"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

Bugger.. i was wrong.. i must have paid £30... sorry.

back is separate.. for if you want it all open. you jsut pop it off if you want the full case on.
strap is on camera.

I can recommend the following case for the GF1 + 20mm. The lower half improves grip and the top half can easily and quickly be opened/moved out of the way without having to remove its protection altogether before taking a picture.

Furthermore, it comes with a separate cover you can use when you've attached a different lens - it will protect the entire back while you're carrying it.

I've been using it for about four months now and have never regretted its purchase.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170485086110

No the real leather ones are about £80 ish. It is mock leather but it really looks pretty good.
i will see if i can look back through my ebay transactions and find it for you.

Edit: here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170475997846

Bugger.. i was wrong.. i must have paid £30... sorry.

back is separate.. for if you want it all open. you jsut pop it off if you want the full case on.
strap is on camera.

Thank you everyone. I've just found this link on ebay which looks like the same case for £18.99 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180515451607 - has anyone ever bought from this seller?

Well I am no longer a member of the GF1 club - not through my choice.

Went out mountain biking in the Lakes yesterday - found it a bit of struggle and was really tired - got home to discover I no longer have my camera. Must have fallen out of my bag or the car at some point.

I don't know if anyone remembers from earlier in the thread, but I have ME and have been suffering from depression - buying the GF1 and getting into photography was a really big help to me and got me through the worst time in my life. And now it's gone. Gutted doesn't come close - I'm such a ****ing idiot.

I am inheriting some money soon so could afford to get another camera but I clearly can't trust myself to look after one - time to call it a day I think. Nice chatting to you all.

No, no, no....

Graham you took a photo at a concert you went to in the summer which caught my eye and started me on the whole process of looking at 4/3's cameras so you aren't allowed not to have one!

It's a bugger you losing your camera but we all have days like that, and as you say you have the means to replace it soon enough. In the meantime can you claim on your house insurance? Any other means of funding another?

Your photo's are fantastic, I for one would really miss your contributions if you didn't replace your camera!

Graham, in the nicest possible way you can take this, don't be such a pillock!!

I've known folks with ME, never suffered it myself but I do know depression. It's all crap and I wish I had seen something positive for every time I see bad stuff happen to good people.

Bailing out on taking pics is not going to make you feel any better. You've learnt a tough lesson the hard way here but I doubt it's the first time.

Hey, look on the bright side, get a camera and lens kit and you've saved a bit on that lens you were going buy someday anyway. ;)

Hey Graham,

No matter how depressed and upset you feel at the moment, you cannot give up what is clearly a great talent and therapy for you.

If you can see past the red mist of losing the camera, and concentrate on sorting out a replacement - whatever it is, you can continue to take great pictures.

If I can help out in any way please let me know, I will gladly donate some money to a replacement camera for you.

I hope you reconsider leaving photography.

Alan

Yeah, come on Graham.. Ive loved your shots on here. And mountain-biking?.... well you have a lot more get up and go than me, I just sit in front of my pc :(

My GF1 was bought to try to get me out more, so pleeeeese get another and just forget what happened, clear it from your mind. Look forward to a nice new one with that new 14-45 (y)

I, for one, want to see lots more shots from you in this thread, young man (y)

Graham, I'm with Alan. PLEASE don't give up. Your images inspire me to do better and I bet others feel the same.

I kinda suffer from bouts of depression all be it small amounts and I try and turn a negative into a positive. OK the camera has gone, nowt you can do about that but you have money coming so think about what you want to do with it and get excited about the new purchase.

Behind every cloud and all that! Hope to see you back here soon!!

I will gladly donate some money to a replacement camera for you.

Chalk me up for a tenner or so mate if you go down this route, Grums pics have been worth that much to view and it's always nice to help a fellow :)

And a tenner from me too......... Good God Graham you can't go, you helped us all with this GF1...

Please please don't leave us, we will all need your :help:at sometime.

Thanks for the kind words everyone - I'm really touched. The offers of helping me get another are incredibly generous. Don't want to sound ungrateful but it's not really about the money.

I know it's stupid because it was just a chunk of plastic, but I had a real emotional attachment to that camera and what it did for me, and it feels like that's all over now. I just don't really feel like getting another one. I still have a G1 (although no 20mm or 14-45 any more) but I dunno if I'll keep it. I felt like I had lost my mojo recently anyway...

I used to go mountain biking all the time, and had to give up for most of the last year because of the ME - been kidding myself recently that I could do it again, but it just seems to make me more ill.

ps sorry for my whiny self-pitying posts!

Keep in touch with us all on here Graham, I know how you feel , get very depressed myself but that is caring for my partner with Severe Dementia, my GF1 is the only thing that keeps me going although do not get out enough with it.

