Photo52 - Themes for 2010

Wow, I've just got round to listing all the themes on my PC in preparation for creating the cards for the bag; there are 155 themes on my list :eek:

I've not added all the themes as some were too close to others. I've combined a few in to a larger more expansive them and I've also added some belters of my own including a few Homographs to really see peoples minds work :D

Nice one Simon :) Plenty of choice then :D

There seems to be loads of interest for next year which is making me think it would be a good idea for a sticky post at the top of the personal challanges section with a list of links to everyones 52 thread - that way you can work through it when giving feedback. I find it really difficult to follow everyone's thread now and I know I have neglected some peoples for weeks on end without meaning to because of it.

I don't mind putting it together if people think it's a good idea.

There seems to be loads of interest for next year which is making me think it would be a good idea for a sticky post at the top of the personal challanges section with a list of links to everyones 52 thread - that way you can work through it when giving feedback. I find it really difficult to follow everyone's thread now and I know I have neglected some peoples for weeks on end without meaning to because of it.

I don't mind putting it together if people think it's a good idea.

I think it's a great idea. I think it would be cool if the themes were listed and who selected the theme too! So rather than picking a theme out of hat and saying what it is, why don't you say who chose the particular theme too? For any that Simon bunched together for being too similar he can take credit for :naughty:

I too think this is a good idea, can I ask for 2 small things.

1) Can the links to people's work be alphabectical, and if people don't mind can you include a list of christain names that correspond with people's username. thus enabling newcomers for 2010 to get to know the people behind the username.

I think it's a great idea. I think it would be cool if the themes were listed and who selected the theme too! So rather than picking a theme out of hat and saying what it is, why don't you say who chose the particular theme too? For any that Simon bunched together for being too similar he can take credit for :naughty:

The themes will be listed (as they were last year but this time on the "2010 Photo52 - Join Us" thread that I'll be creating shortly) but there won't be any credit / blame attached to them. The main reason being I've already got the list of themes pulled together and I didn't collect the name of the person donating them and I don't fancy going back through 155 themes attaching names and explaining that I joined some together e.g. Hot, Cold and Warm together to get Temperature.

Day Sleeper - I think your idea is great, feel free to start collating a list of 52s at the start of the year.

The themes will be listed (as they were last year but this time on the "2010 Photo52 - Join Us" thread that I'll be creating shortly) but there won't be any credit / blame attached to them. The main reason being I've already got the list of themes pulled together and I didn't collect the name of the person donating them and I don't fancy going back through 155 themes attaching names and explaining that I joined some together e.g. Hot, Cold and Warm together to get Temperature.

Day Sleeper - I think your idea is great, feel free to start collating a list of 52s at the start of the year.

You so lazy :LOL:

Simon - massive thank you for keeping this going all through the year. :clap::clap::clap:

Like several other people it's made me take photos I'd never have thought of taking, and some I probably shouldn't have taken and many, many shots that fall into the crowbar category. But I've enjoyed it - even got some satisfaction from (whisper) grunge.

I'm signing up again for next year, despite some trepidation ...

... and I think it's a good job the author of the themes won't be named and shamed. How do you tar and feather in cyberspace? :shrug: :LOL:

I'm off now to catch up with John (Dark Star's) poem and image thread - haven't popped in there for ages and it's brilliant.

Jean

Count me in again, this time I might actually post them all through the year, will be uploading all my 52.09 to my flickr though

Quite pleased with myself that I actually nearly completed this, even if I did cop out with rugby and football with some of them - lol

might have a go at this.. have signed up for a 365 with a flickr group, not sure i'll stick that out.. this seems a bit more do-able.. well hopefully will be ;)

might have a go at this.. have signed up for a 365 with a flickr group, not sure i'll stick that out.. this seems a bit more do-able.. well hopefully will be ;)

I actually think this is just as difficult as a 365; a 365 simply??? means posting a pic a day (unless you decide to make it more difficult :wacky:) with this 52 challenge you need to think about the shots far more and they force you down routes you wouldn't normally go.

