Peak Design AL3 anchor recall

Thanks for the heads-up. I hope they don’t withdraw the AL3 anchors completely, though suspect that’s what they’re doing. I don’t think the AL4 chord will fit through smaller camera eyelets without another link to help, shame as with the V3s it’s a straight fit. I’d be happy to carefully file any sharp bits and continue to use the AL3, accepting the risk as adding links would just annoy me.

Quite surprised (and relieved) to find that the anchors I have with my Peak Design slide strap that I bought late 2017 are the V2 anchors

Last edited:
Likewise, with the exception of my recent Cuff, all have the V2 anchor, however my Cuff has the V3. I wonder how long replacements will take? I have also just submitted a claim for my Capture Clip as the plate doesn't lock in place anymore

Just received an email to let me know I have 2 sets of the new anchors on the way. In a separate note I also submitted a claim for my Capture Pro (v2) as the locking clip had failed meaning that the plate didn’t lock in place. PD have also shipped new V3 including plate to me. Well played PD

Also had the email saying my replacements are on the way, and I checked the ones that are on my camera and they're not the suspect ones. The v3s I bought are still lying unused - I only have them because I needed another pair of the adaptors they clip into, and you can't buy those seperately. So well done PD - nicely handled.

Thanks for the heads up. Doesn't look like mine are affected, which is good. Excellent customer service from Peak Design it has to be said!

Agreed, excellent service. I particularly like the detail in the ‘dispatched’ email so we know how the package will arrive and roughly when. Too often ‘dispatched’ emails too general or brief and bizarrely lack information about the shipping method. So, for a recall replacement, top marks.

Last edited:
Also had a email to say on the way expected delivery date this week sometime

My application for replacements has been acknowledged.

IMVHO the cord is a p***-poor design anyway, the reason I bought the 'Leash' is because of it's unique method of adjusting the the strap length.

If a length of standard camera strap webbing could be affixed to the disc somehow, similar to the Optech webbing connectors.https://optechusa.com/3-8-webbing-connectors.html....but shorter and with a disc.

This would obviate the need to remove the triangular ring in the first place, giving a far better solution.

Quite surprised (and relieved) to find that the anchors I have with my Peak Design slide strap that I bought late 2017 are the V2 anchors

However the Cuff I have just bought arrived today with the v3 anchors.

My application for replacements has been acknowledged.

IMVHO the cord is a p***-poor design anyway, the reason I bought the 'Leash' is because of it's unique method of adjusting the the strap length.

If a length of standard camera strap webbing could be affixed to the disc somehow, similar to the Optech webbing connectors.https://optechusa.com/3-8-webbing-connectors.html....but shorter and with a disc.

This would obviate the need to remove the triangular ring in the first place, giving a far better solution.
out of interest why are you removing the triangle? it works fine with them left on

Just received two sets this morning. Quick service! Good to see a company pro-actively managing potential problems.

Received mine today, not going to replace my V3 until they break. Prefer not having rings on my camera.
Bit like saying you're not going to tighten your wheel nuts till your wheel drops off? ;) :)

Know what you mean about rings, though.

Bit like saying you're not going to tighten your wheel nuts till your wheel drops off? ;) :)

Know what you mean about rings, though.

I think the whole recall was about certain cameras having sharper lugs than others which caused more wear and tear. My camer seems fine, I’ll just keep an eye on them to see if they change colour. Should have enough V3 ones, ended up buying 2 straps when I thought I lost one, obviously I found in another bag! :thinking:

Are you guys buying direct from Peak Design in the USA or is there a good UK distributor? I'm in the market for a cuff strap for my A6500.

I decided to finally pick up a PD slide strap today (Carmarthen Cameras). This thread helped as I knew it was very likely the strap I would be buying would have the V3 anchors but it seems everyone is having great customer service from Peak Design s I’m not bothered. My strap does have the V3 anchors so I’ve filled out the recall request for the V4 anchors.

I decided to finally pick up a PD slide strap today (Carmarthen Cameras). This thread helped as I knew it was very likely the strap I would be buying would have the V3 anchors but it seems everyone is having great customer service from Peak Design s I’m not bothered. My strap does have the V3 anchors so I’ve filled out the recall request for the V4 anchors.
I can’t fault PD’s customer service, I had a Capture Clip V2 develop a fault after 18 months, whilst sorting out the new anchors I noticed that PD products carry a lifetime warranty, so I thought I’d give it a try with my Clip (Now nearly 2 years since purchase. To their credit they sent me a new V3 as a replacement without any hassle. It arrived after 3 days

4 new anchors arrived earlier in the week. Only took about a week total. Great service.

Got my 16 replacements today in the post. I’ll replace the ones on the bigger cameras and bags, and keep the V3s freed up to have a rolling planned replacement programme to make sure none of the V3s on the smaller cameras fail.

Excellent customer service.

I have some V2 anchors but have damaged the outer layer trying to get them through the eyelets on my camera. Wonder if they'll replace them free of charge.

I have some V2 anchors but have damaged the outer layer trying to get them through the eyelets on my camera. Wonder if they'll replace them free of charge.
When you fill out the form, they only ask how many you need. I had 2 x sets of the V2 and 1 set of V3, on the form I stated I needed 6 of the new V4. They sent out 2 x packs of the new anchors, so 8 anchors in total.

I'm thinking of buying a PD Slide and PD Slite Lite - are they likely to need their anchors replaced?

Or are replacements only required for older items and not current stocks?

Thanks

I'm thinking of buying a PD Slide and PD Slite Lite - are they likely to need their anchors replaced?

Or are replacements only required for older items and not current stocks?

Thanks
Think it depends on how old the stock is.

Back