warranty if Panamoz does go belly up?

No, you will have no local warranty and would need to get the lens back to the HK warranty holder at your own expense.

Some UK companies might be prepared to repair the item locally if you pay for the repair, some won't at all (for example, Sigma wont carry out any work on a grey lens unless you can prove you have paid any import VAT required in the EU country through which it was imported).

Sigma say:
Sigma lenses do come with a 1 year international warranty, however, the warranty is only honoured if VAT and duty have been paid on importation into the UK, otherwise it is an illegal import.
http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/support/faq/lens.htm

Last edited:
Unless things have changed recently Canon lenses have an international warranty.

Unless things have changed recently Canon lenses have an international warranty.

I thought lens where covered anywhere and its only camera bodies that are not.

It might not be that clear cut anymore.

From the Warranty page at canon.co.uk

This warranty is offered to Consumers who have purchased their Canon products within the United Kingdom. It is in addition to, and does not affect your rights under, the Canon European Warranty System or your statutory rights.

The European warranty says

EWS service free of charge may be obtained only against presentation of this warranty card together with the original invoice/cash ticket issued to the customer by the retailer, and if the warranty card states (a) the purchaser's name, (b) the retailer's name and address, (c) the model name and serial number, if any, of the purchased product and (d) the date of purchase of the product. Canon reserves the right to refuse warranty service if this information is not complete or has been removed or changed after the original purchase of the product by the consumer from the retailer.

Do Hong Kong sourced lenses have a Canon Europe Warranty Service card included?

I would suggest any warranty repairs on HK stock has been goodwill or by mistake if done since the above terms were published.

i bought a nikon j1 from hk last week the body is hk based warranty the lens has separate worldwide warranty card so i believe lens purchase are fine :)

Ok, so it's kinda old news now that Panamoz has gone crazy with their prices, but any idea why they have the 5D3 advertised at £2802...but then still suggest on the notes that they are still offering it for £1825 with BACS? Is the lower price still valid? I thought the BACS discount was only 5%! :thinking: :wacky:

They will have it out of stock I think... Go to HDEW

Ok, so it's kinda old news now that Panamoz has gone crazy with their prices, but any idea why they have the 5D3 advertised at £2802...but then still suggest on the notes that they are still offering it for £1825 with BACS? Is the lower price still valid? I thought the BACS discount was only 5%! :thinking: :wacky:

If they have financial problems, don't even think of using any kind of direct payment.....

Yep I know HDEW are probably a better bet. Not looking to buy this minute, but I was prompted to look as a friend said it was still £1825 on their website, which I didn't initially believe due to all the crazy price hikes. Sad that they haven't sorted it out. Can't see them getting as many orders in anymore.

If they have financial problems, don't even think of using any kind of direct payment.....

To be very fair, they sent me my refund very quickly (although I can't recommend using them any more - just because of the prices).

I wouldn't be surprised if they've inflated the prices to stop orders and trying to lay low for a while to avoid import charges. Then when things calm down start up again. For them it'd make more sense than trying to start a new company or shutting down the site as both those would lose them rep and older customer feedback.

That is the only explanation I can think of.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've inflated the prices to stop orders and trying to lay low for a while to avoid import charges. Then when things calm down start up again. For them it'd make more sense than trying to start a new company or shutting down the site as both those would lose them rep and older customer feedback.

That is the only explanation I can think of.

Probably the most plausible explanation I've read!

I have sent countless CONTACT US emails and never got 1 reply back so looks like the company has gone down the pan.

Shame as there prices was untouchable when the going was good and use to be my first protocol when looking for prices.

I've got a feeling that Panamoz have relaunched as http://www.revo-digital.com, the prices appear to be the cheapest on the web and they've removed the pay by BT option (possibly due to action by HMRC?).

The domain ownership is hidden, so can't confirm who runs it or where they are based. T&C's also seem opaque and dont give any details on registered office.

There stock doesn't appear the same they appear to have no Olympus M43 lenses yet Panamoz have quite a few at there more pricey charges though..
Not that im not saying that it isn't them renamed and new front on, but i just thought id mentioned the difference in some products there selling :D

Last edited:
The price of the iPad 32Gb Wifi is the same as panamoz before the price hike

I've contacted them, I'll report back if they reply

its been over a day and no reply, sounds like revo-digital is the same as Panamoz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back