Photoshop Script for Border (with Exif data)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thanks again, playing with this now. Won't hold you back from your good work!

Ok my new Javascript guru Paul R. has just sent me two functions one of which big cow is showing off above (Drop Shadows) and the other is a function to resize the VIEW to fit the picture on the screen better at the end of the script (When you load a large photo into photoshop it displays it at say 25% or 33% so you can see it! When you run the script and it reduces the size to maybe 800x600 from 3500x2500 it is STILL AT 25% so the picture shrinks.). I have had to mess with some other sections of the script for it all to work but it will be all sorted for the release of version 1.2 as I had hoped!

This second one is for you Psybear!

Ok my new Javascript guru Paul R. has just sent me two functions one of which big cow is showing off above (Drop Shadows) and the other is a function to resize the VIEW to fit the picture on the screen better at the end of the script (When you load a large photo into photoshop it displays it at say 25% or 33% so you can see it! When you run the script and it reduces the size to maybe 800x600 from 3500x2500 it is STILL AT 25% so the picture shrinks.). I have had to mess with some other sections of the script for it all to work but it will be all sorted for the release of version 1.2 as I had hoped!

This second one is for you Psybear!

Honoured! (y) Look forward to trying it.

Currently aiming for release on Wednesday of next week:

Drop Shadow now pretty much sorted, autosave "ask for filename" was already done!.

Now just have these to do:

EBS script editor not completed.
In USER DATA editor the screen display is not perfectly in line!
Finish CONTACT SHEET GENERATOR.
Finish WEB PAGE PHOTO GALLERY GENERATOR.

Hopefully ALL done for next week :)

I thought I would give you some teasers....

Contact Sheet setup screen:

CSscreen.png

Contact Sheet done:

CSdemo.jpg

Drop Shadow done:

DSdemo.jpg

oh and the contact sheet setup screen does not match the example output because they were not from the same run :)

CS2 & Elements users

Try copying the contents of the Cowlib directory into the scripts directory..... I have been running some compatibility tests and this seems to be fixing it. May need a PATH command if this works pointing to the cowlib dir or just leave them where they are...

Web photo gallery creator now working too ready for version 1.2

This is a screen shot of the setup screen:

IF you are running Web Gallery Creator alongside EBS scripts (the border scripts) then it will populate several of the boxes from your personal details otherwise they are left blank.

PGscreen.PNG

This is a screen shot of the result.

PStease.PNG

Well I was looking to release version 1.2 around now BUT it is going to be delayed shortly as I am changing the editor dramatically and making as many of the boxes drop downs etc to make it simpler for people to change the scripts without breaking anything.

I am really quite a way through it but there is still quite a bit to go. Just lost another evening doing open heart surgery on a magsafe PSU for my daughter's macbook :)

I am also downloading windows 7 so I should be able to confirm compatibility with that OS too......

Well I am getting to the point of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I think you will all find this a great deal easier to use now.

I still haven't finished but this is close to what the EBS Editor will look like.

PAGE 1

EBSpage1.png

PAGE 2

EBSpage2.png

There are a few things that have appeared since the last version but I am going to do a full set of instructions as a PDF. I am NOT going to delay releasing the next version in order to do the manual but the manual will be available on my site about a week after release. I am happy to do this as most people don't read the manual anyway :)

Still open to ideas if people have any but this is the current position

All bugs notified fixed
NEW graphical border (you design and save as a graphic)
NEW drop shadow border
Left and Right text can be replaced by fixed string.
NEW Contact sheet script
NEW panel script
NEW web album script
NEW full graphical USER DATA.lib Editor (see earlier in the thread)
NEW full graphical script editor
NEW batch processor script (run a batch on ANY EBS script)
NEW script installer - AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLs

Hi,
I'm using Elements 7 on Vista. I've installed in scripts dir and changes permissions on scripts dir. The scripts start to run when I go to File -> open -> EBS ......js but then crash - with an error - for example... after running "EBS - default.js" I get the following:

The command "Get" is not currently available.
Line 53:
-> var h_state=docRef.activeHistoryState;

Any ideas? It has added the some border changes to my image, but no exif data at this stage.

Hi,
I'm using Elements 7 on Vista. I've installed in scripts dir and changes permissions on scripts dir. The scripts start to run when I go to File -> open -> EBS ......js but then crash - with an error - for example... after running "EBS - default.js" I get the following:

The command "Get" is not currently available.
Line 53:
-> var h_state=docRef.activeHistoryState;

Any ideas? It has added the some border changes to my image, but no exif data at this stage.
That sounds like you have an old library file OR it cannot find it. On Elements copy all the files out of the cowlib folder into the scripts folder and try again. Any more problems let me know... In fact let me know either way so I can make sure I get the instructions right for Elements. Hopefully the new version will be ready in about another week :)

Hmmm - I already tried that. I put all of the .js files in the script directory and then put the cowlib folder in there too. Then when that didnt work, I copied the files from the cowlib folder and put them in the scripts folder. Got same behaviour either way...

I downloaded your script from your website today (so the library should be new!)

Like I said - it adds the borders and then dies...

