"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

A few more I captured whilst out today, a rare non black and white moment ;)

5061311650_bc47ea6e64_b.jpg

5061300660_6ef940f63e_b.jpg

Normal service is returned, and we're back to black and white:

5062492632_d21c1552b0_b.jpg

Just like this (y):LOL:

My model posed for me showing me how its done !!!

Superb David, spot on!!!!!!(y)

Those conkers look great. I think I'm going to collect a few, polish them up and take a few pix.

Keeping with the Autumn theme, I wondered off for my first go at fungi today and whilst lots to learn I quite liked this one.

Been eyeing up a canon 60D today.
Thumbwheel on the GF1 is proving tricky to turn/use being the size it is and the pain I have in my thumb.

Wheel on the back of the 60D is a lot more thumb friendly and for first time a canon body fits my hand. We shall see how things go.

OK, I need a small bag which will take my GF1 and 14-45mm & the 20mm lens I will be adding to it.

I also want a leather protector for the body of my GF1, can anyone recommend any please :)

Some samples with the new 14mm pancake - http://dpreview.com/news/1010/10100806panasonicgh2142p5gallery.asp

Dunno how much you can tell from them - they look good but not amazing as far as I can see.

Hmmm, was hoping for a significant improvement in image quality over the 14-45mm in order to justify the significant increase in price, but it just doesn't seem to be there. Wonder how much of that is down to the lens and how much is down to the 18MP of the GH2? Still, the size of the 14mm will be a big advantage for me when heading off to the hills.

IQ is pretty good but i think it would only sell to those who need a faster 14mm than the 14-45. I like the 14-45 and in good light it is a pretty good lens.....actually it can be a stunning lens.

Will i be purchasing the 14mm.........nope!

I probably wouldn't be considering it if I hadn't lost my 14-45. :bonk:

That is a bummer but on the bright side, if you buy it I might ask to borrow it. ;)

I also want a leather protector for the body of my GF1, can anyone recommend any please :)

I can recommend the following case for the GF1 + 20mm. The lower half improves grip and the top half can easily and quickly be opened/moved out of the way without having to remove its protection altogether before taking a picture.

Furthermore, it comes with a separate cover you can use when you've attached a different lens - it will protect the entire back while you're carrying it.

I've been using it for about four months now and have never regretted its purchase.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170485086110

Hmmm, was hoping for a significant improvement in image quality over the 14-45mm in order to justify the significant increase in price, but it just doesn't seem to be there. Wonder how much of that is down to the lens and how much is down to the 18MP of the GH2? Still, the size of the 14mm will be a big advantage for me when heading off to the hills.

I suspect the real advantage is that it's a faster lens so low light photography without flash will be better. That and a shallower depth of field
Allan

I can recommend the following case for the GF1 + 20mm. The lower half improves grip and the top half can easily and quickly be opened/moved out of the way without having to remove its protection altogether before taking a picture.

Furthermore, it comes with a separate cover you can use when you've attached a different lens - it will protect the entire back while you're carrying it.

I've been using it for about four months now and have never regretted its purchase.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170485086110

I have one of these too. Great little number.. mine was £18! :)
I keep the bottom part on all the tiime, and the back part to protect the lcd. front part gets put on from time to time. Love it. (y)

I thought I would post a couple of images from my summer hols. I spent nearly 3 weeks in florida armed only with the GF1 and 20mm along with a couple of Lee filters.

original.jpg

Walking towards Sunset

original.jpg

Sunset at Siesta Key

Lovely pics Strax.....who needs anything other than a GF1 + 20mm:)

Lovely pics Strax.....who needs anything other than a GF1 + 20mm:)

I did wish for wider and longer at times during the hols (don't we all:naughty:)

Size is not everything its the way you use it that matters :lol

Try telling my wife that!!! :nuts::LOL:

Great images Strax. What filter did you use and what system?

I've been getting out and about quite a lot this past week as I've taken some time off work. Today I managed a quick trip to the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral with the wife.

I'm pretty chuffed with what I got in the space of 30 minutes.

Welcoming Arms

5071660309_30c0854941_b.jpg

Between the Light and the Darkness

5071661075_7660cee2ac_b.jpg

A Prayer for Mum & Dad

5072263534_0d937e6014_b.jpg

Faith Crosses All Boundaries

5072263756_948aa0622c_b.jpg

In Memory of James Malcolm Harrison O.B.E

5071660051_6f81459f7e_b.jpg

Great images Strax. What filter did you use and what system?

I used a 46-52mm step-up ring along with a 52mm lee adaptor so I could fit the Lee holder onto the 20mm.

For these two images I used a Lee 3 stop soft ND grad. As you can see the filter and holder are bigger than the camera!

original.jpg

I have one of these too. Great little number.. mine was £18! :)
I keep the bottom part on all the tiime, and the back part to protect the lcd. front part gets put on from time to time. Love it. (y)

Which seller did you get yours from Janice? The above links point to one which is about £36. I found several other sellers for around £18, but not sure whether they would be the same thing. Was yours real leather as I notice a lot of them say they are leather, then when you really look in the description they say "generic leather" which I assume is pvc.

Which seller did you get yours from Janice? The above links point to one which is about £36. I found several other sellers for around £18, but not sure whether they would be the same thing. Was yours real leather as I notice a lot of them say they are leather, then when you really look in the description they say "generic leather" which I assume is pvc.

No the real leather ones are about £80 ish. It is mock leather but it really looks pretty good.
i will see if i can look back through my ebay transactions and find it for you.

Edit: here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170475997846

Last edited:
No the real leather ones are about £80 ish. It is mock leather but it really looks pretty good.
i will see if i can look back through my ebay transactions and find it for you.

Thank you Janice. I've been trying to work out how the back bit fits on that protects the LCD. Do you have to take this bit off if you put the lens cover on, or does the lens cover press stud on over the back bit as well? Also does the strap fit to the case or to the camera?

Back