Peter123's 52 for 2023

I gave up beekeeping 18 months ago, it was an interesting but often painful hobby and I learnt a lot, not just about bees but about nature in general, but I wouldn't do it again.

That's a great one for your fragile shot Peter, but I like the second one the best. Better colour and more interest with the bees in the picture.

Your Robust shot works really well for the theme.

Last edited:
That's a great one for your fragile shot Peter, but I like the second one the best. Better colour and more interest with the bees in the picture.

Your Robust shot works really well for the theme.
Fragile: lovely shot for the theme.
Robust: Two nice shots, though l much prefer the second.

Thank you. The point is the second, whilst still fragile, is not damaged, so doesn't show the fragility IMO.

Nice framing and colour on the second robust shot which I prefer, but good detail on the close up though might have been better with the top of the horse’s head in the picture

Super duper! :banana:

Fragile: I just love both shots. We've had a hive in our graden for 3 years (it's our neighbours) but have yet to have any honey from it. I've learn't keeping bees is a lot harder than it sounds.

Robust: Great idea, I wonder whether including all of the horses head would make a stronger image? I agree it would detract from the collar, I'm just not sure that the crop is in the right place, I may have cropped the entire head off. Beautifully exposed and you controlled the lighting very well it looks like it was a really bright day.

Last edited:
What an excellent set of one of my favourite types of horses. Any would of been perfect for the shot. The sheer power of these heavy type horses and their gentleness never ceases to amaze. The shot you chose works very well with the framing and the subject focus on the harness.

Fragile.. wonderful creatures.
Robust. I like the crop on the first... it makes a different type of image than the usual horse shot.

Week 21 Near By

Another bee related image this week. This lovely wild flower meadow is in front of my bees, The picture doesn't really do it justice but I wanted to get some bees in the shot!

week 21 Near by by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

I also went a local walk this morning and saw this six spot burnet moth, but the bee image won.

Six spot burnet moth small by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

Last edited:
The moth is lovely, nice meadow for the bees. There was a bit about wild flower meadows on country file tonight

That looks a lovely environment for the bees Peter and I like the way you've included the hive in the corner for context.

Nice one. You're definitely "feeding the bees". Similar shot from me. The wildflower meadows seem to be doing really well this year. Lots of damsel flies too.

I like your beekeeping shot , but that moth is fantastic.

Two box tickers there Peter :)

Both fit the themes, rubbish would fit irregular as well as pretty sure those lids should be closed - seagull heaven

Last edited:
That’s a great picture of the bell and all the colours and textures and movement, I really like it. Building is interesting too.

A good set Peter, good eye to catch the horn. I really like your building shot though.

I like all 3, the colours are very appealing on the bell, the mono works well on the building and I like the fact you can see the pilot in the plane and that the propellers are turning. I would have assumed it had just landed and was coming to a stop.

Fab shot Peter :)

Back