Photography Show 2020 (Film)

All booked here as well. Thanks @stevelmx5 :)

Awesome, see you there. At the moment, I’m planning to take;

1) Chroma 4x5 “Advanced” - Current retail camera, including my brand new printed bellows (I’m still deciding what pattern/image to print on the bellows);

Adjustments.JPG

(This is the “McChroma Edition” which is going out to the new owner tomorrow)

2) Chroma “Snapshot” camera

Adjustments.JPG

3) Something else from the Chroma 4x5 range, as yet unshared [emoji6]

4) ChromaGraphica double dry plate holders in all 3 sizes.

IMG_1959.JPG

Whilst I won’t have stock cameras to take away from the show, I will be selling them for a special reduced TPS price [emoji1303] Also, if you get in quick, I’ll have some smaller items available too.

*imagines the sound that a cross between an accordion and bagpipes might make, and shudders* Well, it's bound to get attention at the show, but I'm not too sure about the tartan bellows option! ;)

Last edited:
*imagines the sound that a cross between an accordion and bagpipes might make, and shudders* Well, it's bound to get attention at the show, but I'm not too sure about the tartan bellows option! ;)

Funnily enough, my wife made the same bagpipes/accordion comparison yesterday when I folded them :D It's the family tartan for the photographer receiving the camera so he's happy with them. I'm probably going to go for something slightly less traditional for the show cameras though!

Joking aside, I think that would probably be a real attention grabber on an exhibition stand; so if you think it's worthwhile then perhaps print another tartan job? (y)

4) ChromaGraphica double dry plate holders in all 3 sizes.
Apologies if everyone knows this except me, but would this be linked to the email from Analogue Wonderland today regarding them now stocking dry plates and suggessting we might need to buy some holders? :whistle:

Apologies if everyone knows this except me, but would this be linked to the email from Analogue Wonderland today regarding them now stocking dry plates and suggessting we might need to buy some holders? :whistle:

I'd say they bare a slight relationship ;) Paul has started stocking Jasons' dry plates, and will also be stocking the ChromaGraphica holders once they're ready for retail.

I would reckon the answer is Yes Peter.

I hope to try out the 25 iso plates ( there are others rated at iso 2) so if the 4x5 holders are going to be available from Steve, I'll be up for purchasing one at some point ( I won't be at the NEC!)

https://analoguewonderland.co.uk/collections/all/products/j-lane-speed-plates-4x5-plate-film-iso-25

I would reckon the answer is Yes Peter.

I hope to try out the 25 iso plates ( there are others rated at iso 2) so if the 4x5 holders are going to be available from Steve, I'll be up for purchasing one at some point ( I won't be at the NEC!)

https://analoguewonderland.co.uk/collections/all/products/j-lane-speed-plates-4x5-plate-film-iso-25

Thanks Asha, much appreciated.

If anyone didn't see the latest Kickstarter update, we've been pushed back by a couple of weeks due to one of the 8 moulds getting damaged when the manufacturer tested them out. We were hoping to receive the moulded prototype parts before they shutdown for Chinese New Year but it hasn't happened unfortunately. I'm still pushing them to stick to our timetable (we factored in a few extra weeks for issues) and, hopefully, express ship holders once they're ready so that we can get the early bird backer rewards out as soon as possible. I'm also hoping that I'll have at least one of each size holder with me at the NEC for everyone to take a look at. Jason is also sending me some exposed example plates, and one of his wooden drying racks, so they can also be on the stand to look at.

I'm going on the Sunday, I'm at work Saturday

One ticket left, any takers before its gets offered up elsewhere

I'm going on the Sunday, I'm at work Saturday
:( I've updated the OP with additional days so that folks going on other days can choose to meet up too if they like.

I'll be there on the Saturday.

Thanks but no thanks. I've already got one thing that is slow, difficult and frustrating so I don't need something else too! ;)
Comedy gold :LOL:

Righto, will offer up the other ticket elsewhere, hope you all have a good meet up

Out of interest, are people taking cameras along to this? I'm not really of the mind to lug my LF kit around all day... but curious in any case to see what you all are planning on taking.

I took my M3 last year and some 3200 to do a bit of "streety" stuff. I also bought a 35mm Ultron and the Voigtlander VCII meter so I got to play with them immediately!

There's lots of people with cameras kicking about so it's not unusual to be seen taking photos and thus an "easier" environment to do candid work.

Hmm, ok.

I'll definitely leave the LF at home then... busy show + tripod + slow film + cost per frame = no chance! I might take the F5 though...

I was planning on taking my Sony Nex-5 with a small prime as it's not too big or heavy to carry round the show all day

I'll definitely leave the LF at home then... busy show + tripod + slow film + cost per frame

Cheap box of fomapan and there's a cracking opportunity there to grab a few interesting long exposure people/ crowd shots.;)

It's not often one has gets the chance to play with some long exposures in busy crowded spaces without grief from joe public or authorative figures.

It's a shame I can't get there as i would have a wail of a time.:naughty:

Out of interest, are people taking cameras along to this? I'm not really of the mind to lug my LF kit around all day... but curious in any case to see what you all are planning on taking.

There were a lot of analogue cameras around last year when we all met up with the Sunny 16 guys to walk around the stands. I'd definitely say take the F5 over the LF kit though because it's pretty tight between stands so you might struggle getting a tripod in place. There will be space, and chairs, on the Analogue Spotlight though ;0)

I will probably take something old, awkward and annoying..... (fill in own punchline here:D) probably something in a Voigtlander flavour.

Has the other ticket gone yet mate? I'll be going along with the Mrs (on the Saturday I think) but a friend of mine hasn't bought his ticket yet, so just thought I'd ask :) (y)

Think so Mike, if not you can have first refusal

There were a lot of analogue cameras around last year when we all met up with the Sunny 16 guys to walk around the stands. I'd definitely say take the F5 over the LF kit though because it's pretty tight between stands so you might struggle getting a tripod in place. There will be space, and chairs, on the Analogue Spotlight though ;0)
And if he's struggling to see one of the demonstrations he can always stand on the F5 and gain about a foot in height! ;)

Back