Panasonic ditches the m4/3 in 2019

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I didnt know that, Chelsea says it in this vid @ 9.00

I havent watched these idiots for a long time

Sometimes there's still no alternative to MFT for me. When I want a compact, quiet and fast camera and lens what else is there that can match the overall package MFT brings? A FF or even APS-C camera and lens will be bigger and heavier and crucially more intrusive.

This is the kit that makes MFT so hard to leave behind for me.

Panasonic GX80 and GX9.
The tiny Panasonic 14-42mm kit lens and 45-150mm, Oly 9-18mm, 17, 25 and 45mm f1.8's. I'd use that kit in situations when I wouldn't want to use my Sony A7 plus the MFT kit works at lightening speed.

I suppose the Sony A6xxx series bodies are comparable in size but the lenses make the package bigger. I do have a Panasonic TZ100 1" sensor camera which is also useful when I want small and unobtrusive kit but the image quality can't match MFT.

If you read the comments, many are saying that they are assuming Panasonic have given up on m43 just because they brought out a full frame camera. They don't know that they have.

I know of two people who were put off buying an Olympus because of their other video. I know it probably won't have had a massive impact, but I do think it will have affected their sales.

I love my Oly kit, so will be holding on to it. I feel very sad that such an innovative company are struggling.

I have seen no other mention of Panasonic quitting m4/3, it could be just them starting on Pannosonic now it looks like Olympus could be gone.

Sometimes there's still no alternative to MFT for me. When I want a compact, quiet and fast camera and lens what else is there that can match the overall package MFT brings? A FF or even APS-C camera and lens will be bigger and heavier and crucially more intrusive.
Yeah but that's only in terms of size, and praps 'reach' of lenses. . A larger format cam will generally have several advantages, such as Iow light capability, better AF, etc. There isn't a single M43/MFT cam on the market that suits my needs like my Nikon Z6 does. But everyone has unique needs.

The Northrups are just irritating and annoying. I gave up trying to watch their vids, quite soon after I discovered them. 'Nikon is dead cos Canon make the best cams!' It's stuff like that that means I can't take them seriously. I put them away with the likes of Ken Wheeler, into the 'annoying attention seekers' category.

MFT is most probs dead though. ;)

This is the kit that makes MFT so hard to leave behind for me.
I use a very similar basic kit: GH2 with 45-150, GX7 with 12-32 and E-PL5 with 9-18. Small, light, efficient.

M43 cameras GX7 GH2 E-PL5 taken with TZ70 P1030671.JPG

Having the Northrups claim Panasonic is quitting M4/3 is more reassuring than just hearing Panasonic say they're not.

I think Panasonic have more reason to know, but I don't fully trust such announcements, while 3rd parties claiming someones quitting are nearly always fibs. :)

Yeah but that's only in terms of size, and praps 'reach' of lenses. . A larger format cam will generally have several advantages, such as Iow light capability, better AF, etc. There isn't a single M43/MFT cam on the market that suits my needs like my Nikon Z6 does. But everyone has unique needs.

The Northrups are just irritating and annoying. I gave up trying to watch their vids, quite soon after I discovered them. 'Nikon is dead cos Canon make the best cams!' It's stuff like that that means I can't take them seriously. I put them away with the likes of Ken Wheeler, into the 'annoying attention seekers' category.

MFT is most probs dead though. ;)
You're right, it's always a compromise. I have both full frame Canon (5D4 and R) and Oly m43 cameras.

The AF on the EM1ii and iii is phenomenal. The R is a long way behind in terms of AF. There is the limitation of noise on m43, but I do use my Oly set up for gig photography as I can go down to the f/1.2 lenses and if necessary run it through Topaz Denoise which is brilliant.

Ah, the good ol' Northcorrupts, making people panic for no good reason, nay saying everything and anything they don't buy into, shills for clicks etc ... w******s IMO. Never understood how their channel got so big, you learn absoloutely zero from them - but them click bait vids clearly work out

Err...haven't Panasonic just this last week launched the Lumix G100 - Micro Four thirds interchangeable system camera ? How can that be if they quit M4/3 last year already ?

Err...haven't Panasonic just this last week launched the Lumix G100 - Micro Four thirds interchangeable system camera ? How can that be if they quit M4/3 last year already ?

I think it is just that pratt starting to stick the knife in Panasonic

Back