Photography Interview advice needed!!!!!! HELP

Edit My Images
No
March 4th Ive got myself an interview for Glasgow School of Art.

Any advice on how to be confident, act positive and be enthusiastic would be great!

Any key words to use either to show my enthusiasm for Photography would be great too... im not too great with words!

Im sh**ing it!

Just be yourself and be confident! I always find asking questions is good in interviews. Good luck

Maintain eye contact, without being creepy.

Dont talk negatively about anything, everything is fun and full of excitement for those 10 mins.

Take your camera gear with you and say you were going to head off after to take some pics of the area.

Just remember, the first 10 seconds count, the rest of the time is just a bonus to correct mistakes. (y)

Thanks guys!Much appreciated!

Would anyone go with a hand shake to introduce yourself?

Umm its hard to say, a hand shake at some point is a must id say, weather it be at the start or at the end. I would say go for the hand shake. A good firm handshake is a good sign of confidence.

Just be (as best you can be) relaxed, believe in yourself and don't worry if your a bit nervous and it shows, they are probably more than aware you'll be papping it.

Good luck (y)

your coursework wont be judged on your personality

the interview i think needs to bring out your commitment and any opinions on art and photography you have made...irrespective of level of knowledge...thats what you are there to learn

i took an interview for a job and thought i had lost it because i was asked...what do you know about such and such....i said i didnt but i would ask someone for the information if working there...

the interviewer told me that was a truthful and resourceful answer rather than fudge a wrong one guessing

i was given a broom and started right away

relax but dont try to be cool...handshakes are a bit passe now...just be presentable

how are you presenting your work?

i've got interviews for brighton and for manchester, manchester want a 5 min presentation but brighton want me to bugger off whilst they look at my work and then come back afterward.

talk about exibitions you have been to and artists you admire, thats a must x

Know a little about Charles Rennie MacIntosh. He designed the building and i think they are all rather proud of the connection.

You should be having mock interviews with your lecturer/teacher if not ask for some. I always give my students at least 2 interviews before they go for their proper interviews.

Questions you may be asked.

• Why do you want to do a degree?
  • Why do you want to come to Glasgow?
  • Which artist photographer has had the most influence on your work?
  • What are your most and least successful pieces of work?
  • What recent exhibitions have you been to?
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
  • Why should we choose you?
  • What do you know about the course you are applying for?
  • Do you have any questions for us (always have questions)
  • etc

Be enthusiastic, do not be negative, do not bull***t if you do not know what they are talking about ask them to rephrase their question, they expect you to be nervous so don’t be too worried about it.

Back