Peter123's 52 for 2023

Week 10 Full.

This week it's another food shot, but I did have alternatives.

Full English breakfast. :)

Week 10 Full 3A by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

It's rained a lot these past 2 days and the River Mole was full to overflowing.

Week 10 Full 1 by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

Our daughter brought my wife some (real) roses. I assume they are imported or glasshouse.
Anyway, they are in full bloom.

Week 10 Full 2 by Peter Stephens, on Flickr

Great set Peter. I would have been torn between your chosen one and the flood.

Good set of pictures & like all three. You have chosen the most appetising for the theme, made or bought especially for the theme?

Wouldn’t have been made if the theme subject was different.
Split in half and Mrs and I ate it.
It would have been such a waste.:)

Last edited:
My fave is the rose - love the pink with the green behind, nice soft light and super sharp throughout the petals, bringing out the texture in the petals really nicely

My fave is the rose - love the pink with the green behind, nice soft light and super sharp throughout the petals, bringing out the texture in the petals really nicely
Yes they almost don’t look real, but they are.

Nice set of shots... the breakfast looks very tasty! I also love the texture on the rose... beautiful.

Both good pix :)

Patterns is great. Strong b&w image.

Love the colours of the crystal balls shot. I reckon a closer crop to highlight the sharpness of the balls works, and 'neatens' up the lines of the light.

Lovely light and mono conversion, composition spot on.

Nice contrasty B&W much preferred. Possibly a bit cliche, but would it be better with a person walking along the path? I dunno!

Nice contrasty B&W much preferred. Possibly a bit cliche, but would it be better with a person walking along the path? I dunno!
Yes but no one came when I was there!
The people at the far end of the tunnel didn’t move.

Patterns - someone asked me if I would be taking shots of my many piles of knitting patterns! Good thinking.
Tunnel - lovely leading line through the trees. If I was being picky I find the top right a little too dark but otherwise a great shot.

Good picture of the buds. Our allotment is still too wet for planting, you’re fortunate to get started

I'm with you on the chosen shot. Lovely to see things coming into bud at the moment.

Tunnel: I think that you chose the right one Peter, I really like it in b&w
Spring: really nice closeups, they both suit the theme well

Box smoothly ticked :)

B&W tunnel is the better of the two.

Like the scarves.

Back