Photography Show 2018

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
FYI, if anyone is interested in going to the photography show 2018 (dates are 17-20 march). I just booked the hilton over the lake for £300 for three nights. Not bad considering the premier inn nearby is currently at £380 odd.

I’ll certainly be going but luckily I’m close enough to just have to pay to park and drive which should cost more than about £60. £300 is rather steep, isn’t there other hotels close-ish by that could be reached by a cheap taxi?

I’ll certainly be going but luckily I’m close enough to just have to pay to park and drive which should cost more than about £60. £300 is rather steep, isn’t there other hotels close-ish by that could be reached by a cheap taxi?

Depends what you want from a hotel. The Travelodge at Birmingham Airport is £126 for the 3 nights, £160 if you want breakfast

I’ve just paid £250 for two nights in a hotel in Coventry for a show this weekend. The premier inn I stayed at last year has almost doubled its prices. I thought it was best to just book on as rooms were scarce already. And then I can always cancel the booking for free if I find something better.

I've already booked the Sunday night at the premier inn a few weeks back once I had seen the dates confirmed. Booking a few weeks ago a room on Sunday night was £34 (non refundable)which was a great price compared to the other nights, now that seems an absolute steal. The premier in is bit of a walk in but probably no worse than the walk from the car parking areas.

Normally I only go for a day but thought I would try two this year. Last year a day felt quite rushed trying to get around everything.

Photokina next year too, 26th-29th September

I've already booked the Sunday night at the premier inn a few weeks back once I had seen the dates confirmed. Booking a few weeks ago a room on Sunday night was £34 (non refundable)which was a great price compared to the other nights, now that seems an absolute steal. The premier in is bit of a walk in but probably no worse than the walk from the car parking areas.

Normally I only go for a day but thought I would try two this year. Last year a day felt quite rushed trying to get around everything.

I just looked at the premier inn, and it turned out to be cheaper, so I've booked that now and cancelled the Hilton. I've booked for the three nights though as I like to make a trip of it. Might not go to the show all 4 days, but will probably go a photo walk or something up near Birmingham.

FYI, if anyone is interested in going to the photography show 2018 (dates are 17-20 march). I just booked the hilton over the lake for £300 for three nights. Not bad considering the premier inn nearby is currently at £380 odd.
You're not planning on visiting the show for three days are you?

I find I'm bored after three hours...

I don't yet. I tend to want to see things on different days. I'll tend to go to the professional networking events too. May as well seeing as I don't pay for entry.

I had an email today from the photography show with an early bird offer and a multi day offer too (additional days at 50% of the standard £13.95 advance price). I normally wait for Nikon/canon to release their discount codes closer to the show but the multi day price made is cheaper than the discounted price I usually pay, and with a room booked I'm going anyway so thought I would book early for once. It was a shame the early bird discount price didn't apply to multi day purchases, would have been nice if it applied to the first day with the extra days at the 50% normal price.

I just registered for my business pass for the 4 days. I've booked into both the Premier Inn and the Hilton now. Hilton has a pool and gym, and is closer to all the restaurants, but the Premier Inn is £111 cheaper. But technically this will be classed as a business cost so should get it back against the business anyway. Both have free cancellation up until the 15th of March so I'm waiting to hear what others are doing and where they are staying before I make a decision.

Was going to book tickets for the Saturday, but can't find any discount codes for it yet. Anyone come across a discount code yet? If not, I'll have another look in a couple of weeks..

Remember parking is FREE at Marston Green station - just 5min nominal fee train ride away from NEC. No need to pay rip off parking fees with all the hassle of miles long queues!

Remember parking is FREE at Marston Green station - just 5min nominal fee train ride away from NEC. No need to pay rip off parking fees with all the hassle of miles long queues!

If I go at the weekend I usually park at the station joined to the NEC as it cheaper

I'm tempted to go up by train but it depedns on what I buy!

If I go at the weekend I usually park at the station joined to the NEC as it cheaper

I'm tempted to go up by train but it depedns on what I buy!

I believe this is no longer the case. It used to be...

never been to one.. always scared of spending money i dont need to :)

Reactions: dkh
It looks like Adobe are not there this year which is a little disappointing.

It looks like Adobe are not there this year which is a little disappointing.
They are on the list of exhibitors and they have the Adobe theatre listed too.

https://www.photographyshow.com/exhibitors/adobe

I did notice there is a photo editing theatre this year too, perhaps that’s because the show feels there are more to editing and it requires a specific show theatre.

I wonder when the full programme is out. I go for two days but need to buy a ticket for my other half and guessing which day will have some quality speakers is a bit tricky.

I wonder when the full programme is out. I go for two days but need to buy a ticket for my other half and guessing which day will have some quality speakers is a bit tricky.
The app is live now, so you can see the line up for each day. As I said before I'm up for the full four days so if anyone fancies a coffee/beer and a chat then drop me a line.

I'll be flying back from south america so I hope to make it for the Monday. I usually only go for one day, catch up with some suppliers and try and see the best deals, if any.

The good thing is I can drive there in about 25 minutes. Then cry about the parking fee (which I usually find a way to dodge, legally. Might even get the train in, especially if my car battery is dead as it usually is after being away for ages.

Just thinking about it I usually go on the weekend but I am thinking it may be better to go on the Tuesday are there likely to be better deals on the Tuesday form some of the exhibitors?

Thinking i will be going with a mate on the saturday and spending most of the day there then nipping next door to comic con partly for a mooch and partly to try and get some cosplay photos. The other half may also join us if she can get someone who is interested in spending most of the day at comic con as she has no real interested in going to the photography show

Driving over and paid for the parking for £12 (express parking sold out) - new forest to brummie land isn't too far so about a 5 hour trip all in both ways.

Back