Photography Show 2022 17th-20th September at the NEC

Ha, I have just purchased my tickets as it has been so hectic work and family wise over the last few months. Trouble is, I think I can only make the Tuesday now (and that is sneaking time off work) so all the good stuff will have gone :-(

Ha, I have just purchased my tickets as it has been so hectic work and family wise over the last few months. Trouble is, I think I can only make the Tuesday now (and that is sneaking time off work) so all the good stuff will have gone :-(
That' a shame

I think I'll be there on the Saturday if anyone wants to meet up.

All things being equal I will be there with my daughter on the Monday

I should be there if they don't again embrace the madness and require muzzles and / or sinus stabbing. I don't think I will forgive them for last year that easily and will never forget.

BTW. My ticket comes free as a professional. Wouldn't pay a penny after that.

From what I remember of last year, we had to show evidence of inoculation and maybe wear a mask (not sure we did though), to get in, it certainly wasn't a faff.
Depending on whether I have moved house by then (looking increasingly unlikely,) I'll be there on Saturday but maybe Sunday as well.

From what I remember of last year, we had to show evidence of inoculation and maybe wear a mask (not sure we did though), to get in, it certainly wasn't a faff.
Depending on whether I have moved house by then (looking increasingly unlikely,) I'll be there on Saturday but maybe Sunday as well.
Yes, I didn't think it was grim at all. There weren't so many exhibitors. The queue management outside was strange ie telling us all to squash up - most just refused. I was just happy to be able to have a wander around a meet up with someone we hadn't seen for ages.

From what I remember of last year, we had to show evidence of inoculation and maybe wear a mask
That's kind of big deal. They were one of very few companies actively enforcing vaccine passports and thank God that travesty got torn off for now. You don't just forget such an insult to liberty

Reactions: TG.
Hope to go. I'd better get my skates on and book.

Does anybody know where to find a floor plan for the Show? I like to work out my route as the knee no longer does unlimited mileage.

There was a floor plan last year but I can't find one for this year, may be closer to the time?

Just to add that I'll be there on Saturday the 17th and it would be great to meet up for a brew if anyone else is there

@sirch Chris maybe we should get a small banner to unfurl if we are in the coffee/refreshment area? Or at least a table tripod with a piece of card attached? I think I'll try to knock something up.
I'll be there Saturday definitely, as we aren't moving in the foreseeable future.

@sirch Chris maybe we should get a small banner to unfurl if we are in the coffee/refreshment area? Or at least a table tripod with a piece of card attached? I think I'll try to knock something up.
I'll be there Saturday definitely, as we aren't moving in the foreseeable future.
Tabletop roller banner, is what you guys need :) Not expensive, and can be used as often as you like.
We use solo press for our work ones.

Not a bad idea, I guess the organisers and paying exhibitors won't be put out by something table top sized.

Looks like Solo Press would charge £24.40 for an A4 one delievered by next Friday (9th). Tempting. I'm rubbish at artwork though, although it would mainly be our logo. Do you want a go Chris? @sirch

I've not found a floorplan either. There's been one in the free Photography News paper in earlier years (we haven't been since 2019). We're probably going this year, on Monday most likely, but that's mainly to see the Birmingham bull before it gets moved under cover.

Email just arrived
We are deeply saddened by the news of the passing of Her Majesty the Queen, on 8 September. Our thoughts and condolences go out to all members of the Royal Family at this time.
We don't yet know which day the funeral will be, but if it falls during one of the show's open days, we feel it is only right and fitting that we close our doors for that day to allow all our visitors, exhibitors and staff to pay their respects.
The show will run as planned on the other three days. For anyone who has an entry ticket to the show, your ticket is valid on any day, so you do not need to do anything. However, if you have booked tickets to a Super Stage session, or a Masterclass, we will be in touch to transfer your booking where possible, if required.

We trust that our visitors and exhibitors are in agreement that this is the right decision for all concerned.

We very much look forward to welcoming you to The Photography Show & The Video Show this year.

I believe the Funeral will be the Monday.

There was a floorplan that came with the tickets (seems to be missing things or the print is too small), but I doubt we will be going now. September is a bad time for us to visit the show (the old time worked for us), and the weekend is impossible, leaving only Monday and Tuesday. Clearly Monday is now out, and it's not worth going for just the last day.

Still can't find a plan....
:plus1:

The copy that came with the tickets is the only one I've got. I do recall that one year there was a plan on the site, but it was either very well hidden or required you to actually know the url to find it - I can't recall which. I certainly haven't found one on line yet, although given I'm unlikely to attend it's not too important to me.

:plus1:

The copy that came with the tickets is the only one I've got. I do recall that one year there was a plan on the site, but it was either very well hidden or required you to actually know the url to find it - I can't recall which. I certainly haven't found one on line yet, although given I'm unlikely to attend it's not too important to me.
I will check that email again.

I had my ticket arrive in the post with a floorplan and list of exhibitors today. I recall that a bigger version is in the show programme you get on entry.

Up until COVID and the recent change to September I'd been for several years running, going back to the days of 'Focus on Imaging'. I've always enjoyed the show, mainly spending time going between talks. Sadly the new September date isn't good with me so I will be missing another year. I do wonder if the new September date has a bigger or lower turnout compared to March but its probably a bit unfair to compare with only two years, one straight after COVID and the other this years unfortunate timing. I'm guessing the days will be busier this year with it being 3 days instead of 4.

How are people's recent experiences with show 'deals' for bigger ticket items? If they are available (and I'm not sure as I've never been), am I expecting too much to hope that they'd compare reasonably well with the kind of prices you'd be able to get from the likes of Panamoz/e-infin etc? Specifically, thinking about the likes of the Canon R5.

How are people's recent experiences with show 'deals' for bigger ticket items? If they are available (and I'm not sure as I've never been), am I expecting too much to hope that they'd compare reasonably well with the kind of prices you'd be able to get from the likes of Panamoz/e-infin etc? Specifically, thinking about the likes of the Canon R5.
I've not seen any great deals on cameras and lenses in recent years. There are sometimes deals on bags and accessories, especially people selling off older stock. For me it's really a chance to get hands-on before making a purchase and to see lots of things I didn't know I needed ;)

Back