Hmmm - I already tried that. I put all of the .js files in the script directory and then put the cowlib folder in there too. Then when that didnt work, I copied the files from the cowlib folder and put them in the scripts folder. Got same behaviour either way...

I downloaded your script from your website today (so the library should be new!)

Like I said - it adds the borders and then dies...

The completely new version should be out in a few days so hopefully this should sort it but if you would like to join the beta testers PM me. I am trying to make sure all the bugs are ironed out before the new version is released.

I am particularly looking for a beta tester running Elements too.

Right I am now at, possibly, the release version. One or two more changes including the screen layout of the editor:

PAGE 1

EBSpage1B.png

PAGE 2

EBSpage2B.png

If you look at page 1 the four edges have now been split up and a few extra tick boxes have appeared which include ASK. If you tick this box then an alert box is displayed containing the text that would be printed and you can then edit or replace this text.

This can allow you to label your pictures individually, you can also add fixed information too which can allow you to have specific scripts for different reasons.

Also you will notice far more use of drop down boxes in order to stop users selecting incorrect information !

Anybody who has viewed this page prior to 13:00 on 18th just do a refresh as I have changed the screen layout of the screen above...

Cowasaki
As a complete pc plonker, I've just been on your site to take advantage of this brilliant script.
I followed all the instructions until it said
"Download and extract the script and then save the file ending with the extension .js into your scripts directory"
There are 7 files that end with with .js. EBF-border1 withEXIF.js through to User data Editor RC2.js
Do I put them all into the scripts folder or just 1 of them?
My apologies for being a complete PC idiot, I just don't want to get it wrong and maybe do more damage.
I have PS Elements 6
Thanks
Ian

Cowasaki
As a complete pc plonker, I've just been on your site to take advantage of this brilliant script.
I followed all the instructions until it said
"Download and extract the script and then save the file ending with the extension .js into your scripts directory"
There are 7 files that end with with .js. EBF-border1 withEXIF.js through to User data Editor RC2.js
Do I put them all into the scripts folder or just 1 of them?
My apologies for being a complete PC idiot, I just don't want to get it wrong and maybe do more damage.
I have PS Elements 6
Thanks
Ian

It is ALL of them BUT there will be a TOTALLY new version coming out in the next few days.

Yes VERSION 2 (no longer version 1.2!) is out hopefully this week - complete with an installer so everyone can benefit. PLUS it works correctly with multiple users on the same computer (this is a fault that was stopping it working on lots of peoples computers and only discovered 2 days ago! ie installed as admin then run as user - certain files were then missing) plus it also includes a FULL GRAPHICAL EDITOR for the scripts AND users details. PLUS there is a BATCH processor, drop shadows, user designable graphical borders, PANEL generator (like Triptych but any size), CONTACT SHEET GENERATOR and WEB GALLERY GENERATOR....... and more....

It will also have a new name and a complete manual !

It is ALL of them BUT there will be a TOTALLY new version coming out in the next few days.

Yes VERSION 2 (no longer version 1.2!) is out hopefully this week - complete with an installer so everyone can benefit. PLUS it works correctly with multiple users on the same computer (this is a fault that was stopping it working on lots of peoples computers and only discovered 2 days ago! ie installed as admin then run as user - certain files were then missing) plus it also includes a FULL GRAPHICAL EDITOR for the scripts AND users details. PLUS there is a BATCH processor, drop shadows, user designable graphical borders, PANEL generator (like Triptych but any size), CONTACT SHEET GENERATOR and WEB GALLERY GENERATOR....... and more....

It will also have a new name and a complete manual !

Ooooo very interested!

Cheers Mr Cow. I'll wait and monitor your website then.
Thanks again to everyone that has had an input on this, it looks the dogs on images.
Cheers
Ian.

Please use the new thread for discussions about the new version. I will stop supporting the old version in a few weeks as there is no reason not to upgrade.

I will do my absolute best to make sure that this software works with EVERY possible combination of the following:

CS2, CS3, CS4, Elements 6, Elements 7

MacOS Tiger Onwards and inc Server

XP, Vista and Windows 7 including 32 and 64 versions.

Ok I have installed the scripts but when I run the EBS default I get red edged borders, I tried opening the EBS editor to change this but what am I supposed to open? Not used to scripts (in case you hadn't guessed) Wayne

Ok I have installed the scripts but when I run the EBS default I get red edged borders, I tried opening the EBS editor to change this but what am I supposed to open? Not used to scripts (in case you hadn't guessed) Wayne

When you run EBS Editor you are aske to pick the file to edit, chose EBS Default, you then get the window to change the setting, then either Save to overwrite or save as and chsose a new file name.

If you are answering on this thread I think you have installed version 1. Just skip upwards a bit to the post where I say I have launched version 2. Version 2 has been written to behave like a normal program rather than the old scripts and is far more powerful whilst being quite considerably easier to use.

I will post a link to the new thread again and ask admin to close this one when I get home can't do it from my phone.

Sorry I'm not getting something here where do I find EBS default? I tried saving a pic as a PSD and it doesn't see that, I tried the scripts folder again nothing? help. Wayne
3221352070_7968052312_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back