Pentax ME Super

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Someone has given me a Pentax ME Super, can anyone suggest what to use to open up the battery compartment. Modern coins don't seem to work and the "gap" is worn down quite a bit. Thanks.

I just use a suitable coin but I guess if it is badly worn than might not work. It doesn't usually take much force but again if the batteries have corroded it could be gummed up, any chance of posting a photo. BTW it's a great camera IMHO

Base of camera held by 2 screws, can take it off with the jammed battery cover in place and then clean up the cover. One I had treated with vinegar to loosen cover, another I had to drill two holes in slot and use a pin wrench and some WD40. Remove the corroded battery, clean up contacts and hope the corrosion not spread up wires. .

Base of camera held by 2 screws, can take it off with the jammed battery cover in place and then clean up the cover. One I had treated with vinegar to loosen cover, another I had to drill two holes in slot and use a pin wrench and some WD40. Remove the corroded battery, clean up contacts and hope the corrosion not spread up wires. .
Looks clean as a whistle inside and batteries are LR44's by the look of it.

New batteries in but light (LED) not showing up in camera .... thoughts?
Unlike many cameras the ME Super has the negative end of the batteries contacting the screw in cover. I have put them in the wrong way more than once.IMG_20200728_132440~2.jpg

What lens have you got on it? Big Pentax slr fan here, got a collection of models. You'll like it

What lens have you got on it? Big Pentax slr fan here, got a collection of models. You'll like it
SMC Pentax M 50mm f1.7 plus the SMC 35mm f3.5 as well as the Topcor MC 55mm f1.7
The last 2 lenses came with a Topcon RM300 and a Pentax MG (not working)

Last edited:
Just watched a guy's vlog, he'd been touring some stores (in America) and bought a Super Takumar 85mm f1.9 for 15 dollars. The vlog was made in 2018. HOW MUCH?
They are selling for around £300 on fleabay.

Just watched a guy's vlog, he'd been touring some stores (in America) and bought a Super Takumar 85mm f1.9 for 15 dollars. The vlog was made in 2018. HOW MUCH?
They are selling for around £300 on fleabay.

Huh bargain..anyway don't forget zooms, third party ones should be cheaper than Pentax and the Pentax forum will give you a rough guide on ones that are better.

SMC Pentax M 50mm f1.7 plus the SMC 35mm f3.5 as well as the Topcor MC 55mm f1.7
The last 2 lenses came with a Topcon RM300 and a Pentax MG (not working)
That is how it begins. This is how it ends:
:)

That is how it begins. This is how it ends:
:)

There are around 40,000 different cameras made since the first camera was invented :eek:

Back