Photography Show 2020 (Film)

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Just wondered if any of the F&C section are heading to the photography show this year?

Was listening to the Sunny 16 podcast and it seems like Saturday will be the liveliest day, and all the analogue people will be co-located in a same area, rather than spread all over.

So I'm planning to go on Saturday to have a nose around and maybe poke an Intrepid. Anyone else thinking of going?

Edit to add: @Andysnap has made this into a F&C meetup as it looks like there'll be two or three people there. Saturday is the day if you're interested in joining in. If you want your name on the list and I've missed you off, just tag me, or PM me.

Edit (confirmed) Attendees:

Saturday
@Andysnap + @Mrs Snap (a twofer)
@sirch
@Woodsy
@stevelmx5 (has a stand so forced to be there)
@FishyFish
@RaglanSurf
@simon ess

Sunday
@Tilz
@stevelmx5

Last edited:
Work permitting we'll be going (y)

I'll be there for all four days on my own Chroma 'Pod' on the Analogue Showcase stand ;)

Along with me, Stephen Dowling will have a pod for Kosmo Foto, Hamish Gill with Pixlatr, Paul from Analogue Wonderland, Rachel from Sunny 16 (possibly) with her caravan darkroom and a few others too. Sam from Solarcan has his own stand alongside us, as does Max from Intrepid. I know of a few others who may be coming along for the Showcase too but they're not confirmed yet.

I'll have a few Chroma "Advanced" with me for people to get hands on with, along with some "Snapshots" and, possibly, another camera. I'm also hoping to have ChromaGraphica dry plate holders with me in all 3 sizes.

Adjustments.JPG

This is the layout the TPS organisers are working on :)

There will also be multiple 15 minute talks throughout the days (8 per day) from different analogue speakers on the stands. I haven’t seen a full list of who’s doing them all yet but I think I’m doing a few over the 4 days.

Last edited:
Haven't decided but might well do if there is an F&C meet-up :)

Let's make it so then. I shall make sure I am not working on the Saturday then Jan and I will be there.(y)

Is there an airstrip at the NEC for us foreigners to drop in?

I’ve just got this special code for us analogue types off the organisers for a 20% discount on tickets;

CHROMATPS20

(Updated code to my own that I’ve just received)

(This code will take 20% off advance standard single day tickets only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, including concession prices and multi-day tickets. Applies to adult rate only. Code expires at midnight on Wednesday 11th March 2020.)

See you all there [emoji1303]

Last edited:
Birmingham Airport and the train to the NEC?

I haven't even attempted to look at train connections to the NEC.

The flights alone direct to Birmingham are far from direct…...Outward is over 5 hours via spain and the return is over 6 hours via paris with a change of airport!!!

I haven't even attempted to look at train connections to the NEC.

The flights alone direct to Birmingham are far from direct…...Outward is over 5 hours via spain and the return is over 6 hours via paris with a change of airport!!!
They've got to make time for crop spraying somehow!

I'm thinking about going this year. I'll probably drop my wife off to look at the shops in the town centre while I look at the interesting stuff.

How will you hide the stuff you buy? Secret compartment in the boot?

I could take my camera bag, but not put anything in it. :D

I could do that too but fleabyjet charge the same for a suitcase even if its empty, not that one suitcase would be sufficient!:naughty:

I could take my camera bag, but not put anything in it. :D

......why do I encourage the Current Mrs Snap to be interested enough to come with me ? An empty camera bag will not work....:runaway:

......why do I encourage the Current Mrs Snap to be interested enough to come with me ? An empty camera bag will not work....:runaway:

I guess the Current And Immediate Future Mrs Snap lets you buy stuff. You're lucky.

I'm reminded of a student on one of my beginner courses who borrowed her husband's gear to come on the course. She turned up with a 5D4, a 70-200 f2.8L and a 24-70 f2.8L. When I did the lesson about lenses and their differences, I went to Camerpricebuster to show how you can look at the prices and to illustrate the price difference between a .2.8 variant lens and the 4-5.6 variants.

Sturent: "Wait. Hold on. Can you zoom in on that?"
Me: Zooms in on the Canon page
Student: "What the f**k? Did that c**t spend that much f*****g money on camera gear? He f*****g said it was cheap. When I get home he's f******g dead!! B*****d!!"
Class: "..."

Until that point, I'd never heard the See You Next Tuesday word in the classroom.
Hey - I derailed my own thread...

That's the reason I'm reluctant to buy 'pre-owned' top-end camera gear... the possibility it's been used to beat its previous owner to death! :giggle:

Last edited:
I suppose you can understand her annoyance, after all, as a beginner she'd have probably been better off with the 24-70 f4 L as it's got image stabilisation. ;)

Last edited:
I wouldn't normally pop into a thread where I've no involvement, but I can't help wondering whether there's scope for someone to collect all of the LF kit currently for sale by Nguss and divvy it up to the prospective buyers at the Photography Show? Just an idea, mind. :thinking:

I wouldn't normally pop into a thread where I've no involvement,

I beleive it's OK to do so providing you're happy to comply with the regulations and FEES laid down by the OP :runaway: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'll update the OP with attendees so we can see what's what and who's going.

I'm guessing Saturday is the day?

No need for filmies only. We'll wave sadly at you digiographers as you wander off to the techno stands, but it would be nice to meet any TPers that are going.

Anyone definitely going who hasn't booked yet?

Yes, I do have a reason for asking in case you wondered?

I'll update the OP with attendees so we can see what's what and who's going.

I'm guessing Saturday is the day?

No need for filmies only. We'll wave sadly at you digiographers as you wander off to the techno stands, but it would be nice to meet any TPers that are going.
You can delete the question mark by my name. I'm going because I'm on the lookout for a digital camera :eek: and also to make sure @Andysnap doesn't spend too much! We're going on the Saturday.

Last edited:
If anyone intends going and hasn't bought tickets yet let me know please
All I ask is they get used, today's were hard copies, but the older ones are in pdf version so can be emailed
No names on them and valid for any one day of the show

Back