Critique required Photo Van Gogh's - Project 52 for 2024

I wanted to set something up, catching drops or splashing fruit. It was supposed to rain here but was never more than a mist. So, it never happened, The one thing I have plenty of here though and shoot all the time, is waterfalls. While I live in NE Pa, this one is in NY. A favorite destination of mine. A waterfall in a cave that flows out the front of it. It's a magical place, HDSC05380HDR.jpgere is my submission for week 4 water.

Nice shot Lewis - a little hot on the highlights - always a danger with long exposures. Lovely lead-in makes me want to climb into that cave!

As I have said many times, the milky effect of long exposures is something I always find attractive. Neutral density filters, tripod, trigger and out pops a winner.

@Boots @-Oy- @BobBCN Thanks for the kind words. And I did climb up in there. I just couldn't help myself

Last edited:
Nice capture, very smooth. I don't have anything like that around me to photograph.
Thanks, It's not exactly near me. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive. But oh so worth it.

Looks an interesting place to visit, captured the water movement well

Sorry, I was sick for a few days, than had a family emergency and work became chaotic. But I was told that catch ups were ok and I want to see this through. So, firstly my snappers choice. It's from a project that I'm working on and thought that I would share here. As always feedback and critique is welcome.

Pomagranite -.jpg

Week #6 Neat & tidy. I had a few ideas for this and narrowed it down to these to select from.

Attachments

• Neat & Tiddy-05819.jpg
    Neat & Tiddy-05819.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Neat & Tiddy-05820.jpg
    Neat & Tiddy-05820.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Neat & Tiddy-05822.jpg
    Neat & Tiddy-05822.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Neat & Tiddy-05825.jpg
    Neat & Tiddy-05825.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 5
Sorry, I was sick for a few days, than had a family emergency and work became chaotic. But I was told that catch ups were ok and I want to see this through. So, firstly my snappers choice. It's from a project that I'm working on and thought that I would share here. As always feedback and critique is welcome.

View attachment 415018

Love the lighting in this.

Week 7 Filthy, I couldn't find yellow snow but this will do.

Dirty Snow.jpg

Last edited:
Mucky stuff for sure!

Snappers choice: Well lit. I wonder what it would look like to move the subject a little further from the back edge of the surface so we could see more of its shadow?
Neat and tidy: Nice idea. I think I prefer the one with the two rows of books, I think the more there are the more the neatness is emphasized.
Filthy: Filthy enough without being yellow.

Last edited:
Back