Park Cameras: Probably the worst level of service I have ever received from any camera vendor

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
No
I placed an order with Park Cameras, the item I wanted to purchase was on offer with a voucher code. However although the voucher code was valid due to an error on their website it wouldn't let me use it. I then contacted them by telephone and the guy manually processed the order, but told me that the item was out of stock, but that the supplier had it in stock and that they would order one for me and it should be available within 5 days. He also told me that he would send me an order acknowledgement by email.

As I never received the order acknowledgement I contacted them again by email and they supplied me with a brief email including the order number.

As the item was not delivered within the 5 days I contacted them again to ask for an eta. When you contact them by email they have an automated systems that replies with an incident number and they are supposed to reply within 24 hours. As they did not reply I contacted them again by email and telephone, they still didn't bother to reply to the emails and just provided additional incident numbers via there automated system. When contacting them by telephone I was told someone would ring me back but they never did.

After several days of them refusing to reply to emails and not returning calls I eventually spoke to someone today and cancelled the order with them, who needs that hassle!

This is the second order I have placed with them the first order had some issues as well, late delivery, poor communication etc.

I won't be using them again, the customer service level is pretty much non existent. :banghead:

Last edited:
I had a similar problem last year Tommy - mine was a delivery issue and when I complained I received no e mail and my calls also were not returned :(

I feel your pain buddy

Les:)

I've only ever bought two things from them.
1. a sigma lens long back - their website claimed 7 days but arrived after 14 days. But I did get an email in the interim about the delay.
2. PD lens kit - order for collection and collected on the same day.

And very recently I used their online chat to check up on stock on an item and they were responsive. So all in all not too bad in my experience anyway.

I gave up on them after they supplied a clearly used camera, they seemed surprised that their 'reason' of holding returns on the same shelf as new stock leading to the " mix up" which btw they claimed was 'not possible' on initial reporting was not readily accepted by me as reasonable.

I’ve only ever had great service. They constantly updated me when I had a camera on pre-order that was delayed due to covid, and I ordered a bag yesterday which arrived this afternoon.

When the X-T2 was released, I paid a £50 deposit the day it was reviewed in DPReview and was told I would be in the first batch of deliveries. They gave me a date, and I asked if I could collect from their London store (Just off of Oxford St) as I was based in the West End anyway.

Day before said date, I called the store, they told me that the cameras where there, so I went to pick it up the following day and they said mine "would be in the next batch, but we don't know when that will be". They then got $hitty when I asked for my deposit back, telling me they couldn't process it in store. I then informed them that I would be staying there until they sorted it and started to raise my voice.

30 minutes later it was refunded. Never used them since. You don't get a chance to cross me twice....

I used them twice in the last year, online and in-store (Aldgate) including trade-in on old gear.
Fine both times, would happily use again.

Used them a few times with no problems, last purchase was a used Sigma fisheye lens and when it arrived the metal hood was slightly bent which made it difficult to fit. I phoned them and they said I could return it at their expense or they would credit me the £40 needed to buy a new hood.

Decent service I thought.

Back