Photography round 6 - Black and white - closing date 11/09

S

Steve

After giving it some thought I have chosen Black and White as the theme for the next round.

This can be taken literally to mean black and white or you can submit a colour picture that says black and white, it’s up to you to use your creative skills but whatever you decide on, everyone should be able to enter this round.

To help some of the newer members here we already have a in depth tutorial to show you the main different ways of converting colour pictures to black and white. It can be viewed here

If anyone has any questions on the techniques shown there please start a new thread and I will do my best to help.

Rules and how to enter can be seen here

I hope this next round gets a good response. Make it a good one people :thumb:

I might just have a pop at that, I've just been doing a massive amount of reading on that very subject!

DaveG said:
Is the closing date meant to be 11/09? Good choice of subject by the way :thumb:

Yes sorry my mistake - corrected now :)

Thanks for the response on subject choice, at least that's two people that are happy, three if I count ;)

fingerz said:
You've been reading up on photography competitions? Is there a price guide for bribery amounts?

No, b & w.
If you need any help on losing competitions however, I'm your man!

Balck and White is good for me too, just about everyone should be able to do something for this!

I've been reading up a little on black and white over the past week (been reading a couple of 'Basic Photography' books, which are goldmine of learning tools which explain how things like the rule of thirds came about).

Anyway, looking forward to enter this one. I didn't get chance nor shot to enter the last one, so I've now got my thinking cap on.

I think that's a great subject Steve, and yes everyone should be able to come up with something for this round. Maybe next round I'll get at least two votes,lol :p ahhh it's just for fun, I enjoyed it! Looking forward to round 6.

Jewel.

When will voting close for this as I'll be on holiday till 17th Sept. Just wondering if there any point in entering this round as I might not be able to vote on others.

McMav said:
When will voting close for this as I'll be on holiday till 17th Sept. Just wondering if there any point in entering this round as I might not be able to vote on others.

Voting will close very close to 18:00 on Sunday the 18th so that will give you a full day in which to view the entries and get your votes in.

By the way, CT has very kindly offered to run this round. So all shouts of praise for the hard work can be directed at him aftrewards :)

gandhi said:
now, does B&W have to be pure black and white image or do some of my c41 process b&w's qualify?

Read the first post and decide for yourself ;)

Its just for fun and to learn, the members will judge so its them you have to please or win over. What does your gut feelings say?

Just to let you all know - there are 4 shots submitted so far, all with very different interpretations of the theme. I don't know whether I'll be able get anything to enter this round yet. I ought to really seeing as I'll be totting up the votes. :naughty:

CT said:
Just to let you all know - there are 4 shots submitted so far, all with very different interpretations of the theme. I don't know whether I'll be able get anything to enter this round yet. I ought to really seeing as I'll be totting up the votes. :naughty:
Yes Ct. I meant to PM you about that :LOL: .

I can be bought - but I'm not cheap! :whistling

:flipoff:

I might keep out of this round having seen the standard. :coat:

Didn't manage to enter the last one, too busy, I'll get something for this one though :)

CT said:
:flipoff:

I might keep out of this round having seen the standard. :coat:
Well I am holding back just a little before submitting mine, as yet i'm undecided on two but there are a couple of things happening here in the next couple of days that would fit in with the theme (not trying to give to much away) IF I could get a decent pic from them, there may be more indecision.

CT - I submitted one but I assume it's ok to email/pm etc if I want to change it? Having doubts :/

Thanks

David

milou said:
CT - I submitted one but I assume it's ok to email/pm etc if I want to change it? Having doubts :/

Thanks

David

That's fine Steve - e-mail your new entry and I'll bin your old one.

stevegreen said:
:LOL: Three of them must be good then :LOL:

damn beat me to it:naughty:

CT said:
That's fine Steve - e-mail your new entry and I'll bin your old one.

No its not!!!!!

You only have one submission and once in, it is not allowed to be changed. That has been the case from day one and two people that I know of have had to stick with their original entry after getting what they percieved to be a better shot later in the month.

Thats the gamble you take when you submit early.

Taken from the rules..

Once you have your entry ready (only one per member and once submitted no changes will be allowed), send it via email to competition@thephotographyforums.com and include your forum name. Any entries received that are to big, have names on the photo itself, do not have the members name included with the email, or that are received after the closing date will be rejected.

I will try to get some thing in... never shot on BW I'll try to make some shots... and lets see what happen jeje

;)

Steve said:
No its not!!!!!

You only have one submission and once in, it is not allowed to be changed. .

Ah... duly noted then. :icon_redf

The problem is that everyone can change their submisison on the last day and it up to the person running it to check and adjust all names, file sizes and then re-order them for uploading, if you only get 10 entries it will be bad enough, but imagine 30+

It will also make people consider their work and not submit "placeholders" which is just stupid and pointless.

Just to remind everyone that there are 11 days left to get your entries in for this round. Bags of time to get something submitted. Five entries received so far, but be advised the standard is high! :)

Exactly one week left to get your entries in folks. I've received 8 entries so far. I expected a mahoosive response given the great theme chosen for this round! :icon_eek:

I wasn't going to enter this round seeing as I'm counting the votes, but I might have to at this rate just to get the numbers up, and leave you guys to fight it out for 2nd and 3rd places. :LOL:

fnar fnar.

Back