PDF editor

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone recommend a free or cheap PDF editor that actually works?

I always prefer to complete paperwork on the PC, as it is always neat & tidy & stops confusion over handwriting etc.

I've tried a few online convertors with varying success, but none seem perfect, you either get totally misaligned graphics or spelling mistakes.

I don't need it for business purposes, so freeware or something under £30 would be acceptable I suppose.

Cheers,

Mick

I use PrimoPDF which is a free PDF creator that loads as a 'printer', so you do your document in whatever program then click print and choose PrimoPDF.
It doesn't allow you to edit old PDFs though.

On the off-chance that you have Microsoft Office, you can save as a .pdf

But would like to get something to edit PDFs that I receive from other sources, insurance policies etc.

Mick

That could be a problem ... and be very careful about editing insurance policies :eek:

I'll take a look at PrimoPDF

I do have MS Office 2010 which I purchased via an employee scheme for £17.95 (y)

But would like to get something to edit PDFs that I receive from other sources, insurance policies etc.

Mick

Sorry for the misunderstanding, you can't edit pdfs with Primo - you can only create them :(
We use Adobe Acrobat at work for editing pdfs, and even that is quite basic, especially if it's a scanned file you're working with.

Last edited:
Sorry for the misunderstanding, you can't edit pdfs with Primo - you can only create them :(
We use Adobe Acrobat at work for editing pdfs, and even that is quite basic, especially if it's a scanned file you're working with.

Tim,

It would be for PDFs original files, not scanned.

Cheers,

Mick

Load it into photoshop, delete what text needs changing and set new text, keep a copy as a PSD file, flatten layers and save out as pdf again.

I had to do this very thing the other day. I used the Pdf import plugin in OpenOffice Draw. All free and seemed very good.

Joe

Load it into photoshop, delete what text needs changing and set new text, keep a copy as a PSD file, flatten layers and save out as pdf again.

I want to convert to Word documents.

I had to do this very thing the other day. I used the Pdf import plugin in OpenOffice Draw. All free and seemed very good.

Joe

Never tried Open Office, might give it a go.

I work in aviation as a contractor & routinely end up filling in lots of paperwork when applying for job, so PDF to Word is what I need.

Just tried PDF convertor Elite 3 seems ok so far :shrug:

Cheers,

Mick

Serif PagePlus from version 11 onwards can edit pdf files. The current version is X6 so you can probably pick up an old version cheap.

Serif PagePlus from version 11 onwards can edit pdf files. The current version is X6 so you can probably pick up an old version cheap.

I remember this program from way back, will take a look (y)

this can convert images and pdf to word docs

Cheers Steve

Another one for the list (y)

Back