Photography Show 2018

Someone had a similar problem at a show with Fujifilm

Dealer was advertising double cashback, but Fuji didn't know anything about the offer
In this case the buyer was fortunate that they found photos taken at the show with the double cashback offer sign clearly visible

Eventually it was settled, not sure who paid up, but the buyer got the rebate as promised

Does seem that comms between manufacturers Global, Regional arms and dealers it pretty poor across the whole industry.

Thanks to everyone who dropped into the vanguard stand and introduced themselves as TP members - bigger thank you to those who went home with a bag or tripod

I bought one of your bags yesterday, really happy with it. You will probably remember me as the one who couldn’t make my mind up between the altasky 49 and 53, even down to getting my friend to take a photo of the bag on my back to see which one didn’t look too big on me lol.

At the very least having a photographic record adds some weight to the "claim" but as you say just who paid out???

Just looked it up again and it was Fuji who honoured the deal and paid the cashback

Just looked it up again and it was Fuji who honoured the deal and paid the cashback

Interesting and good that it was honoured.

Though the (apparent) lack of clarity with the Canon offer is odd as nothing about double cashback is obvious on the Canon website.

The doubling of the official cashback I think I recall being done before but I thought it was the retailer matching the Canon figure.....the retailers may have had supplier support to run that offer but where anyone, show visitors or not, can claim the Canon amount just how do the show stand buyers claim their extra amount???

Interesting and good that it was honoured.

Though the (apparent) lack of clarity with the Canon offer is odd as nothing about double cashback is obvious on the Canon website.

The doubling of the official cashback I think I recall being done before but I thought it was the retailer matching the Canon figure.....the retailers may have had supplier support to run that offer but where anyone, show visitors or not, can claim the Canon amount just how do the show stand buyers claim their extra amount???

All hearsay from buyer and seller, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but maybe should have asked for something in writing.
Easy for me to say knowing of a previous instance, it was a Camera World trade show at the Connaught Rooms, London.
Most people have smartphones these days so prudent to take a quick photo of any promotional documentation

Last edited:
I went along yesterday again. Was quite quiet which was probably down to the weather but meant that it was easy to get around easily and spend time paying with a few things. Sat in on a couple of talks which were good, Damian McGillicuddy being quite amusing. Only bought a reflector but came away with a couple of supplier options.

I went along yesterday again. Was quite quiet which was probably down to the weather but meant that it was easy to get around easily and spend time paying with a few things. Sat in on a couple of talks which were good, Damian McGillicuddy being quite amusing. Only bought a reflector but came away with a couple of supplier options.
I guess it might be today and tomorrow aswell as I suspect most will travel at the weekend for this sort of event

All hearsay from buyer and seller, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but maybe should have asked for something in writing.
Easy for me to say knowing of a previous instance, it was a Camera World trade show at the Connaught Rooms, London.
Most people have smartphones these days so prudent to take a quick photo of any promotional documentation

Had a chat with Wex this morning. It’s not up to date yet with 2018 show be the link for double cashback is

https://www.canon.co.uk/cashback/photography-show-exclusive/

Wasn’t expecting to see a D850 for £2999 (LCE) might be coming home with one now instead of going grey!

Had a chat with Wex this morning. It’s not up to date yet with 2018 show be the link for double cashback is

https://www.canon.co.uk/cashback/photography-show-exclusive/

Good that link is there!

I spoke to my brother and he said that the proof of purchase receipt will show it was bought at TPS and will trigger the double cashback when you attach the scan of the receipt to your online claim.

If only I could have justified a 5D4........c'est la vie until 2019

Good that link is there!

I spoke to my brother and he said that the proof of purchase receipt will show it was bought at TPS and will trigger the double cashback when you attach the scan of the receipt to your online claim.

If only I could have justified a 5D4........c'est la vie until 2019

I feel your pain. I sat for ages deliberating the 5D4 but had to settle for the 6D2! One day!

I bought one of your bags yesterday, really happy with it. You will probably remember me as the one who couldn’t make my mind up between the altasky 49 and 53, even down to getting my friend to take a photo of the bag on my back to see which one didn’t look too big on me lol.
Haha nice one - yeah, was satisfying to see people look at the bags, walk round and try everything else then come back at the end of the day having considered all options. (y) Hope you enjoy it.

i picked up a tenba messenger 13 for a walkaround bag, only 20 quid off in the graphite colour but much more heavily discounted in copper and olive green. I went graphite just because the other colours weren't nice at all. I had planned on a sirui monopod too as that was down to about 93 quid for the 324 but by the time i had decided and gone to buy one they had sold out. Enjoyed the show as a first time attendee, was good to play with a couple of expensive toys and i also got to have a look at a few presentation piece type things for when i do weddings in future.

£4999 with 2x 128GB XQDs (LCE)

Thanks Danny for that. By an interesting coincidence I just came off the phone to LCE in Exeter. They have the camera (at the same price as the show) but not the memory cards. Do you know if they have the cards at the show? Sorry to be a nuisance!

