Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

A bit late......one from yesterday evening

A distant Castle Hill and Emley Moor @500mm

View attachment 389488

I love Emley Moor mast.... but prefer it before the temporary mast (and after it's gone), which I believe is supposed to be in the not too distant future.
I have often wondered what people from out of the area think when they first see it on the horizon.

Hi, first I went to Oberursel/D, a town where many bankers live, to take pics of cars meeting for an outing :

DSC01419-a7r2-4-s35-c.jpg

DSC01437-a7-2-4-s35-c.jpg

Then I went to Ober-Mörlen for an US-car and bike meeting:

DSC01473-a7r2-4-s35-c.jpg

DSC01448-a7r2-4-s35-c.jpg

DSC01482-a7r2-4-s35-c.jpg

Lunch at McD's, where I used the gift to test the bokeh of my new SONY 1,8/35 :

DSC01525-a7r2-4-s35-18.jpg

You certainly gets some nice cars in your area @justpix

Been checking nest boxes this aft, quite a few still sitting but already have Blue tit, Great tit and a surprise brood of Nuthatch chicks, posted in that order.

Blue tit.jpg

Great tit.jpg

Nuthatch.jpg

Short evening walk with the Pana G80 & 12-60mm lens.
Watching the Spider making it's web was brilliant, seeing the distant muntjac was just one of those occasions when I don't take a long lens and then wish I had, cos you never know.

002 19 05 23.jpg
004 19 05 23.jpg
009 19 05 23.jpg
010 19 05 23.jpg
008 19 05 23.jpg

Not sure if I'm cheating here as strictly speaking I didn't take the photos. But here are few from my cheap ebay Trail camera. I haven't used it before on photo mode so I was quite surprised to see the time ( which is wrong) and temperature read out ! Straight from camera other than reducing in size to fit here.

1a.JPG

2a.JPG

He's behind you !
3a.JPG

Benthall Hall, Just brought it as a potting shed ! I was a bit disapointed as it did not ope till 1 pm and we arrived just after 11am. Not a major issue as we live fairly close and I have been there before. Photo taken from the surrounding meadow.

1.JPG

From what I can gather a previous owner made his money in Cast Iron ( not far from Iron Bridge) so at least some of the family grave stones are made out of iron.This is from the Church yard which is on the grounds of Benthall Hall.
3.JPG

The church

4.JPG

A bit random but I quite like it, HDR of course.
5.JPG

From the centre of Much Wenlock, Lighting was terrible and I was forced to stand under a tall hedge pushing myself into it to get the old church in frame and avoid parked cars !

6.JPG

A house I pass often, I've always thought the Wisteria looks fantastic !

7.JPG

WARNING the next photos are very random ,I found Jumbo the Elephant in a skip as I walked passed. He had had his Ivory poached so I had to give him some wooden ones

I couldn't find anything in the garden that was curved and small enough to fit in the original holes so Jumbo had to have some straight tusks. I cut them to length placed them in a battery drill and sanded the bark off, pointed the ends then gave them a coat of white paint.
WATER3.jpg

In a more natural environment
WATER2.jpg

At the watering hole with the lads and a few lasses !
WATERING HOLE.jpg

Last edited:
Back