PANAMOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be surprised if it says "Sample Imaging device (no battery)" with a low value on the shipping paperwork and box label.

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that. Does that make me morally bankrupt, like Starbucks or Jimmy Carr? (actually, they never broke the law, so this is worse)

Without wishing to cover old ground (I've found and read 'the' thread on this very topic) surely they will be pulled up on this soon enough? I've ordered shed loads of non photographic stuff from the US and Far East in the past and I've always been appropriately charged for it, to the point where I mentally factor it in before ordering.

Just bought a D600 from Panamoz, quite impressed, emailed about bank transfer in morning and received invoice with the discount about 2pm. Sent money following monday about 11pm, got confirmation few hours later, camera dispatched following day and arrived fri morning. DHL tracking provided which is great.

Saved £290 on UK price. Took out replacement warranty for £18.

Would recomend and will use again.

Told Panamoz about the faulty UV Filter, they amailed back and said they would Fedex a new one out to me straight away... great service, I'm very pleased with that response/

Told Panamoz about the faulty UV Filter, they amailed back and said they would Fedex a new one out to me straight away... great service, I'm very pleased with that response/

That is the kind of response their reputation has been built on, you would have the same customer satisfaction if it had been the camera or lens that had been faulty.

Ive just made my first purchase from Panamoz. After all that commotion about DR recently, and all the good stuff ive read about Panamoz i though i'd give them a try. The fact that they are also about £50+ cheaper on the Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC was a bonus i couldn't refuse.

Apparently their UK office (or is it just a PO Box) is down the same road i work in :)

Apparently their UK office (or is it just a PO Box) is down the same road i work in :)

You should go and have a look and tell us all about it. I think someone in one of the other threads mentioned having to return something and took it there, only to be met by a large, somewhat manly, "Tina" :D

Dave, you won't go far wrong by ordering from Panamoz, great company!

Actually now im not so sure they are in Hatton Garden.
I read a post somewhere (probably in here) and someone posted a link to a company that was connected with them, or was the same company. This is in Hatton Garden but the contact phone number on their website is not for that area.

Im not worried, just confused. I have read about the "Tina" incident, very strange post.

Im always nervous about buying a lens by post. Ive had about 50/50 luck over the years with new lenses. I normally buy from Amazon as they have a great returns policy but the saving from Panamoz is just too temping. Plus i now have a camera with MAF so i feel a bit more confident. Unfortunately im one of those pixel peepers when i first get a new lens but once ive taken a few test shots ill settle down.

Actually now im not so sure they are in Hatton Garden.
I read a post somewhere (probably in here) and someone posted a link to a company that was connected with them, or was the same company. This is in Hatton Garden but the contact phone number on their website is not for that area.

Im not worried, just confused. I have read about the "Tina" incident, very strange post.

Im always nervous about buying a lens by post. Ive had about 50/50 luck over the years with new lenses. I normally buy from Amazon as they have a great returns policy but the saving from Panamoz is just too temping. Plus i now have a camera with MAF so i feel a bit more confident. Unfortunately im one of those pixel peepers when i first get a new lens but once ive taken a few test shots ill settle down.

They have built up a good enough after sales reputation that should alleviate any fears you may have about returning a lens you are not convinced is 100% perfect.

However, If you have lens success rate of only 50/50 I suspect you are looking too hard and seeing faults that are not even there, I'm sure lots would agree that your findings are not typical of the quality of lenses sold today.

Chances are there must be someone on here that works for HM Revenue & Customs, lets hope they never have a bad day :D

On a serious note, what would happen if HMRC could find out who all these people are avoiding import tax,would they be liable for the tax or Panamoz, or is everyone just playing it by ear?

Not being judgmental, just curious.

They have built up a good enough after sales reputation that should alleviate any fears you may have about returning a lens you are not convinced is 100% perfect.

However, If you have lens success rate of only 50/50 I suspect you are looking too hard and seeing faults that are not even there, I'm sure lots would agree that your findings are not typical of the quality of lenses sold today.

