"Panasonic G series" Owners Thread

Put my 20mm back on yesterday....

My hanging basket on its last legs , going to Aldi tomorrow to get their winter one to replace it with..

Managed a short trip to a local park "Langtons" also our local Registry Office, a slow short walk with my GF1 +20mm

It was really nice to go out today and be able to take my camera without the whole trip revolving around it. Not one of my best shots but a good test of the 20mm on the street.

All looks nice and sharp but I need to work on my timing - a short delay meant I cropped the womens foot out.

5057426038_597ce60205_b.jpg

Good start mate.....trouble is I'm not a Black & White fan.

Nice set there David! (That sounds a bit pervy!!)

Does anyone know if I can use my Nikon Speedlite SB600 on my GF1? I don't want to blow the thing up.:bonk:

I used my SB800 ( before I sold it) on mine, and now have a cheapy Jessops SB800 look-a-likey one that I use. Seems to work fine.
Allan

Great pics oldboy, good to see you getting out and about. Think this is the best set I've seen you post, really nice.

My latest efforts - 20mm

5057918191_e09e645863_b.jpg

5058539978_55cea21081_z.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Allan. Did you have to do any settings on it, or just fit it onto the hot shoe?

I just set it to ttl and it seemed to work fine. I didn't use it much, I suppose I should try again and see what settings work best, but it definitely seemed to do the job I wanted it for. ( passport photo for my daughter)
Allan

Are you sticking with that Alan :D

Who knows!

Am still researching DSLRs but not decided between D5000, D90, D7000, D300s, D700, D3s, 550D, 60D, 7D, 5D2

As you can see I have no idea how much I want to spend or whether I want to go ff or stay crop body, or what colour pants I am going to wear today! :shrug:

Alan

I think we were separated at birth!!! You sound as indecisive as me :LOL:

Top Tip. Always buy you're undies the same colour, same with socks. Then you don't need to make a decision! (y) :nuts:

Graham. Quality shots there...as usual!(y)

Alan

I think we were separated at birth!!! You sound as indecisive as me :LOL:

Top Tip. Always buy you're undies the same colour, same with socks. Then you don't need to make a decision! (y) :nuts:

Graham. Quality shots there...as usual!(y)

Honestly it does my head in, I think I may stick with the kit I have for a while and just concentrate on taking photos when I feel like it - something a lot of TP'ers should take heed of - instead of chasing the next bit of kit every 2 minutes (y)

Graham, I love the 2nd one but what the hell is it?

Either a gnarly old finger or someone with a sore wiener who should really goto the clinic:LOL:

Honestly it does my head in, I think I may stick with the kit I have for a while and just concentrate on taking photos when I feel like it - something a lot of TP'ers should take heed of - instead of chasing the next bit of kit every 2 minutes (y)
Very wise sir!! I have now run out of money so I have to use what I have so all I need to do is get out there and start clicking!(y)

I feel the same way.

Having owned nine cameras in the last two years I'm sick to death of it all. I convince myself I want/need a particular camera and the minute I get it I start to doubt.

I've owned three GF1 bodies, a Canon G10, a Nikon D300, a Canon 7D, a Canon 5Dmkii, a Nikon D700, and now a little Olympus E-P1. Over the course of this buying spree I estimate I've lost around £2500 on re-sales, total madness.

I am very happy with the Olympus, the quality of the images are excellent especially when combined with the Panasonic 20mm. It ticks all the boxes for me and has a nice balance between features.

I'd initially wanted the E-P2 but figured it was my brain convincing me to buy something I didn't need again. This time around I've been trying to stick to a much smaller budget and get back to basics, a camera that produces good quality pictures, is highly portable (ie fits in my pocket) and doesn't break the bank.

I also want the 45mm Panasonic but I'm holding off to see how I do without it. If I find i need it down the line then I'll pick it up, if I don't I'll save the cash :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah, that'll never catch on. :)

Graham, I love the 2nd one but what the hell is it?

Either a gnarly old finger or someone with a sore wiener who should really goto the clinic:LOL:

Heh - it's a toadstool. :D

Honestly it does my head in, I think I may stick with the kit I have for a while and just concentrate on taking photos when I feel like it - something a lot of TP'ers should take heed of - instead of chasing the next bit of kit every 2 minutes (y):

Am still researching DSLRs but not decided between D5000, D90, D7000, D300s, D700, D3s, 550D, 60D, 7D, 5D2

:bonk:

I think one of the problems may be, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, that you guys spend too much doing research on things. It makes you unhappy with what you have because you think there's something better, when in actual fact, the cameras you're getting rid of are perfectly well suited for anything. I've done the same thing in the past, but have come full circle. I didn't quite go to the extremes that I've seen others do, and have never bought the same model camera more than once which is a bit crazy, but I do now have an appreciation for what is good, and what is mediocre.

