Park Cameras USED ITEM list.

Looks like they are still updating it, can't get in

I rang them yesterday, apparently they have a ton of 5Ds in this week.

They are checking the sensors and testing them so that list should be online soon.

I bought one today for £720.

The guy said it's in great condition (condition 2 on the Park Cameras chart thing). Was used by a wedding photographer who only had it as backup, so it's barely used.

Bargain!

Get in! But you are a buggar for snapping it up at £30 less than I did! Mine will be here tomorrow (I'm at uni and had to forward it on from my billing address back home).

Yeah same for me, I have to get mine forwarded...lame.

It's crazy how much cheaper they are than eBay though, i've been watching quite a few and none of them have gone for under £850. I saw one the other day that was body only with a 4GB SanDisk Extreme III and went for almost £950!

I would get on the phone to them. They have a pretty extensive used section but the website is always out of date.

01444 23 70 70

Just off the phone with them, they have a few d200's going at £430 and a d300 at £700. Was told to email to get the full list so when i get it, i'll post it here.

Got my 5D this morning. One heck of an upgrade from the 350D, which now feels like a toy.

Still not working for me today...

Park Cameras are currently in the process of updating this page.
Please check back here later. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.

Do they do cameras more at the budget end as well?

Always worth phoning them mate, they are extremely helpful. I got my GX-10 from them over the phone. I explained that I wanted my first DSLR and they were happy to answer any Q's and advise me, without, I should add, pressuring me to spend loadsa money on top en kit.

Alternatively, pop into their shop. Staff again are helpful and its a fantastic shop too. Not knowing where your based though I don't know how feasable that is!!

Im sure they would be helpful if you could ever get to talk to someone, 4 calls, emails and a someone will get back to you in a minute is were im at at the moment.

I will keep trying ***

Well yeah I got a 5D for £720 which is even cheaper than eBay.

I don't know if they do the lower spec bodies though (I think that's what you meant), last time I saw their list I only saw a load of 5Ds and some 1Ds's

Some of their 2nd hand stuff is brilliantly priced, I picked up a 100-400 for £620. The thing's mint. I looked around and there was nowhere even remotely close at the time.

Excellent firm to deal with, just don`t go in there on a saturday. Man, busy or what!

Some of their 2nd hand stuff is brilliantly priced, I picked up a 100-400 for £620. The thing's mint. I looked around and there was nowhere even remotely close at the time.

Excellent firm to deal with, just don`t go in there on a saturday. Man, busy or what!

Its not so bad now that the frenzy of a new shop has died down. I went in the weekend before xmas on a sat and it was reasonable considering the time of year!

The worst was the open day they held, you could barely move!!

after the 8th or 9th time of ringing and being told 4 times that someone would get back to me but didnt, I finally got through and pick up a 5d for £699 was worth the effort.

quite hit and miss regarding the phone calls. ben told no stock friday to lots of stock today. either not updated stock or a lot of people canceled their reserves. Just hope mine goes through.

My 5D arrived today. Seriously, best deal ever. It's MINT condition, they described it as level two - 'Excellent plus' but i'd describe it as 'As new'. There's not even any wear on the hotshoe which is always the first thing to show usage. Not a scratch!

Absolute bargain, i'm definitely going to be using them again, £720 is an amsing price.

Will check them out.

I sent off the email on Wednesday i think it was and still havnt received a reply, the guy on the phone said it would take one or two days, i thought he was just being cautious..

I had to push them quite hard to get through to someone, they wanted to put me on a mailing list that they didnt know when it was going to be ready. In the space of half a day they went from saying they had a dozen or so in to only have 1 that I could have with more coming in.

anyone else still having trouble seeing the list on-line?

Dion!

Yeh, its being updated atm, best ringing them, people seem to be having trouble getting through to them though, and they havnt replied to my mail yet..

Edit: Just seen the part exchange value for a d300 if replacing it with a d3, they value the d300 at £406? Surely thats quite a bit under what it would go for used?

Last edited:
Edit: Just seen the part exchange value for a d300 if replacing it with a d3, they value the d300 at £406? Surely thats quite a bit under what it would go for used?

That's a bit silly really :wacky: I think you'd be better off selling it on here... I think you'd get at least £700 for it.

I wouldn't have said that was unusual for part ex value to come in under the sale price. Otherwise there would be no benifit from a company part ex'ing in the first place.

If you part ex your car your unlikely to get the sale value, I'd imagine the same applies in this instance.

True but cameras tend to retain more of their value than cars. Especially during the current recession.

However, they are VERY cheap, my 5D for instance was a part exchange with a wedding photographer who was upgrading to 1Ds MKIIIs so they must have given him something like £500/£600 for it. Crazy, i'd never part with a 5D in mint condition for that little.

The price seems to be the only good thing about buying from park. it took a stupid amont of attempts to get to speak to someone with not one person ringing me back.
Then when I do buy one and 2 people tell me it will be with me today 1 of which I spoke to today and checked the delivery only to find out after waiting in all day that its sat in there warehouse.
I seem to get this sort of thing everytime I order something from a photography shop but park cameras have been one of the worst to deal with so far.
Hopefully I wont waste another day off and the camera will arrive tomorrow and it will be an ok one cus god help me if i have to deal with them if i need to send it back.

The price seems to be the only good thing about buying from park. it took a stupid amont of attempts to get to speak to someone with not one person ringing me back.
Then when I do buy one and 2 people tell me it will be with me today 1 of which I spoke to today and checked the delivery only to find out after waiting in all day that its sat in there warehouse.
I seem to get this sort of thing everytime I order something from a photography shop but park cameras have been one of the worst to deal with so far.
Hopefully I wont waste another day off and the camera will arrive tomorrow and it will be an ok one cus god help me if i have to deal with them if i need to send it back.

I'd say it would definitely be worth emailing them informing them of your bad experience pal. Every time I deal with them I get great service, and called them today to see if they had any Speedlights, spoke to someone straight away.

I know they do take feedback seriously so you never know you might get something by way of an apology.

Then again, maybe I have been lucky.

I shouldnt really judge them totally on one experience its just that this happens all the time, I sit at home being told an item is going to be with me and it dosnt arrive, same thing when i was waiting for my 40d (not from park) same thing with a recent order with warehouse express and so on and so on. no company ever offers compensation to me for wasting a days holiday sitting around it just really pee's me off.

I shouldnt really judge them totally on one experience its just that this happens all the time, I sit at home being told an item is going to be with me and it dosnt arrive, same thing when i was waiting for my 40d (not from park) same thing with a recent order with warehouse express and so on and so on. no company ever offers compensation to me for wasting a days holiday sitting around it just really pee's me off.

Rightly so dude, I'd be uber peeved if it kept happening to me. Maybe you should ask somone else to order for you, sound like your havinging a little bad luck! ;)

Customer Service in general accross the technology industry is going downhill at the moment thought. I guess the climate means they just want as many orders/shoppers in and out and they'll worry about cust service later.

Back