First of I really don't think you should comment that I'm seeing something that isn't there. That's not based on any fact and hardly fair to expect me to spend so much money on something that doesn't work as it should.

It might not be typical but a few months ago I had two 17-55 IS f/2.8 lenses here from Amazon and both were de centred. This could be seen without having to zoom in. My very first version of that lens (2007) was also soft down one side.

I've had two 15-85 lenses that both had lens creep, the first much worse than the second. The second was also quite obviously sharper.
I've had 3 copies of the sigma 30 f/1.4 over the years. Each one had focusing issues. None needed pixel peeping to see this.
I had a 24-105 lens that would drain my battery very fast. No other lens did this on the camera, and I had owned that model lens before so I knew it wasn't normal.

Other than that I've been very happy with my lenses lol.

I am buying with confidence, it's just the time scale if anything does go wrong. I'm sure it won't though.

Cheers.

On a serious note, what would happen if HMRC could find out who all these people are avoiding import tax,would they be liable for the tax or Panamoz, or is everyone just playing it by ear?

I wished I had never said that now and just played it by ear:D

First of I really don't think you should comment that I'm seeing something that isn't there. That's not based on any fact and hardly fair to expect me to spend so much money on something that doesn't work as it should.

It might not be typical but a few months ago I had two 17-55 IS f/2.8 lenses here from Amazon and both were de centred. This could be seen without having to zoom in. My very first version of that lens (2007) was also soft down one side.

I've had two 15-85 lenses that both had lens creep, the first much worse than the second. The second was also quite obviously sharper.
I've had 3 copies of the sigma 30 f/1.4 over the years. Each one had focusing issues. None needed pixel peeping to see this.
I had a 24-105 lens that would drain my battery very fast. No other lens did this on the camera, and I had owned that model lens before so I knew it wasn't normal.

Dave, don't forget this is a discussion forum, I posted a comment and I based my comment on the fact that you admitted to being a pixel peeper, and now you admit none of the faults required pixel peeping :shrug:.

Dave, don't forget this is a discussion forum, I posted a comment and I based my comment on the fact that you admitted to being a pixel peeper, and now you admit none of the faults required pixel peeping :shrug:.

Ok, I didn't take offence but thought I should make it clear there were issues there and I wasn't being fussy.
If I'm spending a lot of money on something that performs under par then it goes back. I'm not too fussy but I do expect things to be up to par, and if I have to look at images at 100% to make sure they are then I don't see the problem.

Because I'm probably lazy I do tend to crop most of my shots, so it's not unreasonable to be looking at my shots zoomed in on screen so the equipment needs to produce the quality I expect.
As you can see from my last post, they were obvious issues and no real peeping was needed.

Hopefully all with be good with the Tamron. Really looking forward to it. (y)

Ok, I didn't take offence but thought I should make it clear there were issues there and I wasn't being fussy.
If I'm spending a lot of money on something that performs under par then it goes back. I'm not too fussy but I do expect things to be up to par, and if I have to look at images at 100% to make sure they are then I don't see the problem.

Because I'm probably lazy I do tend to crop most of my shots, so it's not unreasonable to be looking at my shots zoomed in on screen so the equipment needs to produce the quality I expect.
As you can see from my last post, they were obvious issues and no real peeping was needed.

Hopefully all with be good with the Tamron. Really looking forward to it. (y)

Dave, I am right with you on not accepting anything that is under par, if I buy anything that is not described as a second I expect it to be perfect and that included a brand new Honda CRV that had paint defects, the dealership wanted to rectify it by respraying it!! it took 6 weeks before they caved in and ordered me a replacement.

I'm sure you will have no problems with Panamoz :)

Jeez!! Canon 5D MK3 is now £1765 delivered, it just goes to show how prices can drop! I started this thread back in August shortly after buying the MK3 for £1995 delivered, a price that some thought was a long way off at the time.

fracster said:

The importer (ie the person buying) would be in trouble. It is the customer's duty to report anything that may have been missed or under paid.

hi guys - what are the chances that if i ordered from panamoz tonight / morning (with the discount bacs thing) that i would get my order by friday?