So chin up mate keep with us and get another GF1 after all a camera is just a camera, and you take some wonderful pictures to inspire us all.

What the hell are we all going to do without you showing us all how its done.(y)

You can't leave us :nono:....so there(y)

Well I am no longer a member of the GF1 club - not through my choice.

Went out mountain biking in the Lakes yesterday - found it a bit of struggle and was really tired - got home to discover I no longer have my camera. Must have fallen out of my bag or the car at some point.

I don't know if anyone remembers from earlier in the thread, but I have ME and have been suffering from depression - buying the GF1 and getting into photography was a really big help to me and got me through the worst time in my life. And now it's gone. Gutted doesn't come close - I'm such a ****ing idiot.

I am inheriting some money soon so could afford to get another camera but I clearly can't trust myself to look after one - time to call it a day I think. Nice chatting to you all.

Sorry to hear that Graham, but it might be worth putting a note or checking in the Trail magazine, as us walkers are usually a very honest lot, and there are often notices that people have found equipment. I hope you are lucky and cheer up - I had ME once but am fine now.

Thanks again everyone, I'm genuinely really moved by the support. I'm sure it's really hard for you oldboy - my grandad looked after my grandma for ages with severe dementia and he found it very, very tough.

Barbara, that's really encouraging to hear that you recovered from ME. Have posted on the Trail mag forum.

I guess you will all be pleased to know my gf has said I am not allowed to give up photography, and has rung the insurance company and found out that we are covered - so it looks like I have no choice but to carry on. :bat:

Sorry for my fit of self-pity.

Thanks again everyone, I'm genuinely really moved by the support. I'm sure it's really hard for you oldboy - my grandad looked after my grandma for ages with severe dementia and he found it very, very tough.

Barbara, that's really encouraging to hear that you recovered from ME. Have posted on the Trail mag forum.

I guess you will all be pleased to know my gf has said I am not allowed to give up photography, and has rung the insurance company and found out that we are covered - so it looks like I have no choice but to carry on. :bat:

Great news Graham, a nice new GF1 courtesy of the insurance company......now you CAN'T leave us (y):)

That's wonderful news Graham, as others have said you're images are an inspiration to the rest of us. It was in part due to your images that I came back to m4/3rds - having seen the quality you had achieved I knew it was possible with these wonderfully small cameras.

Thanks John, that's very kind :)

By the way, I was wondering whether we could get this thread title changed to 'Micro Four Thirds discussion thread' or similar. There is a G1 thread but it's not as active as this one so I'd rather post here, and EP1/EPL1 etc user might feel more like posting stuff.

How would people feel about that/would the mods do it?

SO glad you are not giving up. I like your girlfriend already. (y)

Good idea about the micro 4/3 thread or maybe a whole section seeing as 4/3 are so popular these days.

How would people feel about that/would the mods do it?

Sounds like a cracking idea, I'm sporting an E-P1 these days but was a bit cheeky and started posting in here - others might not be as bold.

I was very excited today, recieved a package in the post :naughty:

5075031931_8c1cf3846c_b.jpg

SO glad you are not giving up. I like your girlfriend already. (y)

Good idea about the micro 4/3 thread or maybe a whole section seeing as 4/3 are so popular these days.

I can't figure out how we can rename this thread, but a new 4/3 section would be nice as well. I'm sure we could all visit both threads(y)

Should we get this one closed and follow the other one now?

Brilliant, I'm really pleased for you dude.... :cool:

It's great having a top bird on your side sometimes isn't it, give her a hug from me, I'd have been pretty ****ed off if you'd left us not seeing your contributions anymore! (y)

So, we're staying here are we?!

Where's the best place to find a 20mm Pancake? I've looked at Mathers, just wondering if there's anywhere else I should be looking. Not a single listing on eBay from what I could see!

Where's the best place to find a 20mm Pancake? I've looked at Mathers, just wondering if there's anywhere else I should be looking. Not a single listing on eBay from what I could see!

Mathers are very reliable people to deal with, bought mine from them..You actually talk to a human to order so they tell you exactly when delivery is likely.

Definately Mathers. Great company and best price I could find when buying mine.

If we ALL ask for a 4/3 section in the forum discussion section then we may get one.(y)

This is the type of question that should be asked in the M4/3 owners thread. I think it would be best to have just the one thread open.

Personally I vote for ditching this thread and just using the other one - to save confusion/duplication - but I don't want to upset anyone :)

Don't think they will make a M4/3 section as there are no other sections for specific camera types (apart from film but that's a little different).

Mathers have some unboxed 20mm 1.7s for £219 I believe.

Last edited:
Back