@Mighty_Blighty

I just noticed on the linked page that it lists 3 retailers and WEX is not one of them!!!???

It’s still the last years version. Wex were the price list they were using at the canon stand when trying out the cameras

Phew!

Oops, just re-read it and 2017 is noted :coat:

Last edited:
Thanks Danny for that. By an interesting coincidence I just came off the phone to LCE in Exeter. They have the camera (at the same price as the show) but not the memory cards. Do you know if they have the cards at the show? Sorry to be a nuisance!

Definitely saw 64GBs don’t know about the 128s.

Definitely saw 64GBs don’t know about the 128s.

Thanks mate. I just spoke to the folks on the LCE stand. They have the cards but no camera :D But they told me they will ship the camera in the next couple of days if I went ahead. So I might go over tomorrow :)

I managed to pick up 2 or 3 great film cameras at the Disabled Photographers Society stand - some gems if you were willing to have a rummage lol.

I picked up a Manfrotto 4 series traveller monopod from wex on offer, really pleased with it and cheaper than anywhere online, I was disappoint at all the flipside backpacks being out of stock but lowepro said they would be able to ship one to the retailers this week if I wanted one and honour the show pricing which is good, a bag appeared on my radar I had not looked at before but the nice lady at the lowepro stand really new her stuff (some people there I think are just drafted in to make the numbers ?) the pro tactic 450 I never realised is a rear entry plus top and side so quick clever design so going to review that tonight online

Out of interest, how much were they selling the Protactic 450 for?

Haha nice one - yeah, was satisfying to see people look at the bags, walk round and try everything else then come back at the end of the day having considered all options. (y) Hope you enjoy it.

I have just started transferring my stuff over and so far am extremely happy with the bag. Would recommend it to anyone.

£150 which checking online is definitely cheapest you will get one

It is. I bought one a week ago for £167 which was the cheapest online at the time

Considering that their lens selection remains the best selling point of Canon, I did think their stand did a poor job selling said lens line-up. What looked like a incomplete section on request behind an over-cramped counter and no information to tempt or guide if you didn't already have a particular mode in mind.

I thought the same thing on the Nikon stand and gave up waiting for a rep to talk to about a query I had.

I visited today, enjoyed it more than last year.

The Pixapro version of the AD600 PRO was £750 (£50 off) and they wouldn’t go lower than that. I’m probably going to go with the Lencarta offer (expires 24/3).

I spoke with both Production Gear (Kupo stands) and Crumpler (backpack) and got discounts for stuff that I can order online. The Production Gear rep just said to email or call him on Weds for VAT free price and Crumpler was 20% off with free shipping. These companies don’t bring their full range to the show but these are a good way of still getting a deal this week.

It’s still the last years version. Wex were the price list they were using at the canon stand when trying out the cameras
Thank you! - I stumped up £500 with £150 cash back on a printer, and stupidly didn't get 'photographic' evidence of the offer, you have put my mind at rest! I thought I was imagining it! Thank you.

I thought the same thing on the Nikon stand and gave up waiting for a rep to talk to about a query I had.

Always a difficult balance between having enough and or too many tech people there, especially as the days are student , consumer, pro orientated. Plus when they are there they’re not at their day posts. Nikon School has closed for about 6 days for the show.

Canon have got back in touch. They are having problems updating their Photography Show Exclusive website.

If you email cashback@claim-lookup.com and they will send you a form. Fill it out, send it back with proof of purchase from photography show and they will process.

They also send you a tracking login to track the request. Mines in progress for the full double cashback amount. Hope this helps anyone else wondering!

I went to the show on Sunday with a cheap ticket I found on eBay for £6.50. I'm currently in the market for a mirrorless camera and wanted to test all the latest offerings from the main manufacturers. I was a bit concerned about whether there would be 'queues' to use the cameras, but thankfully that turned out not to be true! I did however have to play the waiting game on multiple occasions to use the A7III as not surprisingly it was popular amongst visitors to the Sony stand.

I had hoped the manufacturers would've gone to more of an effort to create some extravagant setups for us to photograph. Fujifilm were the only ones I thought bothered to produce something interesting. I have never been to the show before so maybe I just expected more. Sony had a guy doing BMX tricks which was good to test the super-fast shooting on the A7III.

I thought it was daft how Sigma had such antiquated cameras set up on their super-telephoto zooms, how are we supposed to get a decent idea of performance with cameras from like 15 years ago?

The highlight of the show for me was the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 smartphone gimbal, I might have to order one of those! :D

In regards to purchasing a new camera, my choice settles down to either waiting for the A7III to drop vastly in price on grey-import sites, or hanging on for a successor to the Canon EOS M5, however long that might take?

Last edited:
I went for the second year running and really enjoyed it. Spent some time at Nikon (sadly no news on the D750 replacement) and a lot of time at Hasselblad which was quite eye opening. I didn’t go to buy anything and didn’t spend any money apart from lunch.

Back