"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

First pics from my G2, need to practice my focusing :D
P1010765a.jpg

P1010780a.jpg

P1010793a.jpg

Top 2 pics G2 + Jupiter 11A
Bottom pic G2 + Tair 300mm

Last edited:
Hi oldboy2000, hope you're enjoying your move up North!

I went to school in Invergordon many moons ago. I'm originally from Alness, back in the days when it was a sleepy litle village. Changed days now.

Been living in Edinburgh for the last 30 odd years but head North as often as I can. My GF1 has been up to the top of Fyrish quite a few times!

Best move I've ever made, love it up here, not quite a sleepy place these days, never mind the pace of life is slower. I actually live in Tain

Lived in Edinburgh at the end of the war, Craighall Road , then we went went down south and I finished my schooling down there.

Last edited:
Tain - good choice. My mother's side of the family are from Fearn.

Have you been out to the lighthouse at Tarbat Ness? Nice coast around there and Portmahomack.

Hope the locals are looking after you.

Tain - good choice. My mother's side of the family are from Fearn.

Have you been out to the lighthouse at Tarbat Ness? Nice coast around there and Portmahomack.

Hope the locals are looking after you.

Sister and nephew live in Balintore, Portmahomack is just great have a good friend of my sister lives there, lovely little harbour.

Tarbet Ness , not yet, can only go to places where a lot of walking is not needed, the worst of getting old!

Last edited:
G3 + 100-300mm + Stormjacket Camera Cover. I love the weather here in the UK!

P1040411a-L.jpg

Does anyone use any kind of weather protection on their camera? I've struggled to find anything small enough to comfortably protect Micro 4/3 gear and still be easy to use. The Stormjacket is from my DSLR days and whilst it is amazing in the worst weather you can throw at it, it isn't really designed for kit that small.

Got my Panasonic G3 today , Im loving it :love:. It certainly packs a punch for a small camera . So much better for me than dragging all that heavy dslr kit about . Im only using the kit lens at the min but the quality is brilliant ,im really pleased . I did have a 40D and a 7D but they just got too heavy for me , tried a few other compacts which i just thought were ok for snaps as they didnt make me want to go out and about like this one does .
Best thing was i got if from Amazon for £440.00 with free next day delivery but ive just gone to link it and its been put up to £469.00 ? perhaps they made a mistake in my favour :D:D

Amazon prices change dynamically, partly based on demand. This is the irony of when people who are well intentioned post on forums that there is a great bargain on Amazon (a lens, a camera, etc) - once a few people have read the post and clicked on "buy" the price goes up because of the forum post and the response of people who read it! Truly a sweet irony huh?!

Got my Panasonic G3 today , Im loving it :love:. It certainly packs a punch for a small camera . So much better for me than dragging all that heavy dslr kit about . Im only using the kit lens at the min but the quality is brilliant ,im really pleased . I did have a 40D and a 7D but they just got too heavy for me , tried a few other compacts which i just thought were ok for snaps as they didnt make me want to go out and about like this one does .
Best thing was i got if from Amazon for £440.00 with free next day delivery but ive just gone to link it and its been put up to £469.00 ? perhaps they made a mistake in my favour :D:D

Don't forget that Panasonic are doing £50 cash back and free LR3 on the G3 at the moment!

Has anyone got the Olympus 45mm yet? Seems a decent price, and I love my primes. Would I be a fool to flog my 20mm to fund one? I really miss uber snappy af speed.

Has anyone got the Olympus 45mm yet? Seems a decent price, and I love my primes. Would I be a fool to flog my 20mm to fund one? I really miss uber snappy af speed.

I contacted warehouse express, they are doing a pre-order but couldn't say when they would be in. Gutted as I'm starting C&G level 2 on Monday and wanted to be up and running with a proper portrait lens.

I contacted warehouse express, they are doing a pre-order but couldn't say when they would be in. Gutted as I'm starting C&G level 2 on Monday and wanted to be up and running with a proper portrait lens.

I pre-ordered mine from WE in July, not heard anything yet.

The US Olympus Store had stock but it sold out within a day or so, and DigitalRev show it as in stock but quite a few people have had trouble finding out if they actually have them as their orders have been processing for a while.