I actually think this is just as difficult as a 365; a 365 simply??? means posting a pic a day (unless you decide to make it more difficult :wacky:) with this 52 challenge you need to think about the shots far more and they force you down routes you wouldn't normally go.

having studied the list of themes more closely am beginnning to realise that ;)

at least.. errmm 52 of my 365 might be a bit more interesting than the rest :D

*peeks in* Hiya folks, I'm really hoping to join you all with my own 52 thread in the new year and hopefully keep it going right till the end. I've had great enjoyment this year reading and looking through others and it seems a great idea for a personal project. Kudo's to you Simon for putting in the work behind the theme selection. (y)

Tommy.

I would imagine the thought input is just the same? Except you have 7x more images to think about in a 365?

I opted for the 52 as I just don't have time to take a photo and process it every day of the year unfortunatly :(

Welcome aboard ladysue (y) the trying new things and pushing improvements is why we all started this at the beginning of 09...

I think I'll be joining too. :wave:

I've been running my own private 365 and got to day 52...

I'm hoping the pressure of being public and having a theme to work to will help inspire me!

I will be joining in on the 52 week challenge in 2010.

I joined TP back on the 13th Jan 2009 and would like to mark my year with a bang so looking forward to another year with a challenge in mind...

DB

Count me in again, this time I might actually post them all through the year, will be uploading all my 52.09 to my flickr though

Quite pleased with myself that I actually nearly completed this, even if I did cop out with rugby and football with some of them - lol

Make sure that you share the link to them.
You've been keeping us in suspense all year over the shots that you've taken. I'd like to finally get a look at them :LOL:

Welcome aboard to everyone else who's going to join in - looks like it's going to be a bust one next year (y)

There are a lot of themes already, so I am not sure if any of these have already been mentioned.

Influence
Effluence
Affluence
Fluid
Druid
Ruined
Rancid
Plastic
Caustic
Static
Elastic
Parasitic
Exquisite
Mystical
Sceptical
Waiting
Dating
Natural
Unnatural
Nodding
Plodding
Dropping
Stopping
Flopping

Make sure that you share the link to them.
You've been keeping us in suspense all year over the shots that you've taken. I'd like to finally get a look at them :LOL:

Welcome aboard to everyone else who's going to join in - looks like it's going to be a bust one next year (y)

I've been wondering where they are too.I kept seeing you pop into the weekly challenge thread but wondered where the heck your pics were Kelack. I did a search but nada.

I have found 35 themed 52 threads I have subscribed to so far :) I must have missed a few though. Will keep my eyes peeled (y) Simon where is yours?

Would there be any chance of releasing week 2's theme a few days early? I'm off on holiday tomorrow, so my second entry is going to have to be skiing related....somehow :D

Chris

I'd quite like it earlier too.. Natural light runs out too early in the day for me to get out after work & having just one extra weekend day would be really handy!

So how has "present" got into the equation as it isn't in this thread :D
Trev just join in Mate ;)

Thanks (y) Should I start from week one?

It's totally up to you! There are no official requirements, you don't have to follow the themes if you don't want to, you can't get disqualified or anything :D

Have you own rules, if you want to catch up that's fine, if you don't, that's fine too! If you want to be a few weeks out with the rest of us, that's fine too (and will mean a bit of variety which is always good!). Your call (y)

Chris

It's totally up to you! There are no official requirements, you don't have to follow the themes if you don't want to, you can't get disqualified or anything :D

Have you own rules, if you want to catch up that's fine, if you don't, that's fine too! If you want to be a few weeks out with the rest of us, that's fine too (and will mean a bit of variety which is always good!). Your call (y)

Chris

Cheers mate (y)
Will definately start from week one and play catch up. Woohoo :clap:

Back