Beginner Panasonic DMC TZ6 - Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally opened it, and managed to put the Lens on till it clicked, without dropping it. I have a friend who's a camera expert, I'll get her to have a look at how to work it when I attend my course on Thursday.

I finally opened it, and managed to put the Lens on till it clicked, without dropping it. I have a friend who's a camera expert, I'll get her to have a look at how to work it when I attend my course on Thursday.
Well done! Well, I'd suggest you could start yourself. Just make sure the mode dial is on the green AUTO mode, and you literally cant' go too far wrong! If I had a new camera, I couldn't wait 3 days!

Same, nothing to be scared of get taking some photos. Experiment with settings.

Well done! Well, I'd suggest you could start yourself. Just make sure the mode dial is on the green AUTO mode, and you literally cant' go too far wrong! If I had a new camera, I couldn't wait 3 days!
I would but I don't have any SD cards up here till I go back to the Flat, I have a 16 and a 32 Gig.

I wonder what'll happen if you put a high capacity one in?

Will it format to 2gb or just not work?

I bought an Olympus 75-300mm lens from them for a very good price.
They offer a good warranty (2 yrs IIRC) which is miles better than most camera retailers. Returns are also generous from memory.
For popular stuff they grade A, B and C etc.
My lens was just listed with no grade so I was braced to return it if it wasn't good enough.
When it turned up it was clean and tidy, fully boxed with caps at a price I was happy to pay.
I've never seen anything I want to buy in the local store but online is worth a browse.
Some prices are keen, some are terrible and the descriptions can be inaccurate or incomplete so pay attention.
Thanks for the info

I wonder what'll happen if you put a high capacity one in?

Will it format to 2gb or just not work?
Won't work although the form factor is the same there are other internal differences. Though I think I read that if you forget a 4GB a certain way it can work.

Won't work although the form factor is the same there are other internal differences. Though I think I read that if you forget a 4GB a certain way it can work.

Correct, it won't work.

I owned a Pentax DSLR that had a firmware update to let it take 4gb instead of 2gb, but not heard of a format workaround

He's ordered card so hopefully that's another problem solved.

Correct, it won't work.

I owned a Pentax DSLR that had a firmware update to let it take 4gb instead of 2gb, but not heard of a format workaround
You have to partition it to 2GB then format it to FAT16.
Handy if you have some SDHC cards you want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back