Phone Macro Thread - Lets see how good we can all get.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
This little gadget is so irresistible, I keep looking for things to try it out with. I was writing my shopping list and I saw a tiny little speck hurrying down the page ...it ended up as sort of Alice in Wonderland pic. :) The second one ...I found an interesting looking square inch of moss on a twig, this is one of the little things growing on it.

14160672147_199fc0aba4.jpg

14160539808_c296199e94_z.jpg
Booklouse is that little fella name walking down the page. Phone macro is great fun.

I have the 4s too and it doesn't cover the flash, the little sticky magnetic rings have a tiny cut out that fit around it... the only thing i would say is put a very tiny drop of glue on it as well because since the iphone casing changed from the old style to the glass ish backing they don't stick so well.... or mine don't but i got them separate so many it was just a dodgy set lol

Thanks for that:) I've ordered one, can't wait to try it out, hope I have more success than I do with my dedicated Nikon macro lens. To be fair it's practice I need.

Thanks for that:) I've ordered one, can't wait to try it out, hope I have more success than I do with my dedicated Nikon macro lens. To be fair it's practice I need.

They are fun although you still need a steady hand :D I don't have a dedicated macro yet, I've got a reversing ring and I've tried twice and i just can't do it... Hissy fit city lol

Sent from The Moon.....

They are fun although you still need a steady hand :D I don't have a dedicated macro yet, I've got a reversing ring and I've tried twice and i just can't do it... Hissy fit city lol

Sent from The Moon.....

A steady hand...oh dear:( looks like I'll need one of those mini tripod thingies too then:( I can't get the hang of macro either, I'm better with a tripod but sometimes it's just not feasible. Practice practice practice

Some would say I can't do macro either but it's all about keeping at it. Maybe there needs to be a macro meet of some sort. Would say if anyone needs help I will always try my best to assist as will lots of the folk around these parts see @hoftwi journey for proof.

Some would say I can't do macro either but it's all about keeping at it. Maybe there needs to be a macro meet of some sort. Would say if anyone needs help I will always try my best to assist as will lots of the folk around these parts see @hoftwi journey for proof.

I am a very good example :D though they think my photo now are getting better,and can see the improvement (which is good), I still have a big hand shake problem. I can't use a monopod as I just don't use to use it, so learn from the hard way to carry the gears, practice more and will get better. I may take 150 photos but only save about 20 of them, within the 20, I may only can get 8 to 10 of them of better focus only. Once again, practice practice practice is the key:)

I just took a look at some of your insects hoftwi, they do look very good. I think we are all in the same boat Margaret, what always annoys me is that I really feel I am holding the camera still and yet its wobbling about like mad. I just can't get on with tripods, I can never get them in the right place or the right level, I either trip over it or almost strangle myself in the process of putting it up !! I may try a monopod.
With the phone I try to find something solid to rest it on .... As everyone says its practice, practice, even if your family does think you have gone slightly mad when you are taking a photo of your shopping list :)
Looking forward to lots more photos from everyone.

Last edited:

@Maggie52 Which is the Nikon macro lens & do you not like it?

even if your family does think you have gone slightly mad when you are taking a photo of your shopping list :)

I reckon all of us that frequent the macro section regularly are stark raving bonkers - like you I try shooting anything & everything but still waiting for a keeper or two :LOL:

I just took a look at some of your insects hoftwi, they do look very good. I think we are all in the same boat Margaret, what always annoys me is that I really feel I am holding the camera still and yet its wobbling about like mad. I just can't get on with tripods, I can never get them in the right place or the right level, I either trip over it or almost strangle myself in the process of putting it up !! I may try a monopod.
With the phone I try to find something solid to rest it on .... As everyone says its practice, practice, even if your family does think you have gone slightly mad when you are taking a photo of your shopping list :)
Looking forward to lots more photos from everyone.

Exactly Susie, I too think I'm holding it steady but it's not the case. I agree about the tripod too, pretty hopeless when you're trying to get shots of bugs. I will give the monopod a go and see how I get on with that. The phone should prove interesting lol

Crikes Susie you're doing better than me - the only way I'll get good shots with the macro gadget is if someone else takes them for me :(

That is an interesting look at that plant Susie, it looks like something you would find on a tropical reef.

Well I was sitting there chewing on a carrot - better for me than a biscuit or cake - when I saw my 'Mobile Phone Macro Gadget' but mobile upstairs - bugga - but iPad mini was next to me so I thought I would carry out a trial which so far proves my suspicions - at least in my case :thinking:

The left side was taken by the gadget &the right side was a normal take & cropped to be a similar size to the other. So I reckon you should all dump the gadgets which are impossible to focus with & just use your mobile as normal & then crop - so there - off my chest :banana:

Think the left *boob* looks better imho more detail. :p

Yes you are right but still feel I'm on a loser with the gadget - must be my eyes that need recalibrating :(

I still can't believe how good these are for a £5 couple of lenses. Lol

Wow Margaret (are you Margaret or Maggie :)) those are brilliant...well done to you.....and yes it is addictive. Looking forward to lots more.

Hi Susie Maggie or Margaret I'm not fussed:) I'm wandering around the garden looking for creepy crawlies whilst OH does the weeding, sounds ok to me lol

Back