Pentax67 mk2

I now own a 67 with 75mm f4.5. Put a couple of rolls through it. Found it a bit tricky to focus without split screen. Image quality superb. Needs a right hand grip.
The jury is still out. Not going to make any rash or quick decisions though.
I'll shoot it some more this week.

I now own a 67 with 75mm f4.5. Put a couple of rolls through it. Found it a bit tricky to focus without split screen. Image quality superb. Needs a right hand grip.
The jury is still out. Not going to make any rash or quick decisions though.
I'll shoot it some more this week.

Woop Woop :clap::clap:

Well done , hope you get on with it , are you using it hand held on on a tripod ?

Woop Woop :clap::clap:

Well done , hope you get on with it , are you using it hand held on on a tripod ?

Test rolls hand held. I wanted to try it as a walkabout.

First time I fired the shutter (in my garden) I thought a plane had crashed into my house.

Test rolls hand held. I wanted to try it as a walkabout.

First time I fired the shutter (in my garden) I thought a plane had crashed into my house.

:LOL: They do have rather a large mirror , Is your a mirror up version ?

I prefer using a tripod

:LOL: They do have rather a large mirror , Is your a mirror up version ?

I prefer using a tripod

Yep, mirror up. I'll use it on a tripod during this week.

Guess I'm liking it.

Added a Mk2 with 105 2.4 recently. May let the other one go.
Been walkabout with the dog today. Carried my new one to see how I got on.
Was out for an hour and a half. Seemed to manage ok.
Might have to find my monopod...(unused for 4 years)

Guess I'm liking it.

Added a Mk2 with 105 2.4 recently. May let the other one go.
Been walkabout with the dog today. Carried my new one to see how I got on.
Was out for an hour and a half. Seemed to manage ok.
Might have to find my monopod...(unused for 4 years)

(y)

How did you get on using a tripod ?

They are overpriced... that's why they have been sitting there for some time.

Well I've looked at FFordes for other things like Etrs lenses and they are over priced and just give a symbol for the condition and maybe a remark like "some dust in the elements"...at least on the bay you usually get a write up on everything about the lens with better pictures :shrug:

I've always loved the Pentax 67, never owned one.

The famous photographer Terence Donavon shot on Pentax 67.

Lord Lichfield and David Bailey also :)

... at least on the bay you usually get a write up on everything about the lens with better pictures :shrug:

Try telephoning your ebay seller and asking for them to take whatever you bought back to fix it 3 months after you bought it or accepting some of your old gear in part-exchange.

Ffordes have their faults but they're pretty fair and it's possible to reach a reasonable deal with them.

For the record, I have no vested interest in Ffordes and have had mixed experiences so hopefully I've got a pretty impartial view of them. Certainly a more impartial view than I've got of the most recent ebay seller I've dealt with, who is a complete cock. :)

Well Dean of course you have a point.....but they have twelve 150mm f3.5 Etrs lenses with the same down rated symbol and price of £59 and three photos to judge each of their condition...so what am I supposed to do? ring them up and say "could you send the best one out of the lot" and hope someone who would be handed the job and knows something about lenses, would spend the time inspecting 12 lenses.... to sort out the best one for me :)

Brian, yes ask them to have a look and send the best one, that's what I do and I think that everyone who works there is extremely knowledgeable. I've visited the shop a few times and I have always been impressed with them. They also don't mind taking the time to just have a chat.:D(y)

Brian, yes ask them to have a look and send the best one, that's what I do and I think that everyone who works there is extremely knowledgeable. I've visited the shop a few times and I have always been impressed with them. They also don't mind taking the time to just have a chat.:D(y)

Huh Andy...You have visited them, but they are not far from the north pole ;) Anyway thanks as if I can't get a near mint one for the same price will do what you say.

Brian, yes ask them to have a look and send the best one, that's what I do and I think that everyone who works there is extremely knowledgeable.

Same here :)

They were extremely helpful when I was asking a series of questions about a bag because I couldn't judge how big it was from their pictures online, then they threw in a Manfrotto tripod bag because they had one knocking about after I asked about strapping a tripod on.

I think the reception you get can depend on who's answered the phone occasionally but overall I'm still positive about them.

I bought a Nikon 80-200mm from them and when I went back later and asked if they had a case for it they gave me one for free, a proper Nikon hard case as well. Cost about £30 on the bay for one.

Back