PANAMOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
£38 for the mk3 warranty is correct, I paid the same(y)

Yep, I just received the same info from Tina. Interesting that she said they don't usually offer a 1 year repl. warranty on the 5DIII and that it's a "special offer". Still, I'm hoping I won't need to use it anyway...

Did you pay for the replacement warranty, if so, how much was it?

They were not even listed on their site at the time I purchased mine beginning of July, I had contacted Tina to ask if and when they would be stocking them as I was sure they would beat anyone on price and was given an offer I could not refuse of £1995 all in but that did not include a replacement warranty and was not offered one at the time.

I got my tracking code yesterday but the ups website says ups label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility the tracking status inc delivery date will be updated........ Is this normal.... When can I expect to see them tracking it. :)

I got my tracking code yesterday but the ups website says ups label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility the tracking status inc delivery date will be updated........ Is this normal.... When can I expect to see them tracking it. :)

Same here, but tracking was updated around an hour ago to show it had left Hong Kong.

Yes it's normal. It means UPS still have to pick it up from Panamoz and get it to their parcel centre. Once there, the UPS tracking will update and give you an estimated delivery date...

Ok guys quick question - I'm looking a getting a 70-200 F4 IS which with discount is actually cheaper than most second hand models - now tbh it seems like a no brainer to buy new especially since I will get offered one year warranty but would the been any significant differences to say buying from Jessops?

Reading through this thread they seem well recommended - even with warranty claims....

Ok guys quick question - I'm looking a getting a 70-200 F4 IS which with discount is actually cheaper than most second hand models - now tbh it seems like a no brainer to buy new especially since I will get offered one year warranty but would the been any significant differences to say buying from Jessops?

Reading through this thread they seem well recommended - even with warranty claims....

The only issue you might have is if Panamoz go bust or just disappear from the face of the planet. Remember, your warranty is with them, not Canon UK.

Then again, Jessops is probably equally likely to go bust...:shrug:...but at least you'll have a Canon UK warranty, so can deal direct with them.

Just do it and save yourself some cash :)

The only issue you might have is if Panamoz go bust or just disappear from the face of the planet. Remember, your warranty is with them, not Canon UK.

Then again, Jessops is probably equally likely to go bust...:shrug:...but at least you'll have a Canon UK warranty, so can deal direct with them.

It will still be under a Canon international warranty if Panamoz go bust, that is with a lens but not a body.

Last edited:
It will still be under a Canon international warranty if Panamoz go bust, that is with a lens but not a body.

Yes, of course, forgot to distinguish between bodies and lenses :bang:

Another positive review for Panamoz here. I ordered a Nikon 50mm 1.8G on Saturday, paid by bank transfer, received my DHL tracking info on Monday, and it arrived this morning, extremely well packaged in acres of bubble wrap. Extremely good lens, for anyone considering one. Big thumbs up from me...

I've been seeing rumours that Canon have stopped doing the international warranties on lenses. HERE, for example, but I've seen the same info elsewhere. I hope it's not true, but I suspect it is - the warranty info on the Canon UK website only refers to products purchased in the UK.

Ok will take a read - also I guess they are grey importers as they import from Hong Kong? I'm not too familiar with the term but how does differ to say popping down to Jessops?

Ok will take a read - also I guess they are grey importers as they import from Hong Kong? I'm not too familiar with the term but how does differ to say popping down to Jessops?

Yes, Panamoz are in HK, but have a mail forwarding address in London for returns.

#1 You can't just "pop down" to Hong Kong for starters :D

#2 Grey imports are usually much cheaper than buying in the UK, but familiarise yourself with the numerous threads discussing VAT, import duties etc. Some HK sellers say they "pay" or "cover" this, but you need to be aware and check it out first.

#3 Warranty will usually be with the HK seller, meaning the likes of Canon, Nikon et al, won't touch it in this country unless you pay them to, so you'll have to send it back to HK or wherever. Some outfits have a local "UK" address to return items to, but it's something else you need to check carefully, before making a decision to buy "grey".

Think that about sums it up. Just spend a bit of time reading the other threads in this section ;)

Last edited:
Nicely summed up.

I just treat the £649 I saved on a 5DMkIII from Panamoz (compared with the current lowest price on CameraPriceBuster) as payment for my own 'warranty'. If the camera and lens need a repair in the period that they would have been covered by a UK purchase then the cost comes out of the £649. If a repair isn't needed then I've got the money in the bank.

I wasn't aware of this (both the international warranty being done to death and country specific specifications). If the latter is true, then its fair do not to expect international warranty.

There were motions in the US a few years ago to abolish national warranties due to the very point I made earlier. But it looks like it never gained traction.

Besides its not Canon Japan (they're all Canon Japan in the end) who'd end up repairing a lens, but Canon uk.

For what it's worth, when last I inquired of Canon UK about warranty on bodies purchased abroad back in NOv 2010, they said that they would allow items to be serviced under warranty if in date and even if they were purchased abroad. I think Canon are fairly open-minded about these things as indeed are Omega Watches when I needed service on a grey market Aqua Terra. Companies like these would stand by their product and IMHO prefer to keep a customer satisfied.

My motto thus is - If you don't ask, you don't get. ;)

Last edited:
Another happy customer here, ordered my Tokina 11-16 on Sunday and got it Thursday, brand new and cheaper than used Tokina 11-16s go for in the classifieds on here. :)

Am wanting to place my order tomorrow (Canon EOS 600D with 2 kit lenses) and had an email from Tina with an invoice attached (so I can pay by BACS and get my 5% discount). The thing is, on the website, with the camera & lenses I am buying, the speedlight 430EX-II is £176. If you buy it on it's own it's £196.

