Photoshop experts!

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
This is probably a dumb question, and i apologise if it is !!!!

Is there any way of opening a RAW file created on an EOS20D directly in Photoshop 6 or 7 ? Is there a plug in or something ? They are created as .CR2 files

Thanks in advance, ill get me coat and book the taxi just in case it was a dumb question ! ;) lol

there is a plug in i think, but i cant think what it is!!!

/scurries off to findit

There is an addon that you can download to make Photoshop CS open Canon CR2 files, you have to register now to get it though. other options include using Canon Phot Professinal which should have come with your 20D and it quite a good program or have a look at Raw Shooter Pro which has been written by the same guy that wrote Capture 1. This is currently a free download and worth getting to know as it is very advanced and capable of doing some stunning RAW convertions.

I will dig you up a link now...

It's really worth upgrading to CS for raw support... worth every penny.

Jings Pook!, you can get excellent RAW support without spending hundreds of pounds on Photoshop.

BreezeBrowser or Capture One for example both do a superior job of converting RAW files than Adobes' plugin.

Steep said:
Jings Pook!, you can get excellent RAW support without spending hundreds of pounds on Photoshop.

BreezeBrowser or Capture One for example both do a superior job of converting RAW files than Adobes' plugin.

Yes, you can... but you also get CS itself.... which, as I said, is worth every penny.

Re: PS/CS...If you can't afford it, PM me and we'll have a chat

Back