Hi Rowan
I paid for my 5d late on Thursday night and got a confirmation email on Friday afternoon, it’s on route left Dubai at 6 this evening with expected delivery by UPS tomorrow.

From the cashback terms and conditions:

1.1 This promotion is only available on purchases made on any of the
products listed in any colour (the “Promotional Products”) within the United
Kingdom (“UK”) & Republic of Ireland (“ROI”) from a UK or ROI retailer
between Thursday 18th October 2012 and Thursday 24th January 2013
inclusive (the “Promotional Period”). Promotional Products can be sold as a
camera body only or part of a lens kit or bundle

hi guys, i'm seriously thinking about getting a 24-70ii from 'the moz' in the new year, but i'm concerned about getting a dud one. Am i able to return the product if i get one that is unacceptably soft etc?

rampanthamster said:
hi guys, i'm seriously thinking about getting a 24-70ii from 'the moz' in the new year, but i'm concerned about getting a dud one. Am i able to return the product if i get one that is unacceptably soft etc?

If your unhappy with your purchase you can contact Tina from Panamoz and she'll help.
From reviews I've read their after sales service is just as good as pre-sales service.
At the moment their offering like a replacement service free, so if your item gets a fault within a year they replace it with new, which is better than most high street retailers.

As above, they offer a 12 month replacement service. I'm a bit sceptical about how easy it is to get a new lens out of them if you have a small niggle type of problem. In my experience with retailers you sometimes have to really push it to get things changed over. Sometimes they may think its a trivial issue, or they might not be able to see it. This isn't directed at Panamoz as such, but I'd be interested in how easy it is to gt a swap as they say to send the lens back, they test it out and decide if a new one is needed.

I also found out recently that although they have a 14 day returns period if the lens has been mounted, even once, they won't take it back as they say there will be micro scratches on the mount and they can't re sell it. That won't of course effect the replacement warranty but you won't be able to test it out and decide if you want it like you can with buying over here.

dave_bass5 said:
As above, they offer a 12 month replacement service. I'm a bit sceptical about how easy it is to get a new lens out of them if you have a small niggle type of problem. In my experience with retailers you sometimes have to really push it to get things changed over. Sometimes they may think its a trivial issue, or they might not be able to see it. This isn't directed at Panamoz as such, but I'd be interested in how easy it is to gt a swap as they say to send the lens back, they test it out and decide if a new one is needed.

I also found out recently that although they have a 14 day returns period if the lens has been mounted, even once, they won't take it back as they say there will be micro scratches on the mount and they can't re sell it. That won't of course effect the replacement warranty but you won't be able to test it out and decide if you want it like you can with buying over here.

And from what I've read, you have to return it to a UK address which makes things easier!

I'm interested in the Canon mount 50mm 1.4 Sigma lens, but wary of the focus issue. If I have any problems with the lens, can it be returned with ease for exchange?

jpwild said:
I'm interested in the Canon mount 50mm 1.4 Sigma lens, but wary of the focus issue. If I have any problems with the lens, can it be returned with ease for exchange?

Yes, if the product developed a fault you can post to a UK address and if you have additional cover (like an instant product replacement) they will send a new lens to you.
They provide top class customer service.
If your unsure email Tina at Panamoz who will happily help.

Yes, if the product developed a fault you can post to a UK address and if you have additional cover (like an instant product replacement) they will send a new lens to you.

Thank you

Ok but, what if it comes with front or back focus? I am looking for sigma 70-200 2.8.

I'm currently considering making my first purchse from Panamoz, having read such glowing reports on this thread. I first need to decide if it is to be a Canon 100-400 L, or a 300 F4L + x1.4TC, but that is another matter......

Anyhoo..... my question is not a purely Panamoz issue, but considering equipment purchased from HK, which I gather this is. Are these therefore termed as 'grey imports' and would it be likely that issues may arise with selling on these items as used in the future? By issues, I mean peoples apparent prejudice toward such imports, as opposed to UK supplied items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back