I tallied up the costs when I sent an email requesting an invoice and put the flash as £176 (as per the website). She replied saying it was £196 (which she put on the invoice). She also stated that post & packaging was normally £9.99 but she will waive that.

I've replied with a link to their website but haven't had a reply yet. Also if I call the support number I just get an automated response asking to leave a message - frustrating...

I hope she get's this sorted for me, I know it's only £20 but every little helps.

[edit] Just got a reply stating:

"Dear Justin,

Oh yes, sorry, you're right. Please find an updated invoice here. Final
amount is 687.80."

One happy bunny now lol

Last edited:
Been looking at the Tamron 24-70 but its not it stock. Please get it in?

Am wanting to place my order tomorrow (Canon EOS 600D with 2 kit lenses) and had an email from Tina with an invoice attached (so I can pay by BACS and get my 5% discount). The thing is, on the website, with the camera & lenses I am buying, the speedlight 430EX-II is £176. If you buy it on it's own it's £196.

I tallied up the costs when I sent an email requesting an invoice and put the flash as £176 (as per the website). She replied saying it was £196 (which she put on the invoice). She also stated that post & packaging was normally £9.99 but she will waive that.

I've replied with a link to their website but haven't had a reply yet. Also if I call the support number I just get an automated response asking to leave a message - frustrating...

I hope she get's this sorted for me, I know it's only £20 but every little helps.

[edit] Just got a reply stating:

"Dear Justin,

Oh yes, sorry, you're right. Please find an updated invoice here. Final
amount is 687.80."

One happy bunny now lol

These kind of things are my only niggle with Panamoz. Their website is always out-of-date and the only way to get current stock details and current prices is by emailing them direct.

According to other posts I've read, they never answer the phone, but it's not something I've had to test yet, they normally answer the emails within a few hours which is fine by me.

I'm still a happy customer of course :D

These kind of things are my only niggle with Panamoz. Their website is always out-of-date and the only way to get current stock details and current prices is by emailing them direct.

Well it was actually me who corrected the price, the website was correct (discount on 430EX-II when buying with the camera).

According to other posts I've read, they never answer the phone, but it's not something I've had to test yet, they normally answer the emails within a few hours which is fine by me.

Tina is pretty good with responses, although the last one took 24 hours lol.

I'm still a happy customer of course :D

Me too, especially in a weeks time when I get my new toys :)

Finally done it, payday has arrived and order now placed & paid for - roll on next week :D

Like you I paid for it on a friday and received it on wednesday, That is what I call a quick delivery , and a excellent service, Personally I am well pleased and will be using them again.

I would also like to add my endorsement to Panamoz. Ordered a 5D Mk III kit (inc 24-105 F4L) Friday morning. Made Bank transfer late Friday afternoon, order shipped Monday by UPS and received Wednesday at noon, in perfect condition. A free screen protector was also thrown in. A first class service from start to finish.

I got my Sigma . Ordered on Wednesday and received on Mondat. Took about 36 hours for UPS to show the package had left hong kong

Anyone order multiple items and delivered by separate couriers and in separate parcels

Ie 3 parcels between two couriers ?

I had 2 parcels from the same carrier, UPS, but I know they use FedEx as well.

If your order contains multiple items which won't fit into a single, camera sized box, you will find it gets split into two or more packages. This is because, once it goes over a certain size/weight, it becomes more obvious to the authorities that it my contain something other than 'sample toy parts';)

Great service.
Ordered a 70-300L on Tuesday afternoon. On the front of my camera by Friday afternoon!!
Very impressed.

Paul

Minor gripe...no instruction manual with Speedlite

Thank you Panamoz.

Last edited:
What is the process of paying by bank transfer?

Email Tina at support @ panamoz . com to obtain a quote.
If you want to proceed, email again and say so and they'll send you a pro-forma invoice with all the details you need to make the bank transfer.
After the BT, just email them again to let them know and they'll confirm receipt of payment and shortly afterwards you'll receive carrier tracking details.

Simples...

domino1999 said:
Email Tina at support @ panamoz . com to obtain a quote.
If you want to proceed, email again and say so and they'll send you a pro-forma invoice with all the details you need to make the bank transfer.
After the BT, just email them again to let them know and they'll confirm receipt of payment and shortly afterwards you'll receive carrier tracking details.

Simples...

+1 that's the process I followed as well. I also mentioned TP at the quote stage and got a further small discount.

I've ordered a D600 kit and two lenses in the last 4 weeks, 3 separate orders, all have arrived in under 3 working days from ordering to delivery. Very happy with their service indeed.

Another happy customer here, I ordered a Canon 600D with 2 lenses (18-55 & 55-250), a speedlight 430EX-II and a 16GB 95MB/s SD card.

Requested invoice on Thursday 18th Oct, Tina emailed it same day (although she had the speedlight £20 more than advertised with a bundle with camera). I pointed it out and she re-sent correct invoice, again, same day.

Paid by Bank Transfer on Friday 19th Oct (got 5% off for this, also got 1 year replacement warranty for free and no P&P - normally £9.99). I emailed saying I'd paid and got email Saturday morning around 7am (does this girl ever sleep? lol) saying they had received payment. Also received tracking details.

Was sent in 2 packages - the camera with UPS, the speedlight and memory card with DHL.

Camera arrived Tuesday, Speedlight and card arrived yesterday, so 4 days for camera and 5 days for speedlight (including weekends).

Can't recommend them enough - very good service - all good :)

Also used to buy D7000 and 50mm Sigma.

Fast delivery and of course great price.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back