I have just bought the Leica 25mm f1.4 DG Summilux and all i can say is WOW!!!! It's even WOW at f1.4!!!!

I hope you enjoy it.... :D but f1.4? I haven't used that narrow an aperture for quite some time :LOL:

Only joking... enjoy!;)

I hope you enjoy it.... :D but f1.4? I haven't used that narrow an aperture for quite some time :LOL:

Only joking... enjoy!;)

You're just showing of now, just cos you can go 0.95!!:p:LOL: At least i have AF :D

Great shots Mike.

Great exposure on the cat - well done.

Interesting comment as I'm seriously considering changing my GF1 for a GF3, I realise that's almost heresy for many people but I tend to grab quick shots with the GF1 and the size is a constant issue as it barely fits in a pocket. It's difficult to tell how much smaller it actually is but it seems fairly cheap already.

I got to play around with a GF3 for the first time today, and it is amazing how small it is to be honest. I had a 14mm pancake lens on it, I think it can even fit my jean pockets... The controls are a bit awkward at first but I think it should be alright once you get used to it. I really wished it had a dial for ss or aperture adjustment like GF1 or 2...

a couple of the focusing system at work, first time i've used it so forgive horizons, distractions and crap,
P1000061.jpg

P1000072.jpg

overall i was quite impressed. missed focus a couple of times on things i really shouldnt have, but it was fun and im looking forward to using it again

I got to play around with a GF3 for the first time today, and it is amazing how small it is to be honest. I had a 14mm pancake lens on it, I think it can even fit my jean pockets... The controls are a bit awkward at first but I think it should be alright once you get used to it. I really wished it had a dial for ss or aperture adjustment like GF1 or 2...

Thanks for your thoughts, I had a play with one and went ahead with it as it's quite a size reduction over the GF1. It does have a dial for the aperture and shutter speed which is round the menu button, you spin it for aperture/shutter speed the same as the GF1 and GF2 then click it for the menu functions. So far I'm finding the interface and buttons not to be an issue, the iA button is handy as that's the main reason I used the mode dial when I wanted to quickly change to fully automatic when I wanting to grab a quick shot and didn't have time to change my custom settings.

The only issues so far are the obvious ones, the sensor feels old in such a svelte new body and the images seem very soft in jpeg although I perhaps need to do some work on my settings. The lack of flash compensation is an annoyance as the flash is very harsh on automatic and I can't dial it down a bit as with the other G series cameras.

I need to find a new case as the modified Rezo 50 which has served the GF1 well is obviously too big for the GF3, I've found plenty of slick little leather cases on ebay but they're for the GF3 and 14mm so I suspect they're going to be slightly too large with the 20mm or upcoming 14-42mm X fitted. Any suggestions welcome.

oldboy2000 - I thought that scene looked very familiar and I see it is the one I thought it was on the way to the Falls of Shin.

John

Yes John , on the road from Tain turn left at the AA Box ( a very nasty tight hair pin turn!)

Called Struie Hill overlooking Dornoch Firth.

Yeah, I like taking that route on a good day as there's great views looking across the Firth although the road would feel more at home as a rally stage I suspect.

John

Yeah, I like taking that route on a good day as there's great views looking across the Firth although the road would feel more at home as a rally stage I suspect.

John

This is the hair pin ! and the AA Box for help (y)....Shame its a Dummy one !

[/URL

There are new updates for Panasonic lens on their support site. I've just updated my 14-42 and my 14mm Pancake to the latest firmware update.

Is it a stupid question to ask what changes there could possibly be in a firmware update for a lens:thinking:

oldboy - you need to resize that picture before posting here

Galaxy66 - the lenses have their own firmware which governs how they behave and can be updated, the current round of lens updates are to improve the aperture iris and AF during video.

John

oldboy - you need to resize that picture before posting here

Galaxy66 - the lenses have their own firmware which governs how they behave and can be updated, the current round of lens updates are to improve the aperture iris and AF during video.

John

Thanks John, it had me wondering as I have never had to update any of the many Canon lenses that have been through my hands.

Back