In all honesty, you guys who had 7D's and D700's probably should never had got rid of them, as you're now considering your next move. I think the crux is that you don't know that you should have kept until you've tried other things - how else will know what works for you? However, you probably have to call it a day at some point.

the cameras you're getting rid of are perfectly well suited for anything
Oh how true!

I feel the same way.

Having owned nine cameras in the last two years I'm sick to death of it all. I convince myself I want/need a particular camera and the minute I get it I start to doubt.

I've owned three GF1 bodies, a Canon G10, a Nikon D300, a Canon 7D, a Canon 5Dmkii, a Nikon D700, and now a little Olympus E-P1. Over the course of this buying spree I estimate I've lost around £2500 on re-sales, total madness.

I am very happy with the Olympus, the quality of the images are excellent especially when combined with the Panasonic 20mm. It ticks all the boxes for me and has a nice balance between features.

I'd initially wanted the E-P2 but figured it was my brain convincing me to buy something I didn't need again. This time around I've been trying to stick to a much smaller budget and get back to basics, a camera that produces good quality pictures, is highly portable (ie fits in my pocket) and doesn't break the bank.

I also want the 45mm Panasonic but I'm holding off to see how I do without it. If I find i need it down the line then I'll pick it up, if I don't I'll save the cash :)

Thanks, and yes the 20mm is proving a little hard to beat

:bonk:

I think one of the problems may be, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, that you guys spend too much doing research on things. It makes you unhappy with what you have because you think there's something better, when in actual fact, the cameras you're getting rid of are perfectly well suited for anything. I've done the same thing in the past, but have come full circle. I didn't quite go to the extremes that I've seen others do, and have never bought the same model camera more than once which is a bit crazy, but I do now have an appreciation for what is good, and what is mediocre.

In all honesty, you guys who had 7D's and D700's probably should never had got rid of them, as you're now considering your next move. I think the crux is that you don't know that you should have kept until you've tried other things - how else will know what works for you? However, you probably have to call it a day at some point.

You hit the nail on the head there about researching - I spend so long researching and getting all excited that it comes as a huge let down when I actually have the thing in my hands.

And no I shouldn't have sold my 7D and yes I am regretting it!

I guess the right thing to do is get the best out of what you have. So many times I have seen awesome images from older DSLR's and low end DSLR's like the 400D. It's not what you have but how you use it.

Don't think these are Toadstools :nono: either......found in next doors garden today.

Don't think these are Toadstools :nono: either......found in next doors garden today.

They are just crying out for you to get down on the floor and do some profile shots with the 20mm!!!

Best I can do with my disability and this is using the G1 with the flip screen and 45-200 set on 45mm....but still caused me a lot of pain ...lying down on the lawn would have been the place, but I would still be there till somebody found me:help: !!!

David. Do you do any post processing? I find that you take good images but some look like they need a little work. I hope you don't mind but i had a bit of a play with the image above in Elements for literally 2 mins and came up with this:

p10005991800x600copy.jpg

All it needed was a little work with levels, saturation and sharpening.

Hope you like it.

Brilliant Andy Cheers......I wouldnt mind but I do have elements , but tend to use Picassa a little...really I must settle down to some real post processing.

Thanks for improving the pic Andy I never mind anybody doing that.

Anyone mind if I join in with an ep1? This seems to be about the only m4/3 thread around here.

I've been following these EVIL cameras with interest for a while now, and this week I got the chance to buy a mint refurbished ep1 and kit lens for a shade over £200 (a bargain considering I'd been looking at g11s and lx5s for around £100 more). As a press photography student its great that I can have a camera with dslr quality with me at all times should a story unfold while I'm out and about.

Anyone mind if I join in with an ep1? This seems to be about the only m4/3 thread around here.

I've been following these EVIL cameras with interest for a while now, and this week I got the chance to buy a mint refurbished ep1 and kit lens for a shade over £200 (a bargain considering I'd been looking at g11s and lx5s for around £100 more). As a press photography student its great that I can have a camera with dslr quality with me at all times should a story unfold while I'm out and about.

Welcome. Although you have to agree the Pen is not as good as the GF1 :naughty:

I think all this talk of selling an unselling GF1's and the like is very unnerving :D

I think we should all take a leaf out of Grums book and just get on and take great pics :D(y)

I think all this talk of selling an unselling GF1's and the like is very unnerving :D

I think we should all take a leaf out of Grums book and just get on and take great pics :D(y)

hear, hear!

Edinburgh from the castle, GF1 + 20mm pancake

P1040704